Logging on your worst days.

Options

Replies

• beckyannj
    beckyannj Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I took a day off this weekend and did not log. I recently switched my diary to public, but that was not a good move. So I am back to private, so it is for my eyes only, and that way I can honestly log. I just can't let go of what others may think. I know this way I will log on the worst days!
  • Dickersondiva
    Dickersondiva Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I log in on bad days because it encourages me to exercise more on those days.

My thoughts exactly. This happened tonight. It wasn't a "horrible" day (my horrible days are like, 1000 over) but I was 227 over...so before midnight I know to do a lil Zumba on the XBOX after the Superbowl goes off. It makes me more conscious of where I am vs. where I need to be.
  • sandhillcrane
    Options
    Yes. I log no matter what! At least sign on and chat w/friends. Stay in the habit or you will continue on the wrong track!! As others said, that is the purpose of mfp! good luck!! :drinker:
  • Savyna
    Savyna Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    I log everything. I told myself that my weight loss and lifestyle changes would be truthful to myself and that means that I'm responsible for noting what it is I ate. Note it then move on and think of better ways to not fall into the same pitfalls.
  • SaraTN
    SaraTN Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I log it all... the good, the bad, and the ugly along with the perfect days. Reflection on the bad days helps me keep it in check the rest of the time
  • bllowry
    bllowry Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I log everyday, and since I can log from my phone I log after each meal so I know if I have to get a workout in so I can have what I planned, like today. I wanted to try a new pizza dough recipe, and have a glass of wine, so once I logged I knew I had to get on the elliptical.
  • bevsdietfor2011
    bevsdietfor2011 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I try to log everyday good or bad!! I had a day not too long ago where I had consumed over 3000 mgs of sodium in one day!!!!!! I think I am still drinking water to flush it out....LOL

Logging on my bad days reminds me that I am not perfect but that I need to stay on track so that I can continue to lose. Hang in there and remember if you mess up you can always start over the next day.....none of us on here are perfect and we just have to keep heading towards our goals!!!! We are all here for you!!! You can do this!!!

Bev
  • bjfmade
    bjfmade Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Log them. You are only accountable to yourself. If you can't see the good hard evidence why things aren't working, you will only be buying into the lies. Be honest and own up to your mis-steps and learn from them.
  • tiffastar
    tiffastar Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Logged today which has been the worse day - usually I'm under calories but I think one cheat day shouldn't derail me, right? Probably shouldn't have made that day the day before I weigh in but so is life.
  • Kelekat
    Kelekat Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I log everything--it helps me to see patterns in my eating, good and bad.
  • DLJ_77
    DLJ_77 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I have used this app for about 18 months now...I used to log religiously, but I tend to go through phases. I was successful on WW when I logged daily and then I stopped and gained the weight back. I stopped logging about 8 months ago, but I have logged for the past week. I have been going through a lot of personal stuff for the past 6 months and I have lost sight of my priorities...me. Starting to log again has reminded me of what is important and what my goal are. I have also re-joined the gym and basically begun the weight-loss journey again. This time I will be successful and I will be able to maintain it, because I am going to pay attention to my nutrition and exercise...good day, bad days and mediocre days:)
  • alduvall
    alduvall Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Yep! I logged on Christmas Day...over 3,000 calories...5 servings of ham...3 slices of rum cake...etc. etc. By the calories, I shouldn't have eatern again for 3 days. LOL! But I made it back on track. Hepls to see the damage and refocus.
  • operavagabond
    operavagabond Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Oy vey - that's the hardest thing to do - but it has helped stop so many would-be binge eating downward spirals.
  • DLJ_77
    DLJ_77 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    One day most definitely will not derail you and tomorrow will be better:)
  • tb_lawkid13
    tb_lawkid13 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm trying to be more accountable, so that means tracking on bad days too. I think that its a mind thing tho, like if you are only supposed to eat 1200 calories a day, you will almost always go over, because its hard to consume so little if you are being active.
  • cjpg
    cjpg Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Do you log on your bad days?
    It's more important to log the days that are bad than when they are good. The information is valuable to learn from the potholes to avoid the next days and onwards.

What's the worst day you've had?
    When I first joined this site, I made a mock entry of the worst day I could recall to see what sort of work I'm going to have to do. I racked up 5000 calories for single day, included an entire pizza hut pizza, 1.25 litres of coke, a whole bar of cadbury chocolate on top of the regular meals (sandwiches, cereal, etc.).

What did you do about it? (Did it throw you off track or did you use it as motivation to move more throughout the week?)
    My problem was I didn't know what I was doing to my body. When I made a mock entry, the numbers almost brought me to tears and I woke up.
    I realised I could either continue making excuses and refusing to educate myself about what I'm doing to my body, whilst still complaining about every second of being fat
    OR
    I could turn everything around by using this information to put me in the right direction for a change. Hence, my almost-religious logging of every single grape to every drop of milk.
  • Oo_BrookeNicole_oO
    Options
    Yesterday was my first bad day. I gave up half way through the day and decided I just wouldn't log it. Come night time I felt guilty so I logged everything as best as I could. I ate 2600 if not more. I didn't know how to log it because it was all homemade and I hadn't planned on eating it. It was a great day though so I don't regret it. Pawpa's/Dad's Birthday plus anniversary with my boyfriend.

I'll get back on track tommorow. (Today hasn't been to well either. :O)
  • mrskesler
    mrskesler Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Ignoring the bad days defeat the purpose of using this webisite, IMO.

this is how I feel too... just because you don't log it, doesn't mean it didn't get consumed...
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Whoever does not log everything that goes in their mouth needs to get off the site, regroup and come back when you're serious about this.......not trying to be rude but really? Not logging everything AND everyday is only cheating yourself. And people who have their diaries private.......why??
  • yuckidah
    yuckidah Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Yes, I log every single thing. I think it negates the whole point of this site if you don't.
    Accountability is a huge part of weight-loss - if you don't log the bad stuff there's nothing to deter you from doing it over & over again, and you're only fooling yourself in the long run.