Replies

• carole456
    carole456 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    this sounds delicious, I'll definitely try it this weekend
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,006 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing sounds YUMMY. I have been making lasagna using sliced zucchini instead of the noodles it is good but a bit runny because of the water in the zucchini.
  • tenax
    tenax Posts: 97
    Options
    love portobello mushrooms..they are good too with a bit of olive oil and that dark vinegar and any other seasoning you like (like you use for dipping focaccio) marinate in a baggie for a day in the mix, then put some shredded skim milk mozzarella on top and bbq!
  • sharonsjones
    sharonsjones Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    That sounds so good!! My husband would love that!
  • leanmachinedream
    Options
    wong tong wrapper instead of noodles ? how did you get them cook so they dont go hard ?

The outside of the wrappers get crispy but the inside stays pretty soft. I put one won ton wrapper in a muffin tin, low-fat ricotta cheese, ground turkey, pasta sauce, and mozzerella. Then another won ton wrapper with another layer of ingredients and they go in the oven at 350 for about 15 minutes.
  • idauria
    idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Awesome idea!!!! I will be trying this! I think I'll add a spinach/garlic mixture too. YUM!
    ooh that sounds really good too!

If I had frozen chopped spinach in the freezer I would have used it in there to have a green element in the dish. I didn't eat it with anything else.
  • bridgeville
    Options
    bump
  • tenax
    tenax Posts: 97
    Options
    we had these for dinner tonight. used prego and tex mex cheese mix. awesome!
  • Hairhacker
    Hairhacker Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    These sound great!!
  • AngelaWeber
    AngelaWeber Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • cynfullcyn
    cynfullcyn Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    tried it today amazing!
  • KateB1982
    KateB1982 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Bookluver81
    Bookluver81 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    That sounds delicious.
  • tenessaa
    tenessaa Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    mmmmm gonna have to try this!
  • kristinajaffe
    kristinajaffe Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I MAKE SOMETHING SIMILAR.. BUT ADD A COUPLE TABLESPOONS OF PUMPKIN PUREE TO THE SAUCE.. AND A HANDFUL OF SHREDDED ZUCHINNI.. SOMETIMES I THROW IN SOME DICED EGGPLANT... GOOD WAY TO GET IN SOME VEGGEIS.. NEVER TRIED THE RICOTTA BUT WILL HAVE TO DO THAT NOW... THIS IS ONE OF MY ABSOLUTE FAVE MEALS.. YOU CAN ALSO COVER AND MICROWAVE FOR ABOUT 3-4 MINS AND ITS PERFECT... :) ALSO PACKS REALLY WELL FOR TAKING LUNCH TO WORK.. JUST PUT ALL THE INGREDIENTS TOGETHER AND MICROWAVE WHEN READY.. :smile:
  • alyson820
    alyson820 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    You had me at 'portabello'
  • sizzlinoverthefat
    sizzlinoverthefat Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I made this last night. It's something I had made years ago when I was new to low carb dieting. It's so easy to make and very delicious. I cleaned the gills out of some portabello mushrooms. I filled each cap with 1/4 cup ricotta cheese(I used non fat to cut down on the cals, but if you want less carbs, use low or full fat), then I layered with 1/4 cup of 93% lean meat sauce(homemade, was in my freezer), then 1/4 cup 2% shredded mozzarella, topped with some plain tomato sauce. I also sprinkled on 1 tbs grated parmesan cheese. Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes. The mushrooms should be soft and easily pierced with a fork or knife. They came out so good, even my 6 year old daughter loved it!

The way I made them it came out to be around 250 cals, 18g carbs, 22 grams protein or so. Obviously this is something you can tweak to adjust for cals and carbs.

BUMP
  • hopelindemann
    Options
    omg i though i lost your idea, i found it yesterday n then couldnt find it till i did search for wong tong wrappers, lol, this is wonderful idea think you for shearing,
  • hopelindemann
    Options
    wong tong wrapper instead of noodles ? how did you get them cook so they dont go hard ?

The outside of the wrappers get crispy but the inside stays pretty soft. I put one won ton wrapper in a muffin tin, low-fat ricotta cheese, ground turkey, pasta sauce, and mozzerella. Then another won ton wrapper with another layer of ingredients and they go in the oven at 350 for about 15 minutes.
  • wonderwomanwannaB
    Options
    Themommy: Try pressing your zucchini (place in a colander than put a bowl on top) before using it for lasagna, it will remove the excess water so it's less runny.