Alcohol ruining my diet :(

Options

Replies

• BrandyontheRun
    BrandyontheRun Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Hey there- I'll add you as a friend! I used to be addicted to alcohol and crystal meth. It was ruining my life. I've been sober just over a year now and back on the healthy eating/exercise routine for about 3-4 months. I swear to god I've never felt better in my life. It's hard at first, but once you find stability and build a routine/structure it will make all the difference. Most people can't do it alone- look for help and support and I'm sure you'll find it.
  • hlshubert
    Options
    Nice one! Well I won't be hiding mine - I know I have a problem, but like you said, you just gotta fit it in - or quit... me personally, not ready to quit... On the up side (and to take focus off my drinking problem) I did quit smoking in June and have not had a cigarette since! I love this site - y'all are all awesome!
  • tunktunk5583
    tunktunk5583 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    LMAO My point was to see if there was other people like me, not to get smart *kitten* comments from people who don't know me! but whatever, that's what life is about. right? For one thing, if I wasn't serious about wanting to lose weight then I wouldn't be on here trying to connect with people, etc.
    [/quote]

I hate to say it but you should have kind of expected this from people here.

Maybe you should concentrate on grasping some self control on alcohol first before trying to lose weight.

You wanting to be thinner than 110lb at 5'2 is another story for another time...
  • skywa
    skywa Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    you sound like an alcoholic. i have never gone drinking for 3 days straight. ever. like, not even on vacation when i was partying. thats kinda crazy....
  • reaolliemama
    reaolliemama Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    TROLL
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I call them as I see them and believe in tough love. What's the point of this posting? You weigh all of 110 lbs and you admit that you freely binge drink and eat unhealthy. You are not serious about whatever fitness goals you have set for yourself and are simply wasting your time at this point. IF you really want to lead a healthy lifestyle then stop the binge drinking and eat healthy foods more often than not. Exercise regularly. Again, my intention is not to demean you but YOU have to accept responsibility for your actions and then take positive steps toward your goals.

LMAO My point was to see if there was other people like me, not to get smart *kitten* comments from people who don't know me! but whatever, that's what life is about. right? For one thing, if I wasn't serious about wanting to lose weight then I wouldn't be on here trying to connect with people, etc.

I'm sorry you've gotten so many rude responses to a serious question. This is supposed to be a support forum....

Years ago I was having problems with binge drinking and it contributed to the weight gain that I have been dealing with now. I stopped drinking and had to relearn how to eat healthy and exercise. I suspect the weight you feel you need to lose is really just "flab" from the alcohol, which is converted into fat differently than other types of calories. (I don't know the science behind it but I do know that there's a reason they call it a beer belly!). I wouldn't be surprised if you got some abstinence in there, if coupled with diet/exercise you'd find the weight would drop off.

If you want some help moderating your drinking or just learning how to have a healthier relationship with alcohol, I would suggest going to Moderation Management. (www.moderationmanagement.org). They have a list serve you can post to. It's how I ended up getting myself back on track.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    If she was legitimate, she wouldn't be sloughing off genuine advice about her blatant alcoholism and LOLing about it.

Because every alcoholic is ready to admit they have a problem and accept help, especially from a bunch of random internet strangers.
    Maybe she is a troll, I actually kinda hope for her sake she is, I just don't see it as trolling as others seem to. Maybe because i know people like her.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Binge drinking for several days at a time isn't a diet issue, it's an alcoholism issue. We're not the support group you're looking for.
  • Fit_Canuck
    Fit_Canuck Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Definitely seek help from an AA group if you binge drink and can't stop yourself from drinking. At the very least consult your physician.
  • BelleHeart
    BelleHeart Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    You are 110lbs?? Or are you trying to lose 110lbs?
    Either way just stop drinking. Too many empty calories and it ruins your liver which is VERY important ( thats why it has LIVE in the name... lol) If you are having trouble quitting drinking or if you have a problem I recommend you seek help and pray!!!
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    gcj.jpg
  • xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Cut down on the alcohol.. Binge drinking is not only bad for you but also high in calories and ruins your body (liver, kidneys, skin). Also it contributes to internal fat deposits around your organs which can be deadly and much more difficult to get rid of.
    The binge eating after is probably the result of not eating much and lack of proper hydration(water) the few days before. If you can't do it on your own seek medical help, Alcohol withdraws can be severe and even cause death if not handeled appropriately, but once gone your body will thank you for it.
  • jillyt85
    jillyt85 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I don't agree with the lifestyle this woman is choosing to live (my dad is an alcoholic), but I think people really need to be careful when pointing their fingers at others. So many people say they can stop after a drink or two, but how many people can go a week without having one drink at all? Or a few months? I know sooo many people who are alcoholics and don't even know it. You don't have to be like my dad who doesn't work, goes to bars all day long, and lives off his parents money to be one. There are many fully functional alcoholics out there who work and have social lives. So again, I don't agree with the original poster, but this is still supposed to be a place people can come and not get bashed. Let's all look at ourselves and our problems (even if it's not alcoholism you have problems) and lets not point out the obvious and say get help over and over in mean tones. She needed to hear it, she heard it, now let's leave her alone and get back to supporting each other with our fitness goals.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    If you are truly serious, go to your doctor, get checked into rehab. You don't need to diet to get rid of "flab," you need to stop drinking.
  • chaitrex
    chaitrex Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Binge drinking is the worst. I have a couple friends who have problems with that, and the only advice I can give you is to stop. You need to seriously reflect on your relationship with alcohol and why you drink. No one, especially at your height and weight, should need more than a couple drinks to have an enjoyable evening.
    This is not coming form a preachy place because I drink a few times a week, but drinking is perhaps the worst legal thing you can do to your body.
    Here is my advice to you: cold turkey. Either AA or on your own, and let everyone know so that you have to be responsible to your commitment. Do a gentle, natural detox to get your POOR KIDNEYS AND LIVER back up to speed. Rediscover hwo to enjoy yourself without alcohol as a touchstone a few times a week. Believe me, your issue will only get worse over time if you don't handle it now.
    I had a friend in a similar position. Not an alcoholic then, but just one very enthusiastic party girl. Now she drinks a handle of vodka a day, but says she can't even feel it.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    But, I NEED to stop this
    agreed
    please get help
  • BeautyQueen90
    BeautyQueen90 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Yes get yourself together sweetheart alcohol isn't ruining your diet you drinking to much is and its not healthy for this lifestyle or your diet its not even healthy for you.
  • AlbertPooHoles
    AlbertPooHoles Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Cheers! :drinker:
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    If you can't control yourself with alcohol, you need to go to AA meetings.
    Alcoholism is a serious disease. You can't tell an alcoholic to drink in moderation. They can't. They have to stop forever.
  • onedayillbamilf
    onedayillbamilf Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    I haven't read any responses, so sorry if this has been mentioned a million times......there's this group I heard of one time, at band camp, for stuff like this. It's called Alcoholics Anonymous.