Weight Loss Tips THAT WORK

Options

Replies

• ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    yogurt parfaits ........ starting and scratch making the yogurt takes only a few minutes of hands on time). But making my own yogurt makes it much healthier, and so much better, and I can control the kind of sweetner that goes in it, etc.
    Sorry to side track but can you tell us how you make your own yoghurt, and the yoghurt parfaits?

Also I agree with MinaAriel - some good basic stuff to work on there. :smile:
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Eat at a small calorie deficit. 200-500 calories.

Lift weights.
  • gleechick609
    Options
    These are the weight-loss tips that I'm doing and it's working miracles in my life (everyone is different and like life, one size does NOT and WILL fit all...so:

The Mental

Change my attitude about myself and life (people and situations) in general

1.) No one owes me nothing in this life and I don't owe anyone anything but to love them

2.) My weight and appearance (inside and out) is my choice-- No longer blaming or accusing or excuses my faults and failures on anyone other than myself--owning them (no matter how much it hurts or I can't see or understand the who's what's why's and how's of and when things don't go my way or "life" happens and it's out of my control--accepting that and moving ON) and doing the hard work that it's going to take to release and eliminate the negatives and accentuate the positives in my life--starting with my head (mind) my body (obvious) and heart and soul.

3.) No longer following the crowd, in looking for acceptance, approval (be it my new lifestyle and way of living) but being bold enough to stand alone if i have to and again to blaze my own trail from here on out, in love though. Honestly believing that I'm not any better than anyone else (but no worse either). No longer judging anyone but myself. Being a selfless person more instead of a spoiled, lazy, gluttonous selfish person. Those are HUGE steps for me in my weight-tips FOR MYSELF firstly and if these works for others, cool...if not--move along, nothing here to see :)

The Physical

Saying NO to the foods and things that have kept me in the grips of OBESITY and all the yuck that follows (inside and out)

NO to junk foods
    NO to coffee
    NO to sweets
    NO to artificial and chemical filled foods as much as earthly possible
    NO to Fatty empty calories food and drinks
    NO to soda and sugarly chemical drinks
    NO to dairy (as much as possible)
    NO to beef, pork and very little if any chicken and limited organic eggs
    NO to alcohol
    NO to eating out often
    NO to fatty desserts and things (no matter how "clean")
    NO to driving everywhere--instead walk or ride my bike more
    NO to daily listening and watching negative news and shows that beat down my spirit
    NO to staying up late and no getting enough sleep
    NO to selfishness with my time, attention and affections and YES to being a good mom, wife, friend and neighbor
    NO to listening to gossip and seeking out gossip and being a gossip myself

YES to organic fruits of all kinds
    YES to organic veggies of all kinds
    YES to exercise everyday...but nothing crazy
    YES to fresh air and sunshine every day walking some
    YES to preparing wholesome homemadfe yummy food
    YES to listening to classical music often
    YES to reading and watching uplifting things
    YES to loving myself and my family and friends more
    YES to sleeping at least 8 hours per day

YES to life, love, health and happiness! Yes!!!!!!!!!

Since I've been living like this, just this past month...I've lost 14 pounds, my bodyfat% has decreased more than 10+ percent, I feel less stress and more energy.

Some no long will say... Poo on you, that's depriving yourself--well my answer is, honey, I've been over indulging in JUNK (physically, mentally and every other way) for too many years (okay, most of my long life) and if this doesn't sit well with you...it's okay...it's working for me and I'm working it! This is a NEW way of life for me and I LOVE IT!

hat.bmp

LMFAO
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options

NO to coffee
    NO to alcohol

touch my coffee, yogurt, bacon, and beer and I will stab you with my fork.

and no to eggs and CHICKEN?!?!? Are you SERIOUS?
  • Divagettinfitin2011
    Options
    Bump
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options

NO to coffee
    NO to alcohol

Vegan propaganda response in
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    NO to junk foods
    NO to coffee
    NO to sweets
    NO to alcohol
    NO to eating out often

23301_133560443326114_1877_n.jpg
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options

NO to coffee
    NO to alcohol

:laugh: Yep, serious as a heart attack (as they used to say). This is what I'm doing and will do forever more--I was a coffee FIEND for more than 20 years straight, drinking at LEAST 4 or more cups per day--loaded with yummy chemical flavored coffee creams and other "seemingly" yummy things in them to make them sweet and "good", EVERYDAY and even a couple more EVERY night for the past 20 years and when I had to go to the doctor last month for some weird skin rashes and they couldn't determine what it was, I KNEW what it was..if was my lifestyle and more importantly...not just what was "eating me" but what I was eating. When I got that doctor's report and saw OBESE listed in the diagnosis--WOW, something "snapped" in me and from that day forth last month, I just said "fork it" (using your term loosely :laugh: ) and stopped EVERYTHING I listed above and started all of the YES things. Also STOPPED ALL of these things COLD TURKEY after being lifelong lovers of these things. NO withdrawals nor any kind of pain or anything. I so GLAD to tell ya!

I did have some chinese the other day and the Thai Chicken fried rice had chicken in it, and I picked every little piece out and it was still fabulous. I had it for left-overs too. I usually would NEVER have left-over chinese, but these are the fabulous changes going on.

Not only will I not touch your beloved coffee, eggs and chicken...no ma'am, I would NOT dream of it, as a matter of fact, I'll raise a toast of my spinach, kale, collard, dandelion greens, red bell peppers, carrots, lemons, celery, beet, ginger, green apples and hot peppers to you to toast your meal and will be thrilled for you as you eat it and wish you nothing but love and joy to boot.

This is what I'm doing, and wanted to share, because I'm super excited with the results I'm seeing in me (mentally, physically and maybe not financially--because eating this way is expensive--but when I consider the potential post of by-pass surgery and the drugs and doctors visits if I CHOOSE to continue on the path of eating all the things I love and are slowly killing me--well, it's a price I'm GLAD to pay.

Also, lastly...not only has my bodyfat% gone down actually MORE than 10%...but I've now got muscles in my arms and legs that I've NEVER seen before, even when I was young and stick skinny.

So, go head and enjoy...I'll not judge you and say bona-petit and cheers to you and wish you nothing but success and a fun ride, I know you'll make it and I know I will too!
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    NO to junk foods
    NO to coffee
    NO to sweets
    NO to alcohol
    NO to eating out often
    NO to daily listening and watching negative news and shows that beat down my spirit
    NO to selfishness with my time, attention and affections and YES to being a good mom, wife, friend and neighbor

I do all these things, and I've lost 63 pounds.
  • WheyStrong
    WheyStrong Posts: 71 Member
    Options

NO to coffee
    NO to sweets
    NO to eating out often

Not sure if srs
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options

NO to coffee
    NO to alcohol

:laugh: Yep, serious as a heart attack (as they used to say). This is what I'm doing and will do forever more--I was a coffee FIEND for more than 20 years straight, drinking at LEAST 4 or more cups per day--loaded with yummy chemical flavored coffee creams and other "seemingly" yummy things in them to make them sweet and "good", EVERYDAY and even a couple more EVERY night for the past 20 years and when I had to go to the doctor last month for some weird skin rashes and they couldn't determine what it was, I KNEW what it was..if was my lifestyle and more importantly...not just what was "eating me" but what I was eating. When I got that doctor's report and saw OBESE listed in the diagnosis--WOW, something "snapped" in me and from that day forth last month, I just said "fork it" (using your term loosely :laugh: ) and stopped EVERYTHING I listed above and started all of the YES things.

I did have some chinese the other day and the Thai Chicken fried rice had chicken in it, and I picked every little piece out and it was still fabulous. I had it for left-overs too. I usually would NEVER have left-over chinese, but these are the fabulous changes going on.

Not only will I not touch your beloved coffee, eggs and chicken...no ma'am, I would dream of it, as a matter of fact, I'll raise a toast of my spinach, kale, collard, dandelion greens, red bell peppers, carrots, lemons, celery, beet, ginger, green apples and hot peppers to you to toast your meal and will be thrilled for you as you eat it and wish you nothing but love and joy to boot.

This is what I'm doing, and wanted to share, because I'm super excited with the results I'm seeing in me (mentally, physically and maybe not financially--because eating this way is expensive--but when I consider the potential post of by-pass surgery and the drugs and doctors visits if I CHOOSE to continue on the path of eating all the things I love and are slowly killing me--well, it's a price I'm GLAD to pay.

Also, lastly...not only has my bodyfat% gone down actually MORE than 10%...but I've now got muscles in my arms and legs that I've NEVER seen before, even when I was young and stick skinny.

So, go head and enjoy...I'll not judge you and say bona-petit and cheers to you and wish you nothing but success and a fun ride, I know you'll make it and I know I will too!

First:
    I have no where to "make it" to. I am where I want to be in every aspect of my life...

But second:
    My main point there was that although most of your "no"'s were indeed "unhealthy" things and good to limit....there is no reason to have a NO for the rest of your life, once you are "in the groove" you can have "splurges" within reason if you can control yourself and stop....

And about the chicken...there is NOTHING unhealthy at ALL about chicken. Bodybuilders can eat like a whole freaking chicken every day!
    So if it is about the "animals" or some "vegan" thing then, fine, no chicken....to each his own, have it your way!...but if it is about health and food quality, then EAT THE CHICKEN! It's one of the best lean sources of protein you can put in your mouth.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options

NO to coffee
    NO to alcohol

:laugh: Yep, serious as a heart attack (as they used to say). This is what I'm doing and will do forever more--I was a coffee FIEND for more than 20 years straight, drinking at LEAST 4 or more cups per day--loaded with yummy chemical flavored coffee creams and other "seemingly" yummy things in them to make them sweet and "good", EVERYDAY and even a couple more EVERY night for the past 20 years and when I had to go to the doctor last month for some weird skin rashes and they couldn't determine what it was, I KNEW what it was..if was my lifestyle and more importantly...not just what was "eating me" but what I was eating. When I got that doctor's report and saw OBESE listed in the diagnosis--WOW, something "snapped" in me and from that day forth last month, I just said "fork it" (using your term loosely :laugh: ) and stopped EVERYTHING I listed above and started all of the YES things.

Not only will I not touch your beloved coffee, eggs and chicken...no ma'am, I would dream of it, as a matter of fact, I'll raise a toast of my spinach, kale, collard, dandelion greens, red bell peppers, carrots, lemons, celery, beet, ginger, green apples and hot peppers to you to toast your meal and will be thrilled for you as you eat it and wish you nothing but love and joy to boot.

First:
    I have no where to "make it" to. I am where I want to be in every aspect of my life...

But second:
    My main point there was that although most of your "no"'s were indeed "unhealthy" things and good to limit....there is no reason to have a NO for the rest of your life, once you are "in the groove" you can have "splurges" within reason if you can control yourself and stop....

And about the chicken...there is NOTHING unhealthy at ALL about chicken. Bodybuilders can eat like a whole freaking chicken every day!
    So if it is about the "animals" or some "vegan" thing then, fine, no chicken....to each his own, have it your way!...but if it is about health and food quality, then EAT THE CHICKEN! It's one of the best lean sources of protein you can put in your mouth.

I meant make it in your weight loss journey--that's all :smile: If you've already arrived there--CHEERS! and I mean it!!!
  • SixCatFaerie
    SixCatFaerie Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    I've got lots of tips.

1. Eat more whole foods, less processed.
    2. Drink water, a lot of water. All the time
    3. Eat regularly
    4. Carry a healthy snack at all times. You will need it at some point.
    5. Move more than you do now.
    6. Sleep, seriously. Go to bed a bit earlier, don't rely on snooze, make yourself comfortable. Unplug for the night!
    7. Track your food every day. Make it a habit, even if you go 1000 calories over, track.
    8. Make workout or activity plans with friends, even if those friends are online. Online challenges can be great motivators.
    9. Measure your food. Measure it every time until you are sure you can eyeball it. After a few weeks of eyeballing it, measure again. You will probably discover that your eyeball measurements are off the mark
    10. Make a plan. Decide you are going to workout and then schedule it into your day. Decide you are going to eat healthier, print off some healthier recipes, and then go to the grocery store and buy those healthy foods.
    11. Prep in advance. Boil eggs or broil chicken breasts several at a time. Cut fruit and veggies for quick snacks. Make your own single serving packs. Think about the next days meal the night before so you can defrost the meat or pick up any last minute ingreadients.

In addition to less calories in and move more.... Do this!!!

Yep, exactly this!
  • tsh0ck
    Options
    NO to junk foods
    NO to coffee
    NO to sweets
    NO to alcohol
    NO to eating out often

and haven't had to eat weeds for dinner!
    ;)
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    NO to junk foods
    NO to coffee
    NO to sweets
    NO to alcohol
    NO to eating out often

If this worked for you, great!

However, im not sure many people would see these as "tips". These are simply rules that for most people would make their weight loss HARDER to maintain. The key tip is to think whatever you change, are you happy with it? Could you do that for the rest of your life if need be? If yes, you're far, far less likely to fall off. Going from their old lifestyle to your one would put 99% of people off even trying if they thought that had to give up all that.

I still eat what ive always eaten, just now in moderation, hit my macros, and thats it. Easy. Job done.
  • Jorra
    Options

;)

I actually did have spinach for dinner. But I put chicken, bacon, swiss cheese, and blue cheese dressing on top. Still only 436 calories.

A real tip that works is allowing yourself to eat what you enjoy. Don't deny yourself something you love and don't force yourself to eat something you hate. Make it work.
  • tsh0ck
    Options

;)

I actually did have spinach for dinner. But I put chicken, bacon, swiss cheese, and blue cheese dressing on top. Still only 436 calories.

A real tip that works is allowing yourself to eat what you enjoy. Don't deny yourself something you love and don't force yourself to eat something you hate. Make it work.

exactly.

and I meant dandelions. those are weeds ... not food. spinach? yeah, that's a-ok.
  • Jorra
    Options
    exactly.

and I meant dandelions. those are weeds ... not food. spinach? yeah, that's a-ok.

Oh, I gotcha. I heard stories of my nana eating those as a kid. Because they were too poor to buy vegetables.
  • jrock317
    Options
    1. Drink more water than anything else
    2. Allow yourself to have a "splurge" day once a week
    3. Eat more protein and less sugar
    4. TRY not to obsess too much
    5. Don't be too hard on yourself if you slip
    6. LIsten to your body if it's telling you it needs rest or is craving something
    7. Celebrate your accomplishments but not with food
    8. Eat out as little as possible
    9. Eat only whole grains
    10. Plan most, if not all of your meals and snacks
    11. Keep a healthy snack on you (or in your car) at all times and never allow yourself to be "starving" (that's when we make really bad choices)
    12. If you don't feel like working out, make yourself walk for 15 mins and you will usually see you will add on more time
    13. Tell your closest family and friends about your decision to live a healthy life and ask for their support
    14. Make small goals for yourself (running for 30 secs straight or biking for 1 min on level 10). These are more feasable than "running a 10 min mile if you've just begun walking
    15. If the scale does not move for an unknown reason, celebrate in other accomplishments (you drank more water, you worked out more, you resisted sweets)
  • crimsoncat
    crimsoncat Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    If you can't decide what to eat, do the "is it worth it test". Stop and think about the item. Is it worth the trade off for what you could have instead? If yes, eat it. If no or unsure, have a glass of water and then decide.