Make up

Options
2»

Replies

• bohoatthebeach
    Options
    ? I wear contacts and even without them in i've noticed my old stand by (Maybelline Great Lash, been using it for years) mascara is making my eyes all sensitive and watery lately. :(

how old is the mascara? it might be full of bacteria, ahahaha.

i can't live without eyeliner and mascara. :smile:
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    Concealer, Eyebrow fill in powder and brush.... These are the key components for my basic look even when i am just running to the store!! LOL
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    ? I wear contacts and even without them in i've noticed my old stand by (Maybelline Great Lash, been using it for years) mascara is making my eyes all sensitive and watery lately. :(

how old is the mascara? it might be full of bacteria, ahahaha.

Definitely possible. I never have problems with my mascara making my eyes sensitive/watery. But for the record, I use the mascara in the orange tube.
  • AReasor
    AReasor Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I have very sensitive eyes and I just got contacts also about 2 weeks ago. Even without the contacts, I could only use Covergirl waterproof mascara and pencil eyeliner. I can use different products for eye shadow, but for some reason Covergirl just works for me. I also try to not apply too much eye makeup to the outer bottom corner of my eye. I wish I had a better answer for why this works, but it just does. I tried recently to use a different brand, and all my eyes did was water and itch.

Hope this helps.
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    Does this stuff count?

chapstick1.jpg
  • MyFeistyEvolution
    MyFeistyEvolution Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    too faced shadow insurance and urban decay naked palette Love them!!!!!!!!!!

Urban Decay Naked Palette is FABULOUS!!! That with the primer...you're eyes, no matter what color, look amazing!

I also love my new Bobbi Brown mascara...think it's called party something...sorry can't remember but it has something it in that helps naturally curl your lashes.
  • audigal2008
    audigal2008 Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    LOVE Make up!
  • MyFeistyEvolution
    MyFeistyEvolution Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Does this stuff count?

chapstick1.jpg

Haha...you bet....got that stuff in the nightstand to put on before sleeping. Gotta have soft smooth supple lips. :wink:
  • NatalieBrooke88
    NatalieBrooke88 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    love LOVE love love my bare escentuals products. Seriously, my skin looks so much better when I am using it, and I get compliments! I use the starter kit- foundation, bronzer, powder, and I use Maybelline cream blush with it. :)
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    Eyeliner.
    Mascara.

Dream Matt Mousse foundation (its not the best, but it doesnt give me spots so i cant complain..).
  • HBinOC
    HBinOC Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I am a Sephora junkie - I usually get the Beauty Insider Gifts and they have mascara all the time- so I never really buy it alone- Sephora brand is good enough for me.

But I never leave home without my lipstick on -556 Berry Preserve- Covergirl-been wearing it for years..
  • kellicruz1978
    kellicruz1978 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    What are some of the make up products you really can't live without?

Also, do you have a good (cheap) recommendation for a waterproof, hypoallergenic mascara? I wear contacts and even without them in i've noticed my old stand by (Maybelline Great Lash, been using it for years) mascara is making my eyes all sensitive and watery lately. :(

ETA: The reason I need waterproof is because when I use my contact lens eye drops they ALWAYS cause my mascara to run into my eyes and then they hurt and get all red. :(

ETA: By "really can't live without" I mean you really enjoy them...not that you'd keel over dead if you didn't have them. lol! :tongue:

I started using Bare Minerals stuff about a year ago, and I love it. Especially the mineral veil, I won't go anywhere without it.

They make a great waterproof mascara too.
  • StacyX582
    Options
    I wear all sorts of drug store makeup..maybelline dream matte foundation (cancels out my natural redness), maybelline black eyeliner, usually cover girl or maybelline mascara (currently using 'the falsies' as someone else said, love it!), and maybelline lipstick in "born with it" (just a tiny tiny bit pink, better than natural!). Also have my clinique anti-redness powder (to cancel out the rest of the redness!), and all of my fun urban decay pencils and shadows ('Midnight Cowboy' is the BEST!), my new tokidoki shadow set that I got for christmas! But those are for play :) Wear the eyeliner, mascara, and foundation every day, it's me only better :)
  • EmilyB589
    EmilyB589 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I also wear contacts. Recently I had my eyelashes tinted (like hair dye except for eyelashes) it looks like I'm wearing mascara and lasts 4-6 weeks.

I don't think I'd every go back to applying mascara everyday, it's so much easier not having to worry if I smudged anything if my eyes water!
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    I CANNOT live without my Seche Vite fast dry top coat.
    You paint it on over any nail color, fast dry or not, and your polish is do-the-dishes dry in about 20 minutes. It totally cuts out the hassle of having to schedule when you can do your nails. And it's super shiny!

seche-vite-dry-fast-top-coat.jpg
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Cannot live without Mary Kay's waterproof mascara. I don't wear contacts, but my eyes water a lot. I really don't care for the raccoon look. And lip balm. I have one in every room of the house and in my car.
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Eyeliner and studio tech from MAC. I have a few spots from when I use to wear glasses so I use that to cover it up :( but I can do without it... But I do have to out on eyeliner, even if it's just a tiny bit. But that's it.
    I'm trying to not wear makeup as much but I have so many flaws but I'm working on them :)

Only thing that is a must for me is that I get my eyebrows done. Now that is a must :)
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    I can't live without my Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage concealer. You get 2 colors so you can get the right shade any time of year and it lasts forever! I have oily skin and other concealers melt away.

I also can't live without Aquaphor, I use it as lip balm and on my cuticles.