My first run in snow - with pics

Options

Replies

• hazedot
    hazedot Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Oh wow, you're not that far from me! I only live in Northampton! Great run and nice pictures. I think I could do with one of those 'buy me coffee please' signs, although I think I'd want it as a t-shirt :)
  • SerenityKorin
    SerenityKorin Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Oh wow. Goood job! That scenery looks beautiful. It's so warm here, I ran in a tanktop this morning in southern California!
  • mikeyrp
    mikeyrp Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    Oh wow, you're not that far from me! I only live in Northampton! Great run and nice pictures. I think I could do with one of those 'buy me coffee please' signs, although I think I'd want it as a t-shirt :)

Cool... You should run at the next one (justrunning.com wellingborough series).
  • davecreed
    davecreed Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    beautiful pictures...i love the snow.
  • tmfpartyof4
    tmfpartyof4 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    congrats! great job, and that is a beautiful place to run, but COOOOLD! I live in PA, and I am afraid to run in snow for fear of sliding.
  • hazedot
    hazedot Posts: 111 Member
    Options

Cool... You should run at the next one (justrunning.com wellingborough series).

Hahah, I can't run for toffee. I'd die! I've tried it and failed miserably!
  • Christinesyear
    Christinesyear Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    GREAT pix! Thanks for sharing! You remind me alot of my brother, who lost alot of weight, got really fit, into running and exercise and is doing great.Very inspirational :)
  • chelltune
    Options
    I'm close by too, in Corby. I've just started running recently.
  • GINAvsGINA
    GINAvsGINA Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!!! And great pics!
  • pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    Yay, temps I don't have to convert to Celcius. I like running between -5 and 5C, it is so nice. Our temp was up to about 5 for my run last Monday morning, and it was so great not to have to wear a face mask or any extra layers, just to go out and run and not worry about frosting my lungs.

Thanks for all the complements.

It was about -2 when we set off but wasn't all that cold by the end of the race, about 2 or 3 degrees above freezing.
  • mikeyrp
    Options
    Getting fit was much more fun than getting thin: different mindset.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Oh my god, I can't believe you even leave the house in that, let alone run.
    Although I think I'd rather run than stand still on the sidelines, I'd be demanding hard liquor, not just coffee!
    Can you tell that I'm a southern hemisphere girl? My Saturday run was in 31C summer weather, which is much more my style!
    Beautiful photos though, thanks for sharing.
  • SammyPacks
    SammyPacks Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Looked like an absolutely beautiful run, I hope to run in the snow one day, how was it? :)!

Congrats on completing your 15k!!!
  • amiles21693
    Options
    Looks like fun but cold! I wouldve stopped to throw snow balls (:
  • EmilyJ1979
    EmilyJ1979 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Looks fantastic :)
  • sallytx
    sallytx Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Great job!! but all I can think of is cold feet!!! Good for you......the pictures are beautiful!!! Congrats!
  • JadeRabbit08
    JadeRabbit08 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    dood ur epic!

^THIS!

Very beautiful pictures. :smile:

Yup ^ double this

I want that to be meeeeee! :)
  • mikeyrp
    Options
    Oh my god, I can't believe you even leave the house in that, let alone run.
    Although I think I'd rather run than stand still on the sidelines, I'd be demanding hard liquor, not just coffee!
    Can you tell that I'm a southern hemisphere girl? My Saturday run was in 31C summer weather, which is much more my style!
    Beautiful photos though, thanks for sharing.

I had two friends who were watching and they had a great time... It really wasn't all that cold (especially when you dress up right).

31C is much harder to run in.. you dehydrate so quickly and the heat is energy sapping! Of course, a happy medium of 15-20 in bright sunshine is nicest.
    Looks like fun but cold! I wouldve stopped to throw snow balls (:

...yeah - there was quite a lot of snowball throwing... mostly between the stewards and us poor runners getting caught in the cross fire :). Oh - and you did NOT want to be on the podium.....
  • Aperture_Science
    Aperture_Science Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Great post, great pictures. It looks like fun.
  • rajivdubey
    rajivdubey Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Great Cool pictures! Looks like you had fun!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!