My first run in snow - with pics

Options
mikeyrp
mikeyrp Posts: 1,616 Member
Beautiful day doing a 15K cross country at Irchester country park in the snow today... and my friend took some great pics

FBMe1.JPG

FBMe2.JPG

DSCF1919.JPG

DSCF1990.JPGDSCF1939.JPG

FB.JPG

FBMe6.JPG

Absolutely brilliant time :)

Replies

• kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Very cool! Congrats! It looks absolutely beautiful!

Question: How do you run in the snow? Wouldn't it clog up your shoes and be very slippery?
  • 2hungariangirls
    Options
    Wow! It is, not kidding, 70 right this minute in SC. I ran in shorts this morning. Good job, BTW! Looks like fun!
  • mikeyrp
    Options
    Actually, my regular XC shoes were fine - and they came back sparkly clean!!! Not too slippy at all.
  • cjack19
    cjack19 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    :happy: Congrats! that must have been great running in such a beautiful area with all that snow! Looks great!!
  • PeaceLoveVeggies
    PeaceLoveVeggies Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    This is so awesome! Great pics :) & GREAT job!
  • pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    What was the temp? You certainly don't look cold.
  • erxkeel
    erxkeel Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    dood ur epic!
  • kwest_4_fitness
    kwest_4_fitness Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    That is fabulous! Thanks for sharing the pics!!
  • Stormyyy
    Stormyyy Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Looks like u had a lot of fun, well done you!! :)
  • Elen_Sia
    Elen_Sia Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    dood ur epic!

^THIS!

Very beautiful pictures. :smile:
  • NewJay12
    NewJay12 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Dedicated! Great job.
  • sakamanojr
    sakamanojr Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    That looks like such an inspiring setting to run. How did your shoes hold up, did they get soaked ?

Your form looks awesome. Great to read that you enjoyed the race :)

Keep rocking it buddy !!!
  • kelley4123
    kelley4123 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    well done! keep it up!
  • jensmithdc
    Options
    Beautiful pics. Great job~
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    OMG I love it and you are so cute!!! congrats and you must feel amazing
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    Bravo! I would be a Popsicle on the side of the road lol. It looks like you had fun though!
  • HunterAJ
    Options
    I love those pics. They are absolutely beautiful!! And congrads. Did you place? (was it a contest)
  • mikeyrp
    Options
    Thanks for all the complements.

It was about -2 when we set off but wasn't all that cold by the end of the race, about 2 or 3 degrees above freezing.

I did the 15K event (there was a 5 10 or 15K course: 1, 2, or 3 laps respectively) in 1hr 7m 14 seconds, placing me 15th out of 54. Best time was 53:23 - Amazing!!! 2nd was 59:11 -- nearly 6 minutes slower!

Insistently, my first lap of 22:10 would have placed me... 4th of 38 in the 5K event - and I didn't pace for 5K!!! Mind you, the winner did it in 18 minutes something and I am nowhere near that - might have snatched 2nd at a push at 21:03.

10 K was more competitive though, with the top 4 coming in under 40 minutes.

Anyway - this is part of my long-game marathon training and I needed to keep the mileage up. It was a lovely run in some amazing countryside with great comradeship from the other members of my running club and a great atmosphere all round :)
  • mikeyrp
    Options
    By the way - this was the second of three events at Irchester - they occur every three weeks. Last time was actually colder but no snow - just hard ground because the earth was frozen. Last time Time: 01:07:23 - so I'm 9 seconds faster in tougher conditions :)
  • littlebuddy84
    littlebuddy84 Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    Great job the pictures are fab!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!