5' 7'' What is your goal?

Options

Replies

• justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    5'7" Here

My Ultimate goal, numerically speaking is 141. That puts me right in the middle of Normal BMI and would represent 100lbs lost.

My real goals are fitness, medium shirts and (I dunno) 30 inch waist jeans.

My next goal is another 16 pounds by halloween. That would be 159lbs, normal weight and 5 pounds lighter than I can remember being in my adult life. The other 18 would have to come off by March 13th my birthday. If I can't quite reach that weight and I like how I feel and look I may decide I'm maintaining wherever I am, but we'll see.
  • faya195
    faya195 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 7" and aiming for 135. I have to admit though that I more or less just picked this number out of thin air as I've never been anywhere near it. I want to get down to that number and see whether I like it or not and also whether it's a sustainable weight for me. I weigh 150 now and am already quite happy with this but there is some saggy skin that needs toning up. I am a UK 12 (US 8 I think?) and want to fit into UK 10 clothes comfortably. Almost forgot: I am a "pear", next to no boobs (thank you, inventor of push up bras!), relatively flat stomach, not much of a defined waist, wide hips and proportionally big thighs.

Highest weight (end of 2010): 292.5 (132 kg)
    Current weight: 150 (68 kg)
    Target weight: 135 (61 kg)
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    My goal is 130-135 lbs. But my real goal is 15-18% body fat. I think that weight would put me in the right range, but I'm gonna have to get my BF tested to be sure. From there I want to try and put back on about 5 lbs of solid muscle.
  • reyopo
    reyopo Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I hover around 135-138 and fine with it. I've discovered that even though I am a very active person, I'd have to eat a lot less if I had a lower goal weight, which I'm not really willing to do. I'm athletic and I feel good, that's what counts. I think IDEALLY I'd be about 130.

Right now I'm about 19.5-20% body fat. It's all in my lower body. I wear a size 4-6 depending on the brand.

Hello fellow CT'ian! I'm in Fairfield :)

Wow...exactly my stats and attitude...size, bf %, weight, body type...everything. Samesies!
  • andie2013
    andie2013 Posts: 101
    Options
    I'm 5'6", jean size 16 and 38%body fat. My goals are to be a jean size 10-12 and 20%body fat... although it is taking far longer than I expected. My body just refuses to let go of the inches around my waist and hips as well as my body fat. But I'm stubborn so I guess my body is too, good grief! :P
  • weighlossforbaby
    weighlossforbaby Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7 and is at 179 lbs right now. My goal is 160 lbs for now but when I get there and if I wanna get to 150 lbs then I'll try. I don't wanna be muscular and built tight, I just wanna be smaller than I am now.
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    135-140! i have a medium frame. started at 163 and the scale hovers between 153-155 these days.
  • viad25720
    viad25720 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I am same height. I have about 100 pounds to lose, I just started a few days ago. My goal is 140, which according to my dietitian is smack dab in the middle of normal weight range for our height. :-)
  • amorrowmuffin
    Options
    Hey,
    you look amazing, message me some of your secrets?? :):)
    i'm 5'9 and 157lbs, I'm new to this site today actually. My goal is 125...may be a little too much weight to lose for my height.
  • FarmGirl69
    FarmGirl69 Posts: 211
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and have a goal of 150...once I'm there I'm going to see how I look...might go to 145 or even 140. At this point, just concentrating on the 150 goal and that will put me back where I was 10 1/2 yrs ago when I started this job. :flowerforyou:
  • pattiwithani
    Options
    I am about that height, and I started at about 175. My goal was to lose 30 pounds...so I guess that makes my goal weight about 145. I am past half way there and already thrilled that clothes fit more comfortably. I am not looking to be a model, just be more comfortable in my own skin.
  • Rockmyskinnyjeans
    Rockmyskinnyjeans Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and (this time) I started at 191 lbs. I was just under 181 lbs when I joined MFP. I'm currently at 143 lbs and my goal is 135 lbs. I'm pretty happy at 143, though, so if I can just tone some more, all will be awesome anyways. I wear a 4-6 or 3-7 in juniors, depends on what I'm trying on :)
  • aadumas
    aadumas Posts: 15
    Options
    Hello all... I'm 5'7'' and currently weigh 132 lbs (started at 157). I am wondering what everyone's goal weight is for this height!? Trying to figure out what I want to look like haha... and thought it would help if I knew what YOU want to look like :P

I am the same height and my goal is 135lbs. I am currently at 149/148, I keep fluctuating.
  • DaniU617
    DaniU617 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7" and I started this journey @ 320lbs a little over a year ago! After having m sixth child and knowing we were done having kids I decided it was time to get my *kitten* in gear so I could be around for my children. In the past 13 months I have learned alot about myself! I currently have lost 73lbs and feel AWESOME! I still have tons to go, but my goal weight right now is to get to 200lbs. I know that is still not considered "Healthy" weight, but I figured giving myself a goal os losing 120lbs was enough for now. I will eventually lose more, but as of right now I am shooting for 200lbs :)
  • iloso
    iloso Posts: 156
    Options
    Dam......im one short a** dude...Im 5' 6 and my goal weight is 165 then begin to start cutting. Im down to 171 from 185.
  • bluechip777
    bluechip777 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    i've been happy as a clam @ 140 before~
  • Drealynnrose
    Drealynnrose Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 7" . My goal weight is 140. I graduated high school at 135. Still have about 17 lbs to go. Didn't lose any weight this week but I know it is better to go slow. Sometimes I will lose 1.5 lbs in a week. I now have to start lowering my sweets even more. Yuck!!! I am now 33 and I also know that my metabolism isn't like when I was 18 so if I get to 150 and feel good there then that is fine. We'll see. Also don't wants my BMI to be overweight. Keep going in your journey. It is all worth it-mentally, emotionally and physically.
  • cardiokitten
    cardiokitten Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    120-125lbs :)
  • Rockmyskinnyjeans
    Rockmyskinnyjeans Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and a med/large frame. I am 139 lbs and I am essentially at goal weight now. I wear a 2-6 (or a 3-7 in juniors). I am working on toning now.
  • spiregrain
    spiregrain Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7". I have a "tiered plan" for myself:

195 (starting) --> 165 (current) --> 150 (1st goal)

Then focus on building a little more muscle and maintaining 150

Then 150 --> 135

Then focus on building a little more muscle and maintaining 135.

I've been 135 before. My problem with it is that I have long skinny bones and a very angular face and at that weight my face looks positively undead, but I still have belly fat coming over the top of my pants and flabby arms. So I want to go a little slow and get down to a healthy weight with a higher muscle mass on the way. If I'm going to have the face of a starving vampire, I want to at least have a super fit body to show for it. My face really looks best at about 150, which is on the normal/overweight line for me. I wish I would keep more fat on my cheekbones when I lose!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!