WHAT AM I DOING WRONG????

Options
2»

Replies

• sassyredgirl
    sassyredgirl Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Ill tell you from experience the calorie counter on the machines are way off. The only real way to know how many calories is to have a HRM thisis the only thing i trust. The machine over estimates sometimes by half. Just and idea.
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    The only thing I have to say is before you go chomping on an additional 700 calories- invest in a HRM that tracks your calories burned and tracks your heart rate- So you know exactly how many calories your burning-- You will be suprised how off the machines and websites are--
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    if that is a BMI of 23, you are in the normal zone already, losing more weight is going to be difficult, and having a big deficit is going to make it harder, not easier. IMHO you should focus on a small deficit, shaping your body, and building muscle. that will get you where you want to be, having a large deficit at this point will only mess up your metabolism and make it hard for you to sustain your current weight in the long run. with a BMI of 23 you should go and have your Body Fat % checked, and use you body fat and measurements and general fitness level as your goals, I wouldn't worry about the scale any more.

Best of luck to you.

-Banks
  • mnichol
    mnichol Posts: 642
    Options
    On this subject, short of providing more info than you want to know :laugh: , what if you take meds that list weight gain as a side effect???
  • Falcon
    Falcon Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    I would definitely think about investing into a HRM. I found that I was burning more calories then I originally thought during a walk. The website says I burn two hundred, not even close. According to my HRM I was burning somewhere between 300 - 600 per walk.

I would definately stay away from all the high sugar and sodium snacks, like sun chips and V8, watch your labels when you buy things. Buy more veggies and fruits.

I can't really add anymore to whats already been suggested in this thread. There's a lot of good advice already. Good Luck :)