Over fifty and fabulous :)

Options
Hi my name is Pauline and I am looking for Pals over 50. We have unique challenges at this age, so support is vital. Anyone going through Menopause or experiencing the challengs of middle age and looking for a friend?

Replies

• mareshmallow
    mareshmallow Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Pauline!

I'm not over 50 but will be 50 this June. Feel free to add me. Sometimes I feel like I'm going through Menopause but am told it's Peri-M! It's a confusing time. I could use encouragement too!

Sharon
  • tmfpartyof4
    tmfpartyof4 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am almost 41, but I wish you much success, and I have gone through "the change" physically already, so I understand that.

good luck to the both of you, and please feel free to add me if you like (both of you)
  • kathyblake
    Options
    Hi Pauline! I am fifty and feeling some of the same things that you are. I am realitively new to MFP. I started last June for a short time, feel off and restarted in January. I have 2 friends, my daughter who has lost 60 lbs and my sister who is also new - both way younger that us!. Good luck!
  • ny2ks
    ny2ks Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi Pauline, I am 55....56 next month. I too started in January. Anyone in the thread--feel free to add me.
  • jcposton
    jcposton Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I will be the Big 50 later this month. I started MFP the last of Aug 2011. I am a wife, mother and grandmother. The more motivation the better for me. I am looking at this as a life change and not a diet. Wishing you much success. Feel free to add me. Jackie
  • skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Welcome to My Fitness Pal! :happy:
  • kat1014
    kat1014 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Welcome....over 50. Feel free to add me.
  • FitN50s
    FitN50s Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I turned 50 in September. Age does matter in the fitness game. I'd love to have you join a group I'm part of. Women Of A Certain Age. I've met some of the most supportive, motivational friends there.
  • bj6886
    bj6886 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm 51 turning 52 in June. Please add me.
  • joanneonline
    Options
    Hi Pauline and the rest of you ladies! I'll be 51 in March and began MFP on January 1st. I'm looking to lose 57 lbs this year. 9 down, 48 to go. Would love more friends to help keep the motivation going. Feel free to add me :smile:
  • AFabulous50
    AFabulous50 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi I just turned 50 and have already gone through menopause. (I was 44 when I started 46 when it ended), but I think it was because of radiation treatments. Still having hot flashes and a few night sweats though. Feel free to add me, I just started in January.
  • bisland
    bisland Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Just turned 52 on the 3rd and 3 years post menopause.... sooo hard to lose the weight now. I need some help with exercise. I love to walk and trying my hand at C25K now. My pace not the fastest, but I am doing it,
  • Vanilladays
    Vanilladays Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Hello I'm 51 and feeling fine.......at long last, it's been a very long journey. Looking forward to getting to know you guys.
    Jenni
  • bpetro3
    Options
    Pauline.... I too am over 50.... way over, just plain decided I wasn't comfortable at my current weight. Menopause is kicking my .....! Hot flashes, weight gain.... full time job with stress..... excuse after excuse. Well I'm done with all the excuses. Walking daily, keeping track of everything that I eat... This is a great site and I intend to loose weight and keep it off... :happy: Since I joined in January, I've lost 3lbs.... I'm encouraged and hopeful that if I do this my bp will come down and my feet and knees will not hurt anymore. Over fifty and fabulous... a new goal!! Thanks Pauline!
  • Kelekat
    Kelekat Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I'm there. Feel free to add me!
  • gabe_irun4coffee
    gabe_irun4coffee Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP I'm 51 any of you feel free to add me the more friends we have the more accountability we get. Good luck to every one.
  • fitterandfabulouser
    Options
    Wow! So many replies. This is great! I believe we over 50 Crowd have so much to offer. We are fabulous and we can do this together! :)
  • RisiM
    RisiM Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    hi Pauline - I'm in the UK and am 56 but still feel lots younger, until I work out my childrens ages! Happy to be a friend
  • mohanj
    mohanj Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Hi Pauline,
    I am 58. I joined MFP on Jan 22nd and lost 3 pounds in 2 weeks. I am very encouraged by the results. Please feel free to add me as a friend.
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    If you are interested in an active thread for a large group of women over 50, check this out.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/473956-women-ages-50-for-february-2012?page=10#posts-6649528
    If you like what you see, just jump in and join us! Mary