From the 1958 Good Housekeeping Appetizer Book

Options
Shannon023
Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
Peanut Butter-Catchup Dip

1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup catchup
Corn chips

Mix peanut butter with catchup until smooth. Refrigerate until served.

To serve: Arrange dip in bowl, surround with corn chips. Let guests dip their own.

Makes about 1 cup

***********************************************************************************************************

Enjoy! :laugh:

Replies

• Shannon023
    Options
    Peanut Butter-Catchup Dip

1/2 cup peanut butter
    1/2 cup catchup
    Corn chips

Mix peanut butter with catchup until smooth. Refrigerate until served.

To serve: Arrange dip in bowl, surround with corn chips. Let guests dip their own.

Makes about 1 cup

***********************************************************************************************************

Enjoy! :laugh:
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Yup..this is what I'm taking to my parents house for Easter dinner!!!:bigsmile:
  • WillPillageYourVillageForFood
    Options
    Thank you Shannon! I am now bowing down to the culinary goddess you are. respect.gif
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Woah, think I'll stick with hummus!! :laugh:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:
  • Shannon023
    Options
    No wonder our parents downed so many martinis back then! For all the food-dares they had to endure! :laugh:
  • fitnessperfection
    fitnessperfection Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    uuummm..... Eeeewwwhhhh..... :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:
  • Shannon023
    Options
    Perhaps then....

fma03.jpg

Three Layer Salad is made with lemon gelatin, chopped sweet pickles, walnuts and olive slices. Apparently the fillings will layer themselves. Fascinating. Even more fascinating are the Lemon Cups -- hollowed out lemon halves dipped in paprika and filled with mayonnaise.

C'mon!!! Who wants a big ol' mayonnaise cup???? :drinker: They've been sitting in the sun for a couple hours, but don't be shy! :drinker: :smokin:
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Delish. :bigsmile:

:sick:
  • genabug
    genabug Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    Perhaps then....

fma03.jpg

Three Layer Salad is made with lemon gelatin, chopped sweet pickles, walnuts and olive slices. Apparently the fillings will layer themselves. Fascinating. Even more fascinating are the Lemon Cups -- hollowed out lemon halves dipped in paprika and filled with mayonnaise.

C'mon!!! Who wants a big ol' mayonnaise cup???? :drinker: They've been sitting in the sun for a couple hours, but don't be shy! :drinker: :smokin:

Ok thats just nasty! :sick: :laugh:
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options
    No wonder our parents downed so many martinis back then! For all the food-dares they had to endure! :laugh:
    Yep my mother, slow gin and pepsi LOL
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options
    Perhaps then....

fma03.jpg

Where did that recipe come from? What are you suppose to do with the mayo cups? Dip your pickle jello? EWWWWWW
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    OK why ruin a good jello? I remember these kinds of things from when I was a kid. You'd think your were going to get something good because it was jello. You take a bite, YUCK!

I'll just take the cocktail please:laugh:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

Mom will be so proud:laugh: :laugh:
  • rachmj526
    rachmj526 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    :noway: :sick:

Okay...that three layer salad recipe almost made me sick...
  • WillPillageYourVillageForFood
    Options

My mom is a child of the 20's, she would probably fondly reminisce about eating this as a child. :laugh:
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options

Sad part is she wouldn't be surprised!!:laugh:
  • Dave198lbs
    Options

Sad part is she wouldn't be surprised!!:laugh:

that is funny:laugh:
    sweetheart
  • Shannon023
    Options
    fffp03.jpg

Broiled Grapefruit from Chalet Suzanne in Lake Wales, Florida: "Cinnamon-sugar and butter broil together to form a spicy brown glaze, then a tender chicken liver is perched atop."[/img]

mmmmmm...mmmmmmmm! Wouldn't be complete without the liver on top! drool.gif
  • Dave198lbs
    Options
    fffp03.jpg

Broiled Grapefruit from Chalet Suzanne in Lake Wales, Florida: "Cinnamon-sugar and butter broil together to form a spicy brown glaze, then a tender chicken liver is perched atop."[/img]

mmmmmm...mmmmmmmm! Wouldn't be complete without the liver on top! drool.gif

the trick is the liver MUST be tender or the thing just dont work:laugh: :laugh: