Subway

Options
February is $5.00 for Any footlong! How many of you eat a footlong sub at one sitting? I have when I am starving and have alot of calories to spend..it TOTALLY fills me up and for around 600 calories. Just wondering how many of you do that too?

Replies

• cadams0715
    Options
    Subway has really helped me stay on my diet, especially when I'm on the run and need to get "fast food" I get a foot long and eat 6 inches right away and try to wait for 3 hours before eating the rest.
  • yentess
    yentess Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I totally can eat a foot long in one sitting. But I am working on my protion control and find that I am completely satisfied with a 6" sub and I will share the other half with one of my kids. I try to not eat their too often because the sodium is crazy!
  • insatiable_need
    insatiable_need Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I'll eat a whole turkey or veggie foot long if I'm really, really starving. But normally I'll order it scooped and toasted then only eat half (saving the other half for dinner or splitting it with my husband).
  • tashajayne2011
    Options
    $5 wow!! Its £5 in the uk for selected footlongs, so thats nearly $8!!
  • tashajayne2011
    Options
    I used to have bbq rib or meatball 6" but since trying to be healthier I go for turkey and/or ham and fill it with as much salad as I can possibly fit and then split a footlong with my Mum who is also trying to be healthier :)
  • denise_earheart
    Options
    after a hard work out I could easily eat a footlong
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    i can! i usually get a veggie delite. however since i'm carb limited, i avoid subway now haha. i had it today for the first time in months!
  • iuew
    iuew Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    February is $5.00 for Any footlong! How many of you eat a footlong sub at one sitting? I have when I am starving and have alot of calories to spend..it TOTALLY fills me up and for around 600 calories. Just wondering how many of you do that too?

i get the six inch or flatbread and chips pretty much every time. i eat there a lot.
  • MizzDoc
    MizzDoc Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    The sodium is OUTRAGEOUS.

I just added to my food diary a 6-inch Roast Beef w/ Provolone on Wheat (with selected veggies) and my sodium was 950 mg.

But anyway, to answer the OP question. YES, I have consumed an entire foot-long during a meal. I had no cheese, no chips, and just a Coke Zero with it. I was starved that day and it had been several hours between breakfast and lunch. I started to munch on the sandwich and when I looked up it was all gone! :bigsmile:
  • issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Never had a foot long, but I love their egg sandwiches on flatbread with avacado added--yumm!
  • PhatAndy
    PhatAndy Posts: 285
    Options
    $5 wow!! Its £5 in the uk for selected footlongs, so thats nearly $8!!

In canada its always 5$ footlong, not just februrary, and it is select, the ones nobody ever buys, veggie, pizza, ham etc.
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    I get a footlong, put all the stuff on one half so I save calories on bread - I LOVE subway
  • ash190489
    ash190489 Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I am loving Subway as a fast food alternative! I love that it tells us how many kilojoules are in each sub, however, it is interesting to know that those calculations DON'T include cheese or any condiments (sauces, etc.). I always order the ham sub with no cheese and only a tiny bit of BBQ sauce. Sometimes I will add half a scoop of avocado (YUM!). I get heaps of salad & the 6 inch happily fills me up!

Thank you Subway for helping me to stay on track! :smile:
  • lilchicksta94
    lilchicksta94 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I get footlong veggie subs alll the time and they're delicious!! With swiss cheese on italian bread with sweet onion sauce it's roughly 700 cals. Their website is awesome too because you can build your sub and it'll tell you how many calories it is :-)
  • Hairhacker
    Hairhacker Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    i can! i usually get a veggie delite. however since i'm carb limited, i avoid subway now haha. i had it today for the first time in months!

They have good salads too! I know it's not always the best choice but for fast food it's a pretty good choice!

Whenever I eat the whole footlong I am soooo stuffed and think why did I do that?? lol I try not to but sometimes it just can't be helped :smile:
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    I stick to the six inch, but double the meat and load up on veggies. And no sauce. I don't need the extra bread, even if it is cheaper.
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options

I very rarely eat at Subway because of this. I can easily down a foot-long, though, but I'd rather make it myself with fresher ingredients to avoid all that sodium.
  • muwchck
    muwchck Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I totally can eat a foot long all at once. I've even had Subway 2 days this week. I did eat the entire foot long, just not all at once. I paired half the sub with a home made salad and some fruit. The sodium in there kills my day, but it's so good,and convenient since there's one right at the bottom of the hill from my apartment.
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options

I just added to my food diary a 6-inch Roast Beef w/ Provolone on Wheat (with selected veggies) and my sodium was 950 mg.

But anyway, to answer the OP question. YES, I have consumed an entire foot-long during a meal. I had no cheese, no chips, and just a Coke Zero with it. I was starved that day and it had been several hours between breakfast and lunch. I started to munch on the sandwich and when I looked up it was all gone! :bigsmile:

I hate when that happens...you look up and poof.......gone! :)
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I stick to the six inch, but double the meat and load up on veggies. And no sauce. I don't need the extra bread, even if it is cheaper.

You could buy the foot long, and take the meat/veggies out and toss the bread