First Tattoo

Options
13»

Replies

• thesarahsundae
    thesarahsundae Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Make sure it's something it's something really special. I have 4 myself and they are all really important to me. Working on number 5... :wink:

I don't think they hurt much either.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I don't think the "during" part hurt at all. At worst, like getting scratched by a kitten. Mostly, it's like the vibration of an electric razor, with the pressure of someone was pressing an ink pen moderately hard against your skin.

Afterwards, it feels like a bad sunburn. It stings for a few days. It will bleed a little for the first hour, then ooze a little plasma for about a day. Within a week, it will peel. Then it'll feel just like the rest of your skin.
  • rachyrach1234
    Options
    What kind of tattoo do you want!?

i wat a portait of marylin monroe
    but what im planing to get first is
    the denver city highline on my feet
  • patricknsmith
    patricknsmith Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I was extremely nervous when I went to get my tat. Once it started though, I realized that it was all for nothing. I wouldn't even describe it as pain, just more of an annoyance. I ended up laughing and joking the whole time I was in the chair. I can't wait to get another one or eight...
  • AmyMK
    AmyMK Posts: 164
    Options
    My advice: don't get a foot tattoo. I got my first one there and it hurt like nothing I've ever felt before (and that's saying something, seeing as I used to SI).

100% agree...I got mine right below my ankle bone and it felt like 45 minutes of torture.

Don't drink any alcohol for 24 hours before hand. A friend of mine also recommended (and I don't know how true this is), that if you drink apple juice..like alot of apple juice...before hand it will help with clotting and you'll bleed less.

Book someone reputable and don't do it on a whim. Trust me, the shooting star on my foot is not as awesome as it was when I got it at 19...Not saying I regret it, but it's definitely not what I would have chosen now!