Healthy(ish?) Birthday Cake??

Options
13»

Replies

• nitepagan
    nitepagan Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    There's a recipe in better homes and garden cookbook, one bowl chocolate cake, it is easy to make and only makes an 8x8 square pan or 9 inch round pan. I made it into cupcakes and used the chocolate glaze. Ok, it is decadent, but it is limited in size, so you only have very limited servings. I think I made a dozen cupcakes and when they are gone, you go back to your diet. real ingredient = real food. :bigsmile:
  • katzblood
    Options
    I made the cookiepie last night and it was awesome! I am now out of chickpeas and will have to hit the asian mart to get them as our grocery didnt have them when I looked..
  • Rapunzel24
    Rapunzel24 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Have you considered a raw cake? I know it sounds bananas, but it has the same consistency as cheescake, but is sooooo amazing. Here is the link http://www.sweetlyraw.com/2010/01/winter-dinner-party.html

Its a blueberry cake, but once you seen the recipe you can see how its easily adaptable to lots of different flavors. I did make the blueberry and it really was a vibrant as the pictures, and kept really well.

I've got several other recipes on my pinterest too http://pinterest.com/Rapunzel24/body-health/
  • fittiephd
    fittiephd Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I made the cookiepie last night and it was awesome! I am now out of chickpeas and will have to hit the asian mart to get them as our grocery didnt have them when I looked..

Glad you liked it! It's nuts that there are chickpeas in there and you can't even tell!! Also, a lot of times chickpeas are labeled as "garbanzo beans". If the super market has a ethnic foods section (I know shaw's does..) then Goya has cans of garbanzo beans. Whole foods also has them in bulk but you'd have to soak them overnight first as they are dried.

I like that idea mentioned above of freezing light cool whip to eat as if it is ice cream :) I typically blend frozen bananas when I want ice cream, as it makes an ice cream consistency and satisfies the craving!!

7618750.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • Jolenebib
    Jolenebib Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    bump
  • tinana_RN
    tinana_RN Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Bumping :)