My Story

Options
Hey Everyone, Im Ashley and im 25 and i have lost 90kgs (198 pounds) and am still going strong. Im a single mum to an amazing little girl Hannah whos 7 yrs old. My weight loss journey started in March 2011 when my 8 year relationship ended badly and i decided that something needed to change.. So i put down the junk food and got off my lazy butt and joined a gym... I was a couch potato with a computer addiction and because i had a partner (my daughters father) who did all the physically fun things with my daughter i got into the habbit of sitting back and just watching and they only really ever needed me when they were hungry and wanted me to make them something.

My relationship with my ex was a toxic one that left me depressed, lonely, miserable, paranoid, jealous and sad. But the things we do when we think we love someone *sigh*... but the end of that relationship began the start of my new healthier happier life with my daughter. I realised that I would now have to be the one to step up and be that person in Hannahs life that run around with her, played with her, laughed with her and raise her. Best thing to ever happen for Hannah and myself's relationship because we are closer and happier then ever before. She loves her new mum and couldnt be prouder!

I started back in March of 2011 at an embarressing 188 kg (414 pounds)!! at that weight i was having trouble sleeping, my back hurt at times, my ankles always hurt and i found comfort in food. When i first started going to the gym it was "HELL"! I really didnt think it was going to last but with my determination to stop being the "fat" girl i kept going and i went from going twice a week to now where i go 6 days a week. I do 10 one hour classes a week and extra cardio and weight training ontop of that. Its become part of my routine now and i love going.

I also had to change my diet dramastically as before i would never eat breakfast, snacked alot and when i did eat meals they were large portions of mostly deep fried crap and junky foods. I look back now i just get sick to my stomach thinking about all the crap we ate and when i think of my daughter who was eating the same as us i just feel ashamed of myself!.. But now ive turned it all around and not only do i get the benifits of the foods we are eating my daughter loves it too.. I threw the deep fryer out, stopped buying crappy snacks that were no good for us and started buying the good stuff. My daughter loves salad so it was easy getting her to eat what i eat :)..

Soo 11 months on and the scales say ive lost 90kgs (198 pounds), but my doctor says its more because now i have kgs of excess skin hanging from my body . Thats one of the things i knew id have to deal with being as big as i was but i never new id have so much hanging from the tops of my arms. Doctor says its 2-3 kg of excess skin on each arm and then theres my stomach and my back and my legs.. ahhh its everywhere! But until i get down to my goal weight of 75 kgs ill put off any surgery.

Anyways heres some before and after pictures

BEFORE (march 2011)

b4closeup.jpg

314013_10150360413461405_595606404_10345796_6294562_n.jpg

189115_10150151709646405_595606404_8756768_1046312_n.jpg

NOW

391109_10150518763026405_595606404_11120140_895232349_n.jpg

388451_10150518764511405_595606404_11120141_672835273_n.jpg

Thankyou for taking the time to read my story!
Oh and feel free to add me if you like :)

xx

Replies

• ashleymarlin
    Options
    I cant get my pics to show up :( .. ive tried everything!!.. Can anyone help ?
  • 30yearssincebikini
    Options
    Very inspiring story. Good job on getting out of a bad relationship and losing the weight for you and your daughter. You have really changed her life too, because she probably would have ended up eating the same stuff and gained weight when she was older. So you nipped that in the bud. You must be really proud!

I don't know about the picture thing. Sorry, not very tech minded.
  • jennalink807
    jennalink807 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    WOW You are amazing! Such hard work and determination- it's really inspiring. Thank you for sharing your story, and congratulations on the new life you're creating for yourself and your daughter!!! It must feel pretty dang good :) You deserve it!!

Blessings on the continuation of your journey!
  • Riley4ever
    Riley4ever Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on an amazing achievement in adverse circumstances. You have given your daughter a healthier mum and importantly given her the opportunity not to go down the path of fried foods and weight gain - well done! You look great in your NOW pictures, long my your success and your salad eating days continue :)
  • AllyMaloney
    Options
    Inspiring! You look great!
  • millerhillbabe
    Options
    You look GREAT!! Good Job!!!! :love:
  • lynheff
    lynheff Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you!! Amazing transformation. I know your daughter is so proud and you are such a good example to her!
  • 5Btieden
    5Btieden Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing your story! You look amazing!!! That took a lot of hard work and it shows! Keep up the great work!!
  • SmashleeWpg
    SmashleeWpg Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Just WOW. My jaw hit the floor when I saw your then and now photos. You've done an incredible job and look absolutely AMAZING!! Thanks so much for the inspiring story, and keep up the fantastic work! :)
  • Fififantastic
    Options
    beautiful, wise, strong, inspiring, brave, determined, motivated, successful, courageous, resilient, positive, exceptional. These are just some of the words that came to mind when I was reading your story. You have given your daughter a precious gift by showing her who you are, and by being the best you can be you have demonstrated to her that anything is possible if you work hard , go for it and dont give up. Your story has touched my heart and really moved me. Thank you for sharing it with us. xxxxxx
  • Cheermamasita
    Cheermamasita Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    You are very brave and much stronger than most! You should be very proud of your determination and your comitment to your self, your health and daughter. That is an amazing transformation in a very short time. You will probably never know how many people you inspired with your story, thank you for sharing!
  • ashleymarlin
    Options
    WOW... Thankyou all so much for your kind words.. Means more then you know! :)
  • sexyminxinthemaking
    Options
    YOU HAVE DONE AMAZINGLY WELL!!!BEST WISHES TO YOU AND YOUR DAUGHTER GOODLUCK FOR THE FUTURE X
  • Laner07
    Laner07 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    A truely inspiring story. You're looking great, well on your way to your goal. You little girl is adorable in that picture. You must be so proud of her for eating healthier with you.
  • lisafenton
    Options
    WOW WOW WOW very inspiring and so glad for you, keep it up girl. Ive been trying to lose weight since christmas strange day to start i know but hey i had to start some day. Im looking to lose 42lbs initially I lose 18lbs but for the last 3 weeks ive not lost an ounce. I eat approx 1000 calories a day and exercise virtually everyday. Just wish i could lose more weight.
  • Eponine7
    Eponine7 Posts: 161
    Options
    You are an amazing person. You look so wonderful. Congrats!
  • tinacc1
    tinacc1 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    You are definitely an inspiration to us all! Way to go. Hannah must be so proud of you, and I'm sure, you're very proud of yourself. You look so beautiful and fit. You helped me realize that I can get in shape too. I've let myself get 50 lbs overweight and it just feels so overwhelming to look at that number. But if you can get 198lbs off, well then, I CAN get the 50 off! Thanks for sharing your story and your pictures. Keep it up girl!
  • yaddayaddayadda
    yaddayaddayadda Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Your story made me cry... I am so happy for you! NOT for the weight loss, although that is amazing:bigsmile:

I am happy that you realized that your relationship was toxic for you and your daughter, and YOU changed your life.

So many women just take that kind of treatment... and stay in a horrible relationship/marriage for years and years.

You have wonderful things coming in life. The weight loss is great, but your freedom from the trap you were in is even better!

CONGRATULATIONS!
  • ShellyKay67
    ShellyKay67 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    WOW! You look awesome! What determination!! You are such an inspriation what hard work can accomplish! Congrats!
  • upwiththesun
    Options
    You're story is inspirational and shows dedication and determination. You're beauty shines through. :):smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!