Alcohol ruining my diet :(

Options

Replies

• visiri
    visiri Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    everyone else has said it all - but I'll add one more thing - the extra flab is probably bloat from drinking. Stop binge drinking and the flab will go away.
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    AA? Seriously. This seems like a troll thread, if you're THAT worried about it at 110 lbs, then don't party so much. Easy fix.
  • WhittRak
    WhittRak Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Not trying to be offensive, but I would seek professional help. It may be best.
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I am not trying to be rude, but I don't see why you need a bunch answers and suggestions. You already know what is interfering with your diet...."ALOCHOL is ruining my diet."

BTW...trolling means you're posting something to fish for answers...to get attention. Not for serious inquiry!
  • capaxinfiniti
    capaxinfiniti Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Trolly Trolly Troll.
  • tamheath
    tamheath Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I call them as I see them and believe in tough love. What's the point of this posting? You weigh all of 110 lbs and you admit that you freely binge drink and eat unhealthy. You are not serious about whatever fitness goals you have set for yourself and are simply wasting your time at this point. IF you really want to lead a healthy lifestyle then stop the binge drinking and eat healthy foods more often than not. Exercise regularly. Again, my intention is not to demean you but YOU have to accept responsibility for your actions and then take positive steps toward your goals.

LMAO My point was to see if there was other people like me, not to get smart *kitten* comments from people who don't know me! but whatever, that's what life is about. right? For one thing, if I wasn't serious about wanting to lose weight then I wouldn't be on here trying to connect with people, etc.

This wasn't a smart *kitten* remark, he just gave it to you how it is..Girl you need some help!!! Seriously..WTF you doing on this site weighin 110 and binge drinking??? THAT's beyond unhealthy..Please seek some help, then maybe come back later when you are ready to live that healthy life you claim you are doing...

Wow. 'LMAO' ?? Did she seriously say that?? Girl, if you are for real (doubt it), then you do need some serious help. I hope that you do find some help, or I hope that you do stop wasting everyone's time here. One of those needs to happen. Good luck.
  • kiwinik
    kiwinik Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

I was a pretty heavy drinker too until a month ago. Decided to stop drinking for 3 months to let my body live up to its potential....

Please give the "Hello Sunday Morning" website a go. Sign up to stop drinking for a set period of time or just to cut down, read about others going through similar experiences and create your own blog. It's an Australian site which promotes a healthy drinking culture rather than having to "give up forever" if that is not what you want to do.

It's really helped me and I've dropped 3 kg in the past month since stopping the wines! I heard about MFP through that website. Take care and all the best. xxx
  • moniqueb39
    moniqueb39 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Help yourself and stop binge drinking. I have a drink several times a week I have changed from fruity high cal drinks to just a red wine with dinner. I notice I don't want more than a glass sometimes two but i am still loosing. If you are going partying put a limit on your party. Drink light beer and drink water between each so you feel full. Binge drinking will only keep you in this cycle.
  • AbiNichole
    AbiNichole Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Great analogy @hpsnickers1--- I totally understood it and I agree with you on every point!

OP- I know a lot of people are being rather critical of you (unfortunately it's to be expected on these boards sometimes.) Have you tried limited your drinking to only 1 day a week? Or even 1 day every 2 weeks. Eat super clean all week then allow yourself that 1 day to do whatever you want BUT you have to get right back into the swing the next day.

It will certainly sabotage your weight loss goals but it just may help you get into the swing of healthy habits and after all- that's much more important than "losing a little flab." Just a thought.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Please don't take offense to this, but I was all prepared to say "honey you are young, don't stress it" thinking you were like 21. But you are 28. I am not trying to say 28 year olds aren't allowed to have fun anymore, but come on. If you want to lose your bit of flab you are going to have to limit your alcohol intake. Sorry!
  • prism6
    prism6 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I am 53 and have drank since I was 18......you will only stay 'lucky 'so long. I used to do the same thing, not eat all day,or eat fast food, then go home and eat a bag of chips and drink a six pack or bottle of wine....everyday! I have tried many diets but never quit drinking for more than 3 days. except a stint of 3 months...Jan 3rd of this year I decided that I wanted my life back. Can't say there was anything in particular,just a switch flipped. I haven't drank since then and better yet do not desire it...I know the pitfalls that can happen, I will need to stay vigilant. I am eating healthy food and do not have any junk food at home except microwave popcorn. It really has to come from a desire inside you. I used to be shaped like Marilyn Monroe, now it's Rosanne Barr...I would like to get as close as I can reasonably to my old self. It is a struggle but you can do it...trust me. Just do not wait too long...best wishes to you. It is a battle that only folks like us can understand. You can friend me if you would like
  • nbhrn
    nbhrn Posts: 3
    Options
    I had to quit alcohol entirely. Thought I would lose weight as well as get sober. Didn't happen. My body was craving the sugars, developed a terrible sweet tooth. 40 pounds later, I discussed all this with my doctor, who hadn't been included in my initial decision to quit drinking, and she said to try cutting out all sugar and sugar alcohols (some artificial sweeteners, used in diet drinks.) Turns out the diet drinks were turning on the switch for my sugar cravings. I did this for two years and lost the 40 pounds without making any other diet changes. I did start exercizing though. I have only begun watching my daily intake since joining MFP, in order to get the last 10 pounds off. I'm sorry you have developed this problem. Its not as easy to fix as some people seem to think, but well worth it.
  • VVEXVVEX
    VVEXVVEX Posts: 132 Member
    Options

LMAO My point was to see if there was other people like me, not to get smart *kitten* comments from people who don't know me! but whatever, that's what life is about. right? For one thing, if I wasn't serious about wanting to lose weight then I wouldn't be on here trying to connect with people, etc.

A sincere and hopefully helpful piece of advice: measure and log alcohol intake like any other calories. Measuring my half-cup of wine, vs. just pouring another top-up from the bottle, has cut my alcohol intake way down. It's one of the great things about MFP ... you literally see where you are spending the calories.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    I am not trying to be rude, but I don't see why you need a bunch answers and suggestions. You already know what is interfering with your diet...."ALOCHOL is ruining my diet."

BTW...trolling means you're posting something to fish for answers...to get attention. Not for serious inquiry!

She posted
    I am 5"2. and I know I kinda have a problem, was looking for other people who have the same problem so we could support each other as well as have an idea of what the other is going through.

She is looking for people who may be able to relate to her situation, not answers and suggestions. I think a few people might have missed that.

OP - hopefully you find some people that can relate, but I am not quite sure this is the best site. Good luck. I do hope you find someone to talk to about your relationship with alcohol, it is not a healthy one but you already know that.
  • brett1117
    Options
    I think you need some help with you alcohol issue!!!
  • Heaven71
    Heaven71 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    You won't get much aside from chastising and lectures on that point sweetie. I drink often and just make sure it fits in my calories. I don;t go out and drink, I stay home and there is always something healthy to binge on. Carrots, celery, low calorie snack pack if I need junk. Maybe take a large purse with healthier choices when you drink so you won't eat a bunch of junk.

I hid my diary because I got crap about my prelogged vodka LOL.

Drink more? Exercise more.
  • ready2beme
    ready2beme Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    8e28d158-7daa-446b-b738-67d29898dc06.gif

If she was legitimate, she wouldn't be sloughing off genuine advice about her blatant alcoholism and LOLing about it.
  • hlshubert
    Options
    I am TOTALLY ther with ya! I know I'm an alchaholic, but not trying to attend any interventions at this time, soooo. If you need my support I will be more than happy to do anything I can to help you. I've actually just come off my weekend binge - so, so much for that - BUT since I've been on myfitnesspal, and I've made my food diary public - I think it's helped a lot. I don't cheat on what I log, so if you're gonna do that then you might as well not log, but really I think it will help. I've read where some people try to cut down to just 1 night of drinking per week. I know if I drink a lot - I'll be starving the next day, didn't really think anything about not eating while I was drinking which is probably true... I would say, like I've been told, remember that alchahol is just empty calories so their definetly not helping in any way. Try to quit. If that's not entirely possible at this time, try cutting way back, maybe just buying ONLY a six pack or a few air plane shots (that's what I did). This way you won't have access to that many. As far as going out goes - I'm poor, so I don't go out very often, when I do, I have to be cheap! I know this probably didn't help, but I actually feel better getting it off my chest. Since I cut back I've lost 5, so I know I'm doing something right!
  • hlshubert
    Options
    Oh well - I was wondering what "trolling" was - I had something else all together in mind :o) Thanks for the awesome definition - with pictures!!!
  • ready2beme
    ready2beme Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Oh well - I was wondering what "trolling" was - I had something else all together in mind :o) Thanks for the awesome definition - with pictures!!!

Thought it might help :P