I HATE Protien Shakes

Options
2»

Replies

• IrishHarpy1
    IrishHarpy1 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Try syntrax nectar chocolate truffle, it tastes good. You can get it at the vitamin shoppe and you can return it if you don't like it.

^ This. The Vanilla Bean Torte one is even better... to the point where I almost feel guilty drinking it! :smile:
  • Lorleee
    Lorleee Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    You can get your protein from food alone. Tastes better and nothing "fake".
  • asugirl74
    Options
    Try Visalus shakes. My friend sells them and I bought some. I mix them with Soy milk or Unsweetened Almond milk, 6-8 cubes of ice and blend. They are really good. You can add stuff to them, I like fresh or frozen strawberries. 90 cal, 1 fat, 7 carbs and 12 protein.
  • Alisha_countrymama
    Alisha_countrymama Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Body By Vi Shakes are AMAZING! I have at least one if not two a day!!!! They are are not loaded with sugar like a lot of other protein shakes.
    AlishaGates.myvi.net/loseweight
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    Body By Vi Shakes are AMAZING! I have at least one if not two a day!!!! They are are not loaded with sugar like a lot of other protein shakes.
    AlishaGates.myvi.net/loseweight

BodybyVi, Shakeology, and Herbal Life have decent products but they are so over priced compared to what you can get that is comparable if not better macro wise. Just like GNC in store, they can't compete with the prices online. My biggest problem with GNC is how pushy the reps are when they have very little training on what all the supplements are.

Just the simple fact they still push Jack3d so hard is case in point. One of the worst Pre-Workouts on the market and they push it like it's the greatest thing in the world.

/rant off.
  • chicklidell
    Options
    Some people will say post-workout protein isn't necessary, some people swear by it. You'll have to see how your body reacts to figure out if you need it or not.

The reason people suggest protein shakes after a workout is the liquid protein digests faster than a solid food would, so it's absorbed faster by the body. It's also easier to keep a shake clean. It's also more convenient for most people. So can you have something else? Yes. Will it be as effective? Your body will tell you.

I will also say that it does matter what you mix the powder with... but it matters more what the powder is. Some protein powders won't taste good regardless of what you do to them. Others taste much better. Even the good ones will never be confused with a dairy queen milk shake, but not all of them have to be choked down.

I agree....I put protein powder inmy food...mix it with oatmeal and yogurt...but you can get your protein source from means other then a shake..I don't do shakes well either..I rather eat then drink my protein. my post workout meal is typically chicken breast and steamed asparagus, or cottage cheese and a banana, tuna right out of the can and a chocolate milk..you have to think protein powder regardless of wehter it's healthy or not, is man made...the less man made crap in my body the better...If I have low protein days I add in pwder only if I can't get it from my food first.
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    .you have to think protein powder regardless of wehter it's healthy or not, is man made...the less man made crap in my body the better...If I have low protein days I add in pwder only if I can't get it from my food first.

what? If you look a lot of the higher end protein powders contains whey, rice, casin, isolate, and soy for it's forms of protein. They are all natural. You have more man made food in most other prepared items then you do in a high quality protein powder. Certain brands even use natural foods for the flavoring, I know one of the companies use chopped up cookies for it's cookies and cream flavoring. Just because it's not a food you recognize doesn't mean it's not natural foods.
  • sarabelle0
    sarabelle0 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I hate them too! I switched to raw hemp protein and it tastes pretty good mixed in anything.
  • bodozer
    Options
    Everything I have heard about Vi-Shakes is positive as well!

You can see the products here: http://cathymoses.myvi.net/products.html

And if you refer 3 you get yours free.
  • Kelekat
    Kelekat Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    nuts are not high in protein

Actually--a serving of peanut butter has 8g of protein. A serving of pumpkin seeds contains a whopping 19g., with many other nuts and seeds containing varying amounts.

I use Dymatize Elite Gourmet Whey & Casein Blend Protein Powder in Vanilla Creme. Mixed with nonfat milk, frozen strawberries, and a small banana, it tastes great.