looked at the scale and cried

Options

Replies

• DiannaMoorer
    DiannaMoorer Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    This is the best site ever for weight loss. Keep your chin up. There are sooooo many wonderful success stories here. And if you ever have questions or just need to vent you can post it and get a world of responses. Feel free to add me.
  • cnicolemoh
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Just move forward. 11 months ago, I stepped on a scale and it read 226.8! I'm only 5'2. It is depressing, but it is our choices that put us in these situations. I realized it was time to either get busy living, or get bust dying. If you look for an excuse not to change, well that excuse will always be there. You have to find reasons to change. I started counting calories, and moving... Not any crazy exercise, just walking, and moving more around the house, I don't sit and watch tv, now I do cardio while watching tv. Dancing, jogging in place, jumping jacks, whatever, it doesn't matter what you look like you're at home. In 11 months, I have lost right at 51 pounds. You can change your life, for yourself and for your family. Take it one day at a time, and you will get there. Look forward not backward, you can't change the past, but you can change the furture and improve the now. You CAN do this!
  • seehawkmomma
    Options
    At that weight I'd suggest seeing a doctor about the best way to losing weight. You may need to do more than count calories.

I hope that you find yourself successful.
  • BuddhaBelly79
    Options
    Welcome to this WONDERFUL family! MFP has been my saving grace for the last (almost) 3 weeks now. I too cried when I stepped on the scale - I am 5' 6", 32 years old and weighed in at 250 lbs. I know it's completely unbelievable, but as a teen all the way up into my late 20's I dealt with anorexia/bulimia (off & on...more ON than off.) Incredibly, it led me to only gaining weight...as after I stopped cold turkey, my body just gained and gained...quicker than it had ever even lost! So it has led me here...to this remarkable, supportive family - keeping me motivated, strong, and keeping me from resorting to anything "stupid" again. It has helped me so much, and I am sure you will find the same thing out if you stick it out and log in with us every day! Every woman has their good days, their bad days, their happy and sad days.....But that is why we are here amongst friends...When I have a bad day, I'm not afraid to post a status message that says "I am having one suck a** day." LOL! Please add me to your friends list - I'm here every day at least 3 times a day (I'm a complete MFP junkie)....and I will ALWAYS be your pal....I don't care how happy, mad or sad you are....Because I believe in you. :flowerforyou:
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Welcome you have made the first step. This is hard and we are all here for the same reason. You will have your good and bad days your ups and downs, but so does everyone else. My advice is to surround yourself with a network of friends to learn from and to ask advice it will get easier just one day at a time.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    you've admitted you have a problem, and you are here to make a change. thats more then a lot of other people in the similar situations have done today. take it slow, one day at a time. good luck to you, you'll be great.
  • Julie2402
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend, i have an autistic daughter so i know how stressful things can be at times! You have joined a great site with plenty of people who will support you. Take one day at a time, set yourself small achievable goals and i am sure you will start seeing the lb's drop off. Good luck and take care. x
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! It is hard to realize how much our choices have hurt us. Don't get too down on yourself though - today you have an opportunity to make changes. Start small, don't expect to change everything all at once. Pick small, gradual changes that you can maintain.

It can be easy to convince yourself that other things are more important than eating right and exercising. With your family situation it sounds like you have your hands SUPER full. But, keep in mind that if you don't start taking care of yourself, you might not be around to take care of anyone else. Not a pleasant thought, but it is reality. So take the time for yourself to do what you need to do to start living a healthier life!
  • DDsMrs
    DDsMrs Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Just move forward. 11 months ago, I stepped on a scale and it read 226.8! I'm only 5'2. It is depressing, but it is our choices that put us in these situations. I realized it was time to either get busy living, or get bust dying. If you look for an excuse not to change, well that excuse will always be there. You have to find reasons to change. I started counting calories, and moving... Not any crazy exercise, just walking, and moving more around the house, I don't sit and watch tv, now I do cardio while watching tv. Dancing, jogging in place, jumping jacks, whatever, it doesn't matter what you look like you're at home. In 11 months, I have lost right at 51 pounds. You can change your life, for yourself and for your family. Take it one day at a time, and you will get there. Look forward not backward, you can't change the past, but you can change the furture and improve the now. You CAN do this!

Welcome!! There are alot of great posts on here, but, this one hit home for me. All I can say is that you are not alone. You've taken the first step and now your journey begins. MFP is here to help you. YOU CAN DO THIS!!
  • CarolynB38
    CarolynB38 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    You've done a great thing confronting the issue. Remember that as you lose the weight every single pound counts - it is another pound you have said goodbye to. Good luck on your weight loss. I'm sure you'll do great. :flowerforyou:
  • GearJammer
    GearJammer Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Take it 1 day at a time and before you know it the pounds will melt off.
    :blushing:
  • joanneonline
    Options
    I was once where you are mamafirebear - over 300 lbs with young kids and so scared and miserable. It is wonderful that you've taken this step in joining this site and being brave enough to reach out for support - GO YOU! As others have said, take it one day at a time, one success at a time, and this time next year - you will be feeling so much better!

You CAN do this. Feel free to add me as a friend too.
  • KandieLantz
    KandieLantz Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! You've taken the hardest step by choosing to make a change and you've come to the right place to do it! It is scary.... and daunting when you start... but if you just concentrate on logging every single day.. good or bad... and make some supportive friends here... you'll be rolling right along in no time! You CAN do this! :flowerforyou:
  • BellydanceBliss
    Options
    You are among friends. We are here to support you. No looking back just forward. Anyway any of us can help let us know. I have taken up belly dancing lol I am a total advocate and burn just as many calories if not more doing that than others...
  • Crazyjoe11
    Options
    Look to the future and take one step at a time.... you will start losing weight in no time and will get fitter and fitter each day. And don't cry, just switch on the radio, keep moving as much as you can and keep your spirits up. Feel free to add me if you like :-)
  • rayleansout
    Options
    One day at a time, do what you can do and love yourself, forgive yourself, trust in yourself, and get pissed off!!!!

Wage total nuceur thermal war on fat!! Take all your frustrations out on Fat, not on yourself - Bodyfat -kick its a_ _!!
  • DirtyHippieFeet
    Options
    Welcome! The first step is the biggest and hardest to take, so props. <3

Set yourself small, attainable goals, and celebrate them. One step at a time is the only way to get anywhere. I believe in you!!!
  • tamnih20
    tamnih20 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    one day at a time!!!! you will find lots of support on here!
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    i hope you stick around, because if this guy can do it, so can you

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/478430-omg-i-did-it-32-months-301-lbs-lost-pics
  • lisaslim1976
    Options
    Ok hun...you might not like what i have to say but i am english and thats just how we are.....you ate the food that made you weigh what you do so dont blame anyone else....just live and learn...caloreis in V calories out.... good luck