what day is your fat-urday

Options
1235»

Replies

• Savyna
    Savyna Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    I don't do cheat days and I think it is a bad idea. I've been eating well everyday for 4 weeks now (finally) and after the 2 weeks I finally got my cravings for sugar under control. Now I can see cookies, chips and I honestly don't want them. If I eat a cookie once a week I will still get cravings for them - so what is the point. It just makes it that much harder for me during the week.

But the way I see it, with these "cheat days" aka spiking your caloric intake, you don't have to do it with cookies or chips, more like just having a little more calories than you might have on other days, this can also be done with fruits, vegetables, etc. Calling it a cheat day gives it the connotation that they're saying go eat something mega dense with sugar, syrups, cheese, or whatever, but I don't think of it that way, so I don't call it cheat days. I just call them spike days and I usually just have an extra serving of some type of veggie, or something I had at dinner, etc.
  • denise_earheart
    Options
    I have two... one to spend with my guy and one to get my drink on with the girls...
  • ksloop00
    ksloop00 Posts: 144
    Options
    I actually have cheat weekends. On Saturdays I don't really eat more than the week, but I don't worry about my calorie intake. On Sundays my family and I always go out to eat after church. I still lose anywhere from 1-3lbs. a week:) I love weekends because I allow myself chocolate, haha!
  • GlassslippersAndFairyDust
    Options
    I have Chocolate Friday every Friday and have since I started my journey 12/13/10, with much success I might add. :flowerforyou:
  • brutusman
    brutusman Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Like a lot of folks already mentioned, I try to plan it into my day. Heading to a basketball game this evening, so I already included a snack bar run into my calories for the day. Also added in another short cardio session for insurance.

Everyone is different, so give it a try and see what works for you.
  • christina0089
    christina0089 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I do take one treat day a week, try to time it so it's 5-7 days from my last one, and it usually depends on activities we have going on like birthday parties, date night, Super Bowl, etc. I usually don't track and eat what I want in moderation.

This is the same for me but if I am not in the mood for a cheat day I don't take one, And I still do track/log what I eat 1. It keeps me accountable and aware of what I am putting into my body and 2. because "cheat" day for me means I can have WHAT I want but not necessarily HOW MUCH I want. I still try to stay within my goals atleast caloric wise but I do enjoy my treats and I still try and get my excercise in reguardless.
  • rklein88
    rklein88 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I eat at maintenance or dont log 1 day each weekend. This allows me to eat more than normal, especially if I work out. I know these days wont make me gain (since i still stay at maintenance) so i never feel guilty if i have a "bad" day.
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Every now and then (usually once a month or so) I find myself kicking back a bit with my boyfriend having more drinks than usual and a few extra snacks :) Tonight I went over by 600 :)