Do you still eat or drink..........

Options
124»

Replies

• zoecb
    zoecb Posts: 3
    Options
    I haven't had any of those for years (why would you have white anything ever? Wholemeal is so much nicer!) and yes I do lose weight. Very gradually.

I was raised on skimmed milk from an early age, anything thicker tastes like cream to me.
    I bought whole milk by accident once, I couldn't think of anything to do with it other than pour some over cake!
  • kyrstensmom
    kyrstensmom Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Full fat milk

White Bread

White rice

White pasta.

Are you losing weight?

Milk: I drink 1% (only rarely because I don't like milk) because that is what my husband and children drink.
    Bread: Only organic, whole grain breads....Dave's Killer Bread is so yummy, once I tried it I knew I would never eat another kind of bread again.
    Rice: Organice brown rice (super cheap at Costco) cooked in vegi or chicken broth. It freezes really well, so I just make a batch and put it in serving sizes in freezer containers for quick grab lunches.
    Pasta: Whole grain, but it took a lot of getting used to. Still don't prefer it over white pasta, but eat it because its better for my family (and me).
    I am losing weight. 35lbs so far, about 20 to go.
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Yes to all.
  • lightstruck1
    lightstruck1 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I eat white bread, and white pasta. I hate the taste of wheat bread and wheat pasta. I don't drink full fat milk though because it's really not good for you and I'm lactose intolerant and vegan. I also eat white rice too! I may not get all the extra nutrients or the better grains in whole wheat products but I don't have pasta or bread that much anyways :)
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    I dont drink milk except in my coffee but it is the full fat stuff (cause the kids like it)
    We have white bread and wheat bread in the house and it honestly depends on my mood that day.
    We're hispanic we have rice atleast once a week and the kis hated the brown rice (wasn't a huge fan of it myself) so we switched back to white
    Pasta wise I do whole wheat and white it depends. But everyones right its all about portion control. Ive have been steadly losing weight since I joined this site
  • TriforceRaven
    TriforceRaven Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    My parents have NEVER bought any of that for me, or the family. So I really haven't ever had it. Nor do I like the taste of it (I've tried it at other places, though). I've never developed a taste for it, and really, the only type of "bread" that I eat anymore is my grandma's homemade French bread with just salt, yeast, flour, and water. I just really dislike the taste of white bread (but I'm not fond of wheat bread either), white pasta, and whole milk.
  • AStanley0809
    Options
    Yes, I eat white everything... it just makes things much easier since my husband doesn't eat anything whole wheat. I just try to cut back on how much I eat.

I will eat whole wheat or whole grain if I am having it with someone else who also enjoys it, but to make two separate batches nightly, it just gets a little ridiculous.

No weight loss yet, but I'm a beginner at REALLY GIVING IT MY ALL!!!! Hopefully I will start showing results soon.

Oh but milk is def. 1%... but I don't drink it anyways... just for cereal.
  • Kitiara47
    Options
    Yup, I still eat white bread/pasta/rice and drink 2% milk. I'm still loosing weight at about 2lbs a week. I don't eat them every day though and when I'm home over breaks my family eats wheat pasta and bread, and I think they're delicious all the same! My roommates don't like the wheat food deal and if I were to buy a loaf of bread for myself, it would get moldy pretty quick because I don't eat it all the time! :tongue: So I just eat what they do, put everything in moderation, exercise daily, and everything works out!
  • anastasiawildflower
    Options
    I used to drink whole milk when I still drank it as a kid.
    I drink almond or soy milk and soy milk is closest to whole with it's fat content.
    I do eat white rice and pastas but only eat them occasionally.
    I don't bother with wheat pastas.
    I love every kind of rice, so it really depends on the dish, but most of the time we eat brown.
    And I have always disliked white bread. We grew up with sprouted grains.

I can't exactly say I am losing weight, but I have been seeing the desired results from balancing these things.