Over fifty and fabulous :)

Options

Replies

• roander
    roander Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 50 and I'm going to friend request all of you! What fun is it to be by yourself?

I joined the group Fit & Fabulous 40s and 50s today. Hope it will be an active group.
  • magicsd77
    Options
    Everyone please feel free to add me
  • stacymama5
    stacymama5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 52 and meet all the same criteria as most of you. I joined January 5th and have lost 16 pounds so far!! I love this site. Please, anyone, please feel free to friend me.
  • Kath444
    Kath444 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I am also over 50 feel free to add me
  • shariTN
    Options
    well I will be 49 next month so add me if you would like. :)
  • celticmuse
    celticmuse Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I am 58 and have lost 33 lbs. over the past 14 mos. with the help of MFP. I feel 10 years younger. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • amber95823
    amber95823 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I just turned 50 on 2/7 and joined MFP yesterday, so I'm just getting started. I'm excited by all the support I see on the board so if you want to add me that will be great. I have a long way to go but I figure everyday that I make better choices brings me closer to where I want to be.

17155500.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • bkorman
    Options
    Wow! I'm 50+ and really felt the energy from just reading those postings! Thanks for the link!
  • jobie4153
    Options
    OK, so I am the old lady of the group at age 61! Trying to get back in shape to enjoy life more and feel better about myself.
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Pauline and I am looking for Pals over 50. We have unique challenges at this age, so support is vital. Anyone going through Menopause or experiencing the challengs of middle age and looking for a friend?
    Well, HI Pauline.........my name is Pauline, too!

Although I go by Polly, which fits my crazy personality better ;)

I am 57........went through menopause "medically" in my mid-30's, due to a total hysterectomy! I still have some symptoms at times, but not much.

I've lost about 24 lbs since I started trying (prior to MFP)...........feel fabulous, love my life, all is well!

Enjoy your journey, gals!!! It's all part of your FABULOUS life!!!!
  • JThomas61
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP...I am 51 and look so much younger and feel like I am 25 again. I started out at 248 currently at 173 working my way toward 160.
  • zmzmzm19
    zmzmzm19 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Hi Pauline,
    So glad to find a place with "50ish" gals! I will be 51 in June. I joined MFP 1 week ago. I would like to lose 30 pounds and then go down from there. Baby steps I say! I hope to find support from lovely ladies my age. I have gone thru menopause and am still blessed with the night sweats....trying different things for that right now. Here's to Fifty and Fabulous!! Have a great day!
  • lauriejayne813
    lauriejayne813 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi Pauline,

I'm 51 and just started MFP on January 3rd. I'm okay with being 51 just not with being 51 and horribly overweight. So, please add me as a friend, I love to hear stories and watch others my age improve their life! Good Luck, you can do it!
  • lauriejayne813
    lauriejayne813 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Looking for friends 50 & over, I'm one. 51 here and working hard at this weight loss thing. Need to get healthy. I am luckily thru menopause but oh the bad metabolism.
  • Rscrappy
    Options
    Hi Pauline

I will be 55 on monday. Yes the challenges of menapause have been not so kind. I have decided I need to start living a healthier lifestyle. Fit and fab in my 50's sounds great. Anyone feel free to add me. I am new this is my 3rd day on MFP.
  • xButterflyEffectx
    xButterflyEffectx Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me:)
  • 22colin
    22colin Posts: 31
    Options
    51 - male - Australian - trying to be a runner !
    Happy to be added so we can help each other achieve our goals :smile:
  • SweetPickle007
    Options
    Hi Pauline,Im 55 and not so fabulous...but im trying..lets be friends. And anyone else that needs a friend can add me too.:flowerforyou:
  • JamCubeChi
    JamCubeChi Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Welcome Pauline, I am 55, will be 56 this year November-Sure as heck don't feel my age but guess the body is saying differently. Tryinig to get into some type of shape other than round and increase my stamina and zest for living. Very young at heart and don't like the way I look or feel. Good luck on your journey, the support here is wonderful. Feel free to add me as a friend if you like. :flowerforyou:
  • marpeters
    marpeters Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Pauline,
    I'm a 56 mother of one college student. I'm working on the last part of my weight loss journey and would love to be MFP friends. Include me!
    Marcia