Portabello mushroom "lasagna"

Options
idauria
idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
I made this last night. It's something I had made years ago when I was new to low carb dieting. It's so easy to make and very delicious. I cleaned the gills out of some portabello mushrooms. I filled each cap with 1/4 cup ricotta cheese(I used non fat to cut down on the cals, but if you want less carbs, use low or full fat), then I layered with 1/4 cup of 93% lean meat sauce(homemade, was in my freezer), then 1/4 cup 2% shredded mozzarella, topped with some plain tomato sauce. I also sprinkled on 1 tbs grated parmesan cheese. Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes. The mushrooms should be soft and easily pierced with a fork or knife. They came out so good, even my 6 year old daughter loved it!

The way I made them it came out to be around 250 cals, 18g carbs, 22 grams protein or so. Obviously this is something you can tweak to adjust for cals and carbs.

Replies

• Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Those sound so yummy. Did you use the real big Portabella's or the small button ones?
  • cwunderlich
    cwunderlich Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    bump...sounds delicious
  • idauria
    idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Those sound so yummy. Did you use the real big Portabella's or the small button ones?

The large ones. It's much easier to fill the larger caps.
  • ajlarz
    ajlarz Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Awesome idea!!!! I will be trying this! I think I'll add a spinach/garlic mixture too. YUM!
  • Suziq2you
    Suziq2you Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    bump
  • cabaray
    cabaray Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    bump
  • leanmachinedream
    Options
    This sounds amazing. I love new spins on food. My recent spin on lasagna was using won ton wrappers as the noodle layers. Each lasagna cup comes to about 130 calories.
  • mish26
    mish26 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    This is going on my menu for next week! My son's favorite food is lasagna and my husband and I love mushrooms! Perfect.
  • mamasasa
    mamasasa Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I use portabello mushrooms to make tuna melts! Love how easy they replace the bread or noodles :-)
  • andreacord
    Options
    OH MY GOD. I've been craving lasagna and portabellas are on my shopping list.. Thanks! Bump for later :)
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    Awesome idea!!!! I will be trying this! I think I'll add a spinach/garlic mixture too. YUM!
    ooh that sounds really good too!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sergetns73
    sergetns73 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    wong tong wrapper instead of noodles ? how did you get them cook so they dont go hard ?
  • his_kid1
    his_kid1 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    YUM! Sounds really good!
  • clairification
    clairification Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    This sounds awesome! I love mushrooms and have really missed lasagna since going gluten free-now I can have the best of both worlds!
  • andreacord
    Options
    OH MY GOD. I've been craving lasagna and portabellas are on my shopping list.. Thanks! Bump for later :)
  • cynfullcyn
    cynfullcyn Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mochama12487
    mochama12487 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I use portabello mushrooms to make tuna melts! Love how easy they replace the bread or noodles :-)

OMG Why did I never think of mushroom tuna melts?!?!?!
  • ursula71
    Options
    bump
  • tjspain
    tjspain Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    sounds great....i will have to try this one for sure!!!:love: