What do you want to be when you grow up?

Options
jacquelyn_erika
jacquelyn_erika Posts: 524 Member
I can never make up my mind when it comes to this. I was in school recently for medical assistant/phlebotomy but it really didn't hold my interest like I thought it would. Just didn't seem like the right "fit" for me. I make more at my current job than the going rates for medical assistants in my area anyway, which is a little sad.

I enjoy my current job minus a few things, but that's pretty typical. I just don't think I could ever make a career out of it. I only say that as far as the pay rate is concerned as well as there will never be any benefits.

So, what do YOU want to be when you grow up? Or, are you in a career right now that you will probably hold up until you retire. If so, what do you do for work?

Replies

• mrlazy1967
    mrlazy1967 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I don't want to grow up
  • DS67ATX
    DS67ATX Posts: 289
    Options
    Working on starting a small business that will get me to my golden years hopefully.
  • mrlazy1967
    mrlazy1967 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    something with cats
  • jacquelyn_erika
    Options
    I don't want to grow up

Me either... :(
  • Poetic_
    Poetic_ Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I want to finally be healthy.
  • kirbykez
    kirbykez Posts: 122
    Options
    Beauty Therapist, with my own small business specializing in spa treatments :)
  • estjames
    Options
    Professor as a career and near retirement I want to start a wildlife consulting business, shooting club, and/or dog breeding/training business.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I wanna be a cowboy.
  • SkyPixie
    SkyPixie Posts: 224
    Options
    Way taller than I am now :laugh:
  • erikblock
    erikblock Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I want to be UFC President.
  • bjshields
    bjshields Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    A personal trainer, which I'm studying for. Have to finish getting MYSELF in shape first, though!:smile:
  • izzydino
    izzydino Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    travel the world
  • QueenJayJay
    QueenJayJay Posts: 1,139
    Options
    23 years old isn't grown up?
  • jacquelyn_erika
    Options

It is... but I was kind of being silly. I still have some growing up to do...
  • hellraisedfire
    hellraisedfire Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    biomedical engineer and possibly a surgeon. would like to work with dna, organs, and prosthetic limbs.
  • leynak
    leynak Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    A pin up girl! :wink:

But seriously, I want to work with animals- Vet tech. My absolute dream though would be to work in a zoo. :happy:
  • QueenJayJay
    QueenJayJay Posts: 1,139
    Options

Just trying to get some perspective before I answered your question. :smile:

I think if you're going to experiment around to find your niche, now is the time to do it. Waiting until you have a family relying on your income-- not so much. It's a wise decision to get it all worked out now.

ETA: I'm 24, and I'm a teacher. I plan to retire a teacher. I was pretty blessed in knowing it's what I wanted to do.
  • jmvmisc24
    jmvmisc24 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Epidemiologists working with with diseases involving microbiology and immunology
  • jacquelyn_erika
    Options
    biomedical engineer and possibly a surgeon. would like to work with dna, organs, and prosthetic limbs.

that sounds super exciting!
  • jacquelyn_erika
    Options

Just trying to get some perspective before I answered your question. :smile:

I think if you're going to experiment around to find your niche, now is the time to do it. Waiting until you have a family relying on your income-- not so much. It's a wise decision to get it all worked out now.

I totally agree with you! I just flip flop between ideas all the time. I really have no idea what I would be happy doing for the rest of my life, or even to support a family.