What do you eat for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• Molly182
    Molly182 Posts: 406
    Options
    I have tried giving up cereal, but I can't! I think I may be addicted. I look for a high fiber, low sugar cereal with some skim milk. yumm
  • nicintime
    nicintime Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Half cup of oatmeal, 1tsp of sugar, 165 calories. Filling, satisfying decently good for you and takes me to my kid morning snack. Trying to eat 5-6 times per day.
  • caseye98
    caseye98 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    i like the protein in the mornings....i eat 1/2 cup liquid eggs with green pepper, roma tomato and yellow onion mixed in. with 2 glasses of water and i am FULL. :)
  • tjalred
    tjalred Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I typically have Shakeology for breakfast.
  • DonnaRe2012
    DonnaRe2012 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Green Tea
    Scrambled eggs with bacon bits
    Whole grain toast
    handful of vitamins/supp
    3 glasses water
  • ProjectTina
    Options
    I eat what most Norwegians do: 2 slices of brown wheat bread with any 2 of the following on top: slice of jarlsberg, slice of turkey/ham, cream cheese, or paté. Might also add slices of cucumber, peppers or pickles. 2 dl glass of skim milk.
  • Westerngal88
    Options
    I have a thomas' thin sliced whole wheat bagel, with some ham and cheese on it, less than 300 calories and it stays with you for a while!!
  • trainlikekatniss
    Options
    I eat a sandwich. Two slices whole wheat toast, 1 tbsp ketchup, 1 slice light cheese.
    That's 229 kcal.
    Sometimes I drink 250 ml of vanilla flavored soy milk additionally. Altogether it's 384 kcal :)
  • hofosho1020
    Options
    I usually make a smoothie of some sort. My current two faves are just over 300 cal.

Banana Oatmeal
    1 banana
    1/4 c oats
    1tbsp low fat pb
    1/2c fat free vanilla greek yogurt
    1 c light vanilla soy milk
    ice...and sometimes I throw a few frozen strawberries in there too
    OR
    Green Monster
    1 frozen banana
    1 tbsp PB
    1/2 C fat free vanilla greek yogurt
    1 C light vanilla soy milk
    2-4 cups spinach
    ice if you need it
  • bigtone34
    Options
    today i had a 3 egg white omlette, with a little ff cheese, jalepenos, and then an english muffin for 190 calories.
  • jvorrei
    Options
    Smoothies!

Half a chobani nonfat plain yogurt, fruit (currently doing one small banana, four strawberries, a small handful of raspberries, two peach slices), a handful of spinach, and water. Tasty, packed with lots of healthy stuff, and 300ish calories.
  • pucenavel
    pucenavel Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    Normally a Chobani and a Bing Energy Drink (and only 40 cals for that delicious cherry nectar!!)

Today is the weird day: small bowl of Spicy Korean Soup, 1/2 a cup of rice and a pile of Kim Chee - 250 or so.
  • gerirojas
    gerirojas Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    2 servings of egg beaters - 60 calories, a serving of frozen spinach - 30 calories, a flat out - 100 calories, Tbs salsa 10 calories there you have a great wrap for breakfast - 200 calories
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Mix 1/2 cup oatmeal, 1 cup water, 1/4 cup of any frozen or fresh fruit and microwave for 1 minute, 40 secs. It's awesome, fat free, fills you up and is low in calories! You could also make it with skim milk. If I want even fewer calories I'll use 1/3 cup oatmeal, 2/3 cup water, 1/4 to 1/3 cup fruit. I absolutely love it with strawberries.

or
    I'll have a microwave scrambled egg on 2 pieces of whole wheat toast. Fast and easy and only 150 cal for the toast (sara lee soft whole wheat) and 70 for the egg. It is also very filling.
  • orangegreenangel
    Options
    Skip breakfast and eat at 2pm! Sleep in its better for you!

Can't do that I have school and work plus I help with different non profit groups
  • katieullmer
    Options
    i like to eat 3 egg whites scrambled add 2 tbs of red onions salt and pepper to taste. it fills me up and tastes good, and its under 100 calories
  • JanetteBurkes
    JanetteBurkes Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I read in an article to eat eggs for breakfast because they fill you up and last a lot longer than if you were to eat yogurt, a bagel or any other breakfast item. I have been doing it for 3 weeks, and I can definitely see the difference. I stay full until lunch, and I have a lot more energy throughout the morning. I used to get the "blahs" and start snacking around 10:30 when I only ate yogurt for breakfast. I tried boiled eggs, and they were ok for a couple of days, but then I found a recipe for microwave scrambled eggs and they are great. I spray a coffee cup or soup bowl with cooking spray, scramble two eggs with a pinch of salt and pepper and scramble. Cook for 45 second, scramble again, cook for another 45 seconds and repeat until you they are done. You can sprinkle some cheese over it or add jalapenos to make it a semi-omelet.
  • Alicia_Monique
    Alicia_Monique Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Well for breakfast today I had 3/4 cup of peanut butter puffins with a 1/2 cup of light vanilla soy milk and a sprinkle of cinnamon on top, half of a grapefruit, and a boiled egg white! It's about 210 calories and totally filling!
  • happygirl338
    Options
    I have an Atkins advantage dark chocolate royals shake. It's so good and at 160 calories it fill me up until lunch.

Another option is 1/2 cup Quaker oats (150 calories), no sugar added hot chocolate mix (50 calories), and 1TBS peanut butter (90). Mix it in a bowl super good with 1-2 TBS of water and it it straight like that. It sounds weird but it is amazing! Tastes just like chocolate candy for me haha. And at 290 calories it has protein and fiber to fill you up for hours :).
  • paladeac
    paladeac Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Two eggs scrambled and real oatmeal, usually with dried blueberries or cherries.

I eat slightly less than this because I get full and my dogs get the rest :-)