How Did You Get Rid Of Your Stretch Marks?

Options
13»

Replies

• mandos78
    mandos78 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    in the past I've used Palmers cocoa butter on stretch marks and scars and it helped them fade to the point were they were really small silver streaks. My friends all swear by BIO OIL but i cant use it because I'm sensitive to the lavender oil in it
  • Swampstar
    Swampstar Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    [quote
    It was my ribs that hurt, or more like the area going from the bottom rib onto the fleshy part! That took around 4.5 hours including the recolour. It was my 4th and definately most painful!

Well, it is beautiful! I only have 2 right now, getting ready for my next here soon, I can't wait! Just curious, how much did that one cost you?
    [/quote]

I sent you a message hun.
  • scottishhighlander
    Options
    I've had stretch marks on my back for years, they have faded but in the right light you can still see them. Got a huge tatt on my back to kind of take the edge off them so to speak. They used to be a deep purple now just off silver.

I've had them on my knees since a teen, anyone else got them there?

Ade
  • TinkrBelz
    TinkrBelz Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I have stretch marks and loose skin on my tummy. I have 6 kids, and the last four babies were around 9 1/2 pounds. I hate the way that it looks...but short of surgery, there really isn't anything that I can do. I do not look at them as a reminder of my beautiful kids...I actually look at my kids!! haha!!

But, your stretch marks will fade and not look as bad. If you have extra skin along with the stretch marks, I do not know what to do about that. :(
  • smileybooliz
    smileybooliz Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I hear you can get laser treatments to remove them. Probably really expensive though.

My daughters have had scarring from acne and laser treatments have helped. It does help fade them quite a bit. I would definitely go to a dermatologist and get help from them. There are quite a few treatments they can offer.
  • rebeccawalker1982
    rebeccawalker1982 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    157766793165817624_kqqR8BQZ_c.jpg
  • mandos78
    mandos78 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    atu0d3.jpg
    hope this works
  • kmcka637
    kmcka637 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Don't be embarassed of your stretch marks. A lot of people get them. Even skinny girls! I got them when I was 12 and by no means was I over weight. I got them from growing so tall so fast during puberty. There's no way I could even help that my skin was stretching.

Just embrace it as it is!
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    atu0d3.jpg
    hope this works

AWESOME
  • mg720
    mg720 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I love my stretch marks... they remind me how far I've come.

this made me smile. i like this
  • RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    as people already said they won't go away because they are scars but they will fade

vitamin e repairs skin

you can get moisturizers that have vitamin e in them but i prefer to put it straight on my skin
    get vitamin e gel capsules, prick a hole in them and smear it on your skin
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    atu0d3.jpg
    hope this works

AWESOME

I was going to post this too!

Yes they have lasers that can HELP remove them but a good dermatologist will tell you the lasers break up scar tissue but it all depends on your skin on how successful it will be and you can still maintain some discoloration. Stretch marks are scars but they will fade and soften with time. If you are more prone to scarring then it will take longer. You can help aide the process with lotions and oils