What have you done for love?

Options

Replies

• XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Lots of people moving away for love. That's a major thing and you'd have to be very in love! X
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Was pregnant 4 times (added that up- nearly 160 weeks of being pregnant) Got up in the middle of the night, combed hair, fed, transported, helped with homework, attended plays; concerts; parent teacher conferences, cried, laughed, drove nearly 40hrs with my first 3 to help them get their driving hours in, sent them to college, attended graduations, etc, etc etc. for nearly 23 years now.

:heart: And as hard as it was and sometimes still is I wouldn't change a thing. My girls are my life and I love them dearly!!:heart:

IMG_9522Picnik.jpg
    Aw that's lovely x
  • Cindy311
    Cindy311 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    My now husband asked me to go to a local festival, unfortunately I had to work. So instead of asking for the day off or calling in sick I quit. I lost a job and gained a soul mate, not too bad of a trade off :)
  • Lusadi
    Lusadi Posts: 79
    Options
    Was pregnant 4 times (added that up- nearly 160 weeks of being pregnant) Got up in the middle of the night, combed hair, fed, transported, helped with homework, attended plays; concerts; parent teacher conferences, cried, laughed, drove nearly 40hrs with my first 3 to help them get their driving hours in, sent them to college, attended graduations, etc, etc etc. for nearly 23 years now.

:heart: And as hard as it was and sometimes still is I wouldn't change a thing. My girls are my life and I love them dearly!!:heart:

IMG_9522Picnik.jpg

I agree 100%! Don't forget all the poop and vomit we've had to clean up along the way too. That's true love if I ever saw it. :)
  • andreacord
    Options
    Stupidest thing: With-held on the opportunity of a lifetime for a summer internship in the USA for my ex boyfriend .. who ended up moving that summer to live with his Dad anyway.
  • ImKindOfABigDeal40
    ImKindOfABigDeal40 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I would do anything. But I won't do that.
    A nice way to slip in a Meat Loaf song... :tongue:
    You just had to say Meatloaf. Now I'm hungry. Thanks alot!
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    I would do anything for my fiance if he needed it..
    But if he was to cheat on me that would be it.
    I mean i would die for him, i would cut off body parts for him, id light myself on fire for him..
    But if he ever crossed me, i would just leave him, and the break into the girls house during the night, tie her to a chair, and slowly cut things off until i felt i had gotten my revenge..
    Yes slightly morbid lol.. not sure why i added the last part in. =/
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Moved to China... It didn't work out.
  • CinJay
    CinJay Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Met a nice guy (through a relative) who lived in another province, dated long distance for a year. One day he talked to me about moving to be with him... so I left my friends and family in Edmonton, a very good Government job and a sweet little condo that was all my own (no sharing the remote control! hehe) to be with him. Got married 8 months later and we've never been happier :-) That was nearly 5 years ago... I'm a Military Wife now, we move around a lot, but he was so worth the giant leap of faith! If it feels right, do it! :heart:
  • musicgirl88
    musicgirl88 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Overlooked cheating...put up with physical and emotional abuse...blamed myself...told myself it was my fault he hit and yelled at me....finally came to my senses and left him....have actually seen him a couple times since that...and both times he saw me he grabbed me hard enough to bruise me...and once followed me into a bathroom and pushed me so hard into a sink it bruised my hip....but I was always too afraid to press charges...I never told anyone...the only person that ever knew was my best friend and only because he saw the bruises...

Now, I'm happy that I'm away from him, but unhappy with still being single LOL so looking for a good country man who knows how to treat a woman right!
  • kwest_4_fitness
    kwest_4_fitness Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    you was man enough to do that, Id chicken out, you have nothing to be embarrassed about, Id be proud :-)

I have the voice of a cat on fire (not actually heard a cat on fire just imagination lol) this girl I was close with, she knew I had feelings for her and she did me, so at an engagement party I got up on stage infront of hundereds of strangers and sang Johnny Cash's ring of fire to her and kept my eyes on her most the song, for once in my life it went my way for a while :-) we never became a couple, she was the one who got away and Im pleased to say Ive found her again and taking her out this very weekend upcoming :D no songs will be sung lol . . . we always jokes that she is my june :)

Awww, that is too sweet! :bigsmile:
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    Pretty much everything I do, and have done, is for love. Sappy as it sounds, i have my soul mate. I think both of our life's work is to complete the other, ensuring each other's happiness. I am told often that a relationship like ours is rare and precious. I believe it.
  • ElleOQuent
    ElleOQuent Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I believed in it.
  • MomsTooBig
    MomsTooBig Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Since Valentine's Day is coming soon, what's the craziest, stupidest,smartest or most romantic thing you've ever done for love?

I let him go.

Yep, ditto....

I didn't marry him to see him miserable and unhappy, so I let him go.
    The part that hurts is instead of doing better, he's done much worse (a few times worse).

Tracy

13680624.png
  • just4peachy
    just4peachy Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Everything.

I uprooted my child, quit a job I adored and moved to a much larger city in another part of the state to support a guy while he tried to finish college. Shortly after he left too. Right now I'm a single parent with a job I hate waiting for the most amazing man I've ever known to come home from fighting a war. And I don't regret a damn thing.

Would I have moved if I had known he would be deployed? Absolutely. I know it's comforting for him to know I'm here taking taking care of everything and waiting for him (and my child has adjusted well!).

Plus, he loves me as much as I love him. That would have been enough reason to do everything I've done for him.
  • smileybooliz
    smileybooliz Posts: 193 Member
    Options

IMG_9522Picnik.jpg

I agree 100%! Don't forget all the poop and vomit we've had to clean up along the way too. That's true love if I ever saw it. :)

Amen on all the poop and vomit :wink: Among other things :happy: :happy:
  • spiritcrusher
    spiritcrusher Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Anything for love...

But I won't do that.
  • _jw_
    _jw_ Posts: 6
    Options
    I said goodbye to the love of my life tonight so that they could find happiness with someone else.
    My heart is broken.
    If they loved me as much as I loved them we'd be together.

If you love someone set them free, if they come back to you it was meant to be, if not they were never yours.
  • knurse1987
    knurse1987 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Forgave the lies and learned to trust again...best decision I ever made...Lord willing getting married in December!
  • princessmedic
    Options
    I waited 6 years while he was in prison :-( and forgave a LOT-including cheating-I lost my best friend, and am yet again waiting since he's back in prison on a violation. Stupid love.