Logging on your worst days.

Options

Replies

• PeaceLoveVeggies
    PeaceLoveVeggies Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I log everyday regardless of how much or how little I eat.
  • Peg5678
    Options
    Yes, I always log. I think it's interesting to note my sodium intake, and then look at my weight about a day or two later. Helps to make things "real".
  • emmiee921
    Options
    i try to but when im binging my mind isnt really in that moment and i dont really think about what im eating so im not
    weighing out food or anything , i just think later what i ate and do my best to record im sure im out by like 200-500cals by the end of the day and im normally over 1000 extra for the day
  • lovinbeinold
    Options
    Yes, I log every day. I am more likely to move on and do better immediately if I log in too much for a meal or two. Rather than think I blew my whole diet and get discouraged, I just get back on track and don't think about the day of excess again.
  • b0t23
    b0t23 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    ive been logging on my days that I went over my calories

it sucks to look at it all and hopefully that means I can have less of those days.
  • ivansmomma
    Options
    If you only logged in on good days, wouldn't you wonder why you're not losing? I log in every day, whether it's good or bad. Today, not great, but it's logged!!
  • brittigno
    brittigno Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Yep, I log the bad days. Figure there's no point in cheating myself out. It helps me get back on track and refocus. I'll just get back on track the next day and maybe go a little harder at the gym.
    For example, after this weekend and 3 days of no gym-time, tomorrow's definitely a hard-work-at-the-gym kind of day.
  • Kendrawinn
    Options
    Nope I don't. After reading this I prob need to... LOL!!
  • AZDizzy
    AZDizzy Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Yep, I logged my trip to Wendy's and the pizza hut I had while visiting my Grandma. I log every day.
  • jpaulley
    Options
    Yes i log everything and sometimes it makes me sick. But I always learn and it helps me to see what i need to avoid in the future. Plus, some days that I think are really bad, do not look near as bad when I log it and see how much the excercise I did that day helped.
  • thistimeismytime
    thistimeismytime Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I log everything. It helps me keep it all in perspective. Even if I go way over one day, if the week still looks good, it's ok. It really helps me to just be honest with myself, and continue to move forward. I'm determined to banish guilt and depression from my eating routine...it's just soooo self-destructive. I log it, own it, move on :)
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    I log everything, every day. Once or twice, i've forgotten to log something ( especially if I ate it really late ).

My diary is public, so I *know* one of my friends is going to say something... or my personal trainer!

Does it help? maybe.

Does it hurt? Sometimes my feelings are a little abused when I realize OH CRAP I ate a LOT. Yesterday was likely my worst day with 300+ over goal.

Some days though, I am GOING to splurge. Lifestyle, not diet.... I'm not willing to give up donuts forever!
  • maru84
    maru84 Posts: 128
    Options
    Logging on days when I go way over SUCKS, but it helps me a) stop eating that day! b) learn from my mistakes and c) keep learning about what portion sizes are and how to control my eating better. Some of those days, I give up and resolve to track again the next day. Just do what it takes to keep tracking for the next day- I find that a cheat meal leads to a cheat day the next day and that's something to avoid!
  • Scandanovich
    Options
    I wasn't logging my bad days at first. Then realized I was only cheating myself. Now I log every bite. I finally made it off that plateau I was on because of chaning my logging habit.
  • Pkiddy
    Pkiddy Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    if it passes the lips it has potential to hit the hips. LOG EVERYTHING. if you don't how will you know what you have done???
    Log it!
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    If I don't log on my bad days, then I won't learn from my mistakes. If I don't learn from my mistakes, I will never be any wiser. If I don't become wiser, then getting older will REALLY suck.
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Ignoring the bad days defeat the purpose of using this webisite, IMO.

I agree. I log everything so I can look back if my weight changes, etc. and see what may have caused it.
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I log every single day, everything I eat, good or bad, every workout, what's the sense of this program otherwise??
  • usafbeach
    usafbeach Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    My body counts it, so I count it.
  • ccbing
    ccbing Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Yep...I'm logging the good and the bad....Friday and today = bad :(