what day is your fat-urday

Options

Replies

• kim_mc
    kim_mc Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I went to his site to read abou this. And it isn't really the "cheat" day everybody thinks it is. He still wants you to eat about 1500 cals or so. You just get to have a little extra sugar at breaskfast than you normally would. A little more carbs at dinner, ect. Not as great as a "cheat" day sounds to me! :(
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I don't have one. I eat a lot every day!
  • MissGatekeeper
    Options
    On Saturdays. I didn't know there was a theory behind it, I just happened to begin "overeating" on Saturdays when my SO returned from a loong stay away, as he wanted us to have one day a week together when I wasn't "thinking calories" and pulling out my trusted food scales constantly. I eat whatever I want that day, and I'm sloppy with my logging. It is also the day I eat at my dad's or grandma's house (where I can't estimate the calories). After starting this, I have seen my loss each week increase in an surprising way, tho. Also, I find I can put in a much higher effort at the gym on Mondays (and the lowest is on Fridays).
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    everyday's a cheat day when you learn how to eat what you like in reason.

It's about trade offs.

I love fries, it may not be wise to eat them everyday, but if they fit in my calories, and I sweated enough, I will eat fries, :)

I learn what foods has what amount of carbs, and may eat one thing vs. another

I learn what foods not to buy b/c I will eat them all, so I find great alternatives and if I eat more than one serving it won't wipe out all my calories
  • IrishMinx32
    IrishMinx32 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'm a binge eater, so i cant cheat. if i slip its usually when my monthly friend visits and its with fruits like grapes, pineapple & mango. Really sweet fruit.
  • marhattap
    marhattap Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    FRIDAY, FRIDAY, GOTTA GET DOWN ON FRIDAY!!!
  • LornaB23
    LornaB23 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I don't do cheat days and I think it is a bad idea. I've been eating well everyday for 4 weeks now (finally) and after the 2 weeks I finally got my cravings for sugar under control. Now I can see cookies, chips and I honestly don't want them. If I eat a cookie once a week I will still get cravings for them - so what is the point. It just makes it that much harder for me during the week.
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I don't have a day where I go "crazy". I work so hard every day to ensure that I maintain my weight loss that if I do something, I try and work it into my diet by burning the calories in advance. I want to avoid the "treat" mentality. Every day that I can walk, run, lift and move better/faster is a "treat" for me. Going to the gym is my treat.

If I want a brownie.. I have a bite, or a cliff bar that's loaded with protein. Find the right fit for you and LIVE IT.
  • jgw033
    Options
    I weigh in every Saturday morning, if I make weight then I don't keep track on Sat. Still don't jump off the ledge, but enjoy a thing or two that I like. Seems to work for me. This is a marathon not a sprint, I have to live with my plan.
  • Elizabeth_M
    Elizabeth_M Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I don't like calling it cheat either, but for lack of a better term, sometimes I do!

My weigh-in day is Friday, so on Friday nights only I indulge in something a little more, it really helps keep me from straying the rest of the week. I still eat everything else in moderation, but, for example, last night I asked my hubby to make parmesan-lemon risotto, which my calorie count typically doesn't account for. :) Last week, I had beer and nachos. With just this one night a week, I have still (fingers crossed) lost 2 pounds a week for the last 4 weeks, 3 pounds the first.

I still track everything, though - even if I do go 500 calories over. I still want to make sure that I am aware of everything that I put into my mouth.

Works for me.
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Jeez, calling it "cheat day" implies that you are doing something bad.

I eat whatever the hell I want on the weekend. I also burn 1200+ calories between Saturday/Sunday.

I get to indulge, I don't feel like I live in a food prison, my body appreciates the revving up it gets from a delicious hamburger, and my emotions don't go all crazy because I blew my limit.

Hasn't impeded my weight loss whatsoever.

Oh yeah - and I don't end up eating 5 Big Macs - I end up maybe 400 calories over. Big Deal! Indulge!!!
  • Elizabeth_M
    Elizabeth_M Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Jeez, calling it "cheat day" implies that you are doing something bad.

I eat whatever the hell I want on the weekend. I also burn 1200+ calories between Saturday/Sunday.

I get to indulge, I don't feel like I live in a food prison, my body appreciates the revving up it gets from a delicious hamburger, and my emotions don't go all crazy because I blew my limit.

Hasn't impeded my weight loss whatsoever.

Oh yeah - and I don't end up eating 5 Big Macs - I end up maybe 400 calories over. Big Deal! Indulge!!!

Yes, I try to keep it 400-500 cals over, because then I am at my BMR, and I figure what harm can come of that?
  • katsouth27
    Options
    I work in a casual dining resteraunt where most of the choices for me are healthy. So all week long it is foolish of me not to take advantage of the good food available to me, but as soon as I have a day off usually Tuesday, I splurge a little and have a soda and a donut and another donut...LOL
  • tmbobe
    tmbobe Posts: 11
    Options
    I think I have had two so far. I didn't plan them, I just did it when I didn't feel like cooking. It was a massive cheat day. McDonalds and pizza for dinner. I actually felt horrible after I ate, emotionally and physically. I am going to make some better choices next time on my cheat day. I also read somewhere (I don't know if it's true) that you should have a fast-day after a cheat day. I'm not doing that because I cannot fast ever, but I guess it's worth looking into.
  • tmbobe
    tmbobe Posts: 11
    Options
    If you are one that only weighs in once a week, I think it is a GREAT idea to have your cheat day following the weigh-in. That way, you won't see the weight difference because you have had a week to be good after that. For some reason, I have to get on the scale everyday (sometimes more than once). I know people say that's not good, but I think it has been my motivation throughout this. I see .2-.6 lb. difference daily, and that seems to help my diet. I have only ever done "fad" dieting and it only lasted a little while. I have been going pretty strong for almost three weeks now and have only had two "bad" days where I didn't want to go to the gym, or I wanted to eat something ridiculous.

When I learn to trust my diet and exercise regime, I will try to cut down on my weigh-ins.
  • perdie7
    perdie7 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    My workouts usually burn 800+ calories a day. I don't work out on Sundays so I only have 1200 calories to eat (as opposed to the 2000 when I work out). I know me, there is no way i can do that. So on Sunday I don't worry so much about what I eat. This does not mean i binge, I eat some things I don't normally eat (like the coffee cake at church).

I also don't deny myself the rest of the week either, tonight I have a meeting at a pizza buffet, I have planned for it, ate lower calorie all day, and know exactly what I'm eating tonight.

This is why I think It's working for me now, when dieting has never worked in the past..
  • decemberjewel
    Options
    Normally Thursdays since I work up 11 hours and my energy drinks are just 600 calories for 3. I went over today so I'm going to have burn it off more tonight and just make this coming Thursday a normal day! :ohwell:
  • Savyna
    Savyna Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    I don't call it a cheat day, just a day that I try to spike upwards in calories in a range I normally don't hit. For example, I usually eat about 1200-1300 calories on the spike day I eat about 1400-1500. Its nothing too extravagant, maybe I'll have an extra helping of what I ate for dinner, or have a fun dessert (like one of those little cups of pudding). That's about it. I don't usually go out of my way to have mega heavy greasy foods, sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn't. Like this past week on my day (which is Wednesday) I had some nuggets from Burger King with BBQ sauce. =3.
  • gdc1979
    Options
    I don't use a cheat day. (Although if I felt like I was on a diet I would, probably!)
    I eat pretty much what I want to. I just try to manage my portion control and I work it into my daily calorie limit. I know that if I have a big evening meal, then the next day I am always about 1/2 lb heavier. but this tends to be temporary. so i just dont weigh myself the next day. This works for me!
  • Loves418
    Loves418 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Sorry to the men out there..but once a month right before Auntie Flo I have to have my cheeseburger and fries. That is my big one. I can't help it I crave it and usually its the day right before and I am totally exhausted. That is my big iron boost for the upcoming dreaded week..lol.

I am not a sweets person. I have been soda free for 35 days now and I don't even miss it. I have been orange juice free for 35 days I took a little the other day and spit it out couldn't even drink it. It is so true your body gets used to being without you just lose the taste for it!