5 Things never to eat

Options
Check out this article guys

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/02/five-foods-you-should-never-eat_n_1248197.html?ref=fb&src=sp&comm_ref=false#s656572&title=Do_Not_Eat

Just wondering if I could cope with changing over to brown rice. Somehow I cant se it working with either chineese or mexical food.

Sugar isn't a problem I never use it.

Will have to experiment more with my salad dressings.

Replies

• lisapr123
    lisapr123 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    I love brown rice. Give it a try. You may be surprised. I don't eat a lot of take out food, but when I cook chinese or mexican at home it works out just fine. It's a little nutty and filling.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I agree except for that word "never".
    How about 5 foods in extreme moderation?

There is nothing I am willing to just give up totally. Forget that.
  • SuggAvery
    Options
    We ordered Chinese food with brown rice two nights ago. It's different, but nothing major. I ate leftovers last night. I think I can make the switch and you can too. But an open mind is necessary!
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    I really don't like the word "never" here. Sure, some of these foods may not the healthiest that you can eat, but hey, I like good old crispy fried chicken once in a while. It's that all or nothing thinking that make most people want to just quit and give up.
  • jmehere
    jmehere Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    It's just like changing over to whole wheat bread from white. You'll get used to it and might even come to prefer it.
  • tnorth82
    tnorth82 Posts: 186
    Options
    Ive tried switching to brown rice and pasta - but I just don't like it... so now I don't eat either
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    As a personal choice, I rarely eat fried foods. I do eat whole grain bread, prefer brown rice over white, and as I make a lot of my own food - sugar isn't an issue.

However, I will eat fried food on occasion as well as sugary stuff and I love me some Blue Cheese dressing.

It's all about moderation...not elimination. :D
  • jamielise2
    jamielise2 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Brown rice actually tastes fantastic with Chinese. In fact many restaurants` actually offer it as an option. It tastes nuttier than white rice.
  • taxidermist15
    taxidermist15 Posts: 677 Member
    Options

5 Things to never eat

-bleach
    -arsnic
    -rat poison
    -dog turds
    - barbed wire

but only in extreme moderation :P
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Here's my five foods never to eat:

Cyanide
    Rocks
    Bleach
    Ebola
    McDonalds
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Hah Taxidermist, great minds... great minds... :drinker:
  • Emilia6909
    Emilia6909 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Brown rice is all you'll find in my house. Kids love it and boy does it make awesome Sushi!!!
  • thesarahsundae
    thesarahsundae Posts: 240 Member
    Options

I like that better.
  • Fergie2154
    Options
    Check out this article guys

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/02/five-foods-you-should-never-eat_n_1248197.html?ref=fb&src=sp&comm_ref=false#s656572&title=Do_Not_Eat

Just wondering if I could cope with changing over to brown rice. Somehow I cant se it working with either chineese or mexical food.

Sugar isn't a problem I never use it.

Will have to experiment more with my salad dressings.

Try Basmati Brown Rice. Nutty Flavor. Goes well with everything I have tried it with. Have been eating either Basmati or Jasmine Brown Rice for about 5 years. You can get it at Trader Joe's or your local grocer. To me, Uncle Ben's Brown rise is rather flat and not as tasty.

Also agree with others saying that "never" word. There are going to be times on maybe rare occasions where you will have certain foods that are not the norm in your weekly menu. e.g., I traveled to India for a month and there was no brown rice in sight (At least at the area I was in since I know they have brown rice in India). Nonetheless, when I returned home, I just got right back into eating my brown rice again, because I really enjoy the flavor.
  • mrsbarz
    mrsbarz Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Here's my five foods never to eat:

Cyanide
    Rocks
    Bleach
    Ebola
    McDonalds

my thoughts exactly...especially where McDonalds is concerned...it barely counts as food.
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    my son is vegetarian. we do brown rice with all home made stir fry! it's the bomb
  • KMAMinx13
    KMAMinx13 Posts: 101 Member
    Options

5 Things to never eat

-bleach
    -arsnic
    -rat poison
    -dog turds
    - barbed wire

but only in extreme moderation :P

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :bigsmile: :wink:
  • Gharley64
    Gharley64 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I have no problem staying away from those, and more.
    Im a meat eater following the Dukan diet, to an extreme perhaps, but It's all about meat.
    I've never been a carb, sugar, white bread lover anyway, and hate fried food.
  • loombeav
    loombeav Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I agree, brown rice is fab with Chinese/Japanese food. I actually had Hibachi Chicken last night with brown rice, which I love and eat quite regularly.
    We also recently switched to Ezekiel bread and I have to say I'm surprised how much my kids and I like. I generally like my bread soft, so even though we've used whole grain breads for a while I thought I'd have a hard time adjusting to the Ezekiel, but the taste is really good.
  • tataliciousd89
    Options
    Lame. Never speak in absolutes! :laugh: