Heart Rate Monitors

Options
13»

Replies

• 1stampermom
    1stampermom Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar F6 (in pink:smile: ) and have used it about 5 times/week for 2 years with no problem. Occasionally the heart rate will read 00, but when I tighten up the chest strap a little, it's fixed. My workout partner also has a Polar a few years older - she changed the battery about a 1 1/2 years ago, and it's working great, too.
  • missmamselle
    missmamselle Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Polar FT7 battery is really easy to change. Use a coin to open the compartment.
  • Moriarty_697
    Moriarty_697 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    If you just need a basic HRM, Polar's FT7 was a great workout partner that really helped me for a long time. That said, I recently splurged on the Garmin Forerunner 610 and I love it. I've been spending less time in the gym and more time out on the roads running and the Garmin does a great job of tracking everything from heart rate to pace to calories burned. Then I switch it to bicycle mode and use it to track my commutes, as well.

That said, the 610 is ridiculously expensive so you're probably better off with the Polar or one of the less expensive Garmins. One thing I really liked about the FT7 is that it's easy to change the batteries on both the watch and the transmitter. Not all HRM's are designed so well.

If you're ever looking at GPS/HRM devices, I recommend checking out the DC Rainmaker site (http://www.dcrainmaker.com/). The site contains a wealth of information, reviews and how-tos.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    I bought the Timex ironman based on on line reviews which put it in the top 5 in it's price range. It's working just fine but it's only been a month. I haven't ready any info on lack of quality on either of the two you mention in your original post,.