Make up

Options
ishallnotwant
ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
What are some of the make up products you really can't live without?

Also, do you have a good (cheap) recommendation for a waterproof, hypoallergenic mascara? I wear contacts and even without them in i've noticed my old stand by (Maybelline Great Lash, been using it for years) mascara is making my eyes all sensitive and watery lately. :(

ETA: The reason I need waterproof is because when I use my contact lens eye drops they ALWAYS cause my mascara to run into my eyes and then they hurt and get all red. :(

ETA: By "really can't live without" I mean you really enjoy them...not that you'd keel over dead if you didn't have them. lol! :tongue:

Replies

• LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Cannot live without eye primer. Urban Decay is my fave. As far as waterproof mascara, I usually don't use it unless I am going to a funeral. I keep Tarte's Eyelash Tint for that. It's insane, I don't know how they get away with advertising it as a tint! That stuff is no joke. You have to have a really good eye make up remover to get it off, as it is made to last for 4 days.
  • ahealthy4u
    ahealthy4u Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I hardly ever where makeup any more I will have to find out what it is that my good friend wheres she too has contacts but she is blind as a bat no pun inteaded she sleeps with her glasses on just so she can see when she gets up she has done this sense I have known her. I will find out an let yeah know
  • Mummsy
    Mummsy Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I have always used Loreal voluminous mascara. Totally NOT waterproof but I love it!
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    Cannot live without eye primer. Urban Decay is my fave. As far as waterproof mascara, I usually don't use it unless I am going to a funeral. I keep Tart's Eyelash Tint for that. It's insane, I don't know how they get away with advertising it as a tint! That stuff is no joke. You have to have a really good eye make up remover to get it off, as it is made to last for 4 days.

Wow!! lol! I can't imagine how anyone would be able to wear it for 4 days. My eyes would be pretty angry by then! lol!
  • FruitLoop05317
    Options
    too faced shadow insurance and urban decay naked palette Love them!!!!!!!!!!
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of makeup products I can't live without!!!!

Eyeshadow primer
    moisturizer
    a good mascara ... I only use drugstore mascara, and always replace it every two or three months. Right now I'm using Loreal Double Extend. It's not waterproof, but it's the the kind that puts like, tubes around your lashes and it doesn't come off without warm water and light rubbing.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I buy cheap drugstore stuff.

Love Maybelline "Falsies" mascara. I don't leave the house without mascara and fill in my (sparse, light-colored, not-enough-to-even-pluck) eyebrows, but I only wear a full face of makeup when I go out or on weekends.
  • embersfallen
    embersfallen Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    bump for later... i'm a makeup junkie! ;)
  • WhitneyAnnabelle
    WhitneyAnnabelle Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I can't live without liquid eyeliner. NARS blush in Orgasm mixed with Tarte Bronze Goddess cheek stain (not sure if they still make it), Clinque Black Honey lips, Maybelline The Falsies mascara (not sure if it's hypoallergenic). Benefit's eyebrow powder (I was born with really thin, high arched eyebrows that need a little filling in). Benefit's CORALista blush. I'm notorious for my eyeliner, though. Haha. I'm sure my pictures prove that.
  • ivanaaaaaaaaa
    Options
    i don't wear make up, but i can't live without chap stick.
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    Options
    Clinique anti blemish foundation and matte powder
  • 1Timothy4v8
    1Timothy4v8 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    red lipstick! I don't always wear it, but when I wanna feel sexy and all that, a put some on and walk around my hunny with powty lips, never fails! and it helps to include red nails too

also I like eye linner I wear it on the inside of the eye lid like not on the top but under on the bottom of the top eye lid, then I normaly wear water proof mascara, it never runs, and I just leave it on, and reaply the next day, I kinda really like the day after look that it gives

now that I am ageing I think I will start to love cover up at least for the deep wrinkle between my eyes, guess all have to pick some up =(
  • Fockertots
    Options
    Almay is all hypoallergenic I believe....

I use their mineral powder and LOVE it. It's got a wet feeling when you put it on, it's supposed to wake your face up.
    They also have eye liners and mascaras that are tailored to different eye colors.. Maybe I'm naive, but I assume it's all hypoallergenic because I don't have any reactions to it and I have super sensitive skin.
  • NDgrrrl144
    NDgrrrl144 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am a Mary Kay consultant (and user!) and I have to say our products are amazing! Reasonable prices and great results. And if you're not sure, there is a 100% guarantee =)

My must have makeup item is Foundation Primer! Not only extends the wear of your foundation, but also helps to even out skin tone/hide blemishes...basically helps foundation do it's job better. Oh, and our waterproof mascara is triathalon-tested to last =)
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    Oh God!!!!!! I have waaaaaay too much makeup to even answer this, but I will try. Face and eye primer, diminishes pore size and blemish appearance. Pearl white eyeshadow is a great highlight. Whatever Colour eyeshadow you use, always have a dark and light version for definition, rose blush, light bronzed, revlon photo finish powder, true blend base, a good pinkish brown lipgloss, black pencil eyeliner and voluminous mascara(worn it in the pool with no runs). Neutrogena eye makeup remover. Neutrogena grapefruit cleansing scrub, neutrogena stress acne toned and several colour options of eye shadow. That is what I cannot go without........ I'm the girl with three suitcases for a weekend trip to the beach though......
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Cannot live without eye primer. Urban Decay is my fave. As far as waterproof mascara, I usually don't use it unless I am going to a funeral. I keep Tarte's Eyelash Tint for that. It's insane, I don't know how they get away with advertising it as a tint! That stuff is no joke. You have to have a really good eye make up remover to get it off, as it is made to last for 4 days.

Wow!! lol! I can't imagine how anyone would be able to wear it for 4 days. My eyes would be pretty angry by then! lol!

I got it in a mascara sampler from Sephora and didn't know it wasn't normal mascara. I had to Google it to figure out why it was so hardcore! There's no way I could wear it for 4 days, but I have no doubt it would last that long!!

http://tartecosmetics.com/tarte-item-4-day-stay
  • toned_n_curvy
    Options
    maybelline superstay powder foundation and maybelline the falsies in black drama.
  • Tulipea
    Tulipea Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    elf lip gloss :D cheap and beautiful!
  • godricshollow
    godricshollow Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Primer for eyes + face is a must for me. I wear a lot of MAC makeup, especially the eyeshadows and lipsticks. Ruby Woo is my favourite red :)
  • em9371
    em9371 Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    I love all things Urban Decay, i like all the mad colours, nothing is tested on animals and the packaging is gorgeous!! their primer potion is a total miracle worker, also couldnt be without naked palette, book of shadows, 24/7 eyeliners / shadow pencils, razor sharp finishing powder :)
    benefit moonbeam highlighter / benetint lip & cheek stain
    boots 17 waterproof mascara, its only cheap but havent found one that works better!
    the UD 24/7 eyeliners, benetint and mascara are totally gym proof, swim proof 2 minute makeup :)