Is the hourglass still in?

Options

Replies

• Bloowhale
    Options
    I never really had much of a shape until I became pregnant (and then I had more than I really wanted), but I still love the hourglass shape. Even though I don't have the hips or bust to make it happen, I like to cinch my waist to give the illusion. ;D

I think the super slim gals are fun to look at, but in the end... I'm more attracted to women with athletic bodies, and a majority of the time they have some nice curves to them. However, women with delicious hourglass forms are just as lovely - and can be quite the vixens.

- Bloo
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Hourglass is definitely still in, but genuine hourglass. Lots of women seem to have mistaken the concept of curvy for just plain fat. Remember an hourglass figure is just as unachievable if you aren't genetical disposed to it as a straight boy-like figure. They are just different basic body shapes.

I am not genetically disposed to either hourglass or boy, so find the whole debate a bit over my head.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Yes. I guess it better to ask the question than to really wonder. Because in real life I usually don't speak up about weight issues unless among friends or a group of women. And me being a woman and especially not really thin I wonder how many men would really tell me the truth even if I asked them. I guess being called fat by multiple different men (all of whom i was not well acquainted with) doesn't make self-esteem very high.

you know a lot of guy's will diss a woman to make her feel bad about her self in order to sleep with them, cause there are some girls who feel that if a guy will sleep with her it validates her prettyness, so just be on the look out for a grown man who would call any one speshally a woman they dont know fat

This is true. It isn't in most men's best interests to make us feel confident about our figures. We might decide we could do better!
  • BuffERRN
    BuffERRN Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    In my book , a women with curves will always catch my attention faster than skinny women... You look amazing! And guy that has called you fat is delusional and needs psychiatric help (and a beating...) Work it!
  • christina0089
    christina0089 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Hourglass is always in...it will never go away. Men like curves. The end!

amen <3

Double amen! I love that I have curves and right now they are hidden by rolls but when more weight comes off I am the picture of hour glass. My waist gets smaller than anything else. I have a butt and thighs that just don't go away! Sometimes its frustrating (think gaping jeans) but I LOVE my shape for the most part and so does my fiancee! :smooched:
  • chellekoren
    chellekoren Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    What you are talking about is media vs. real life. Media definitely portrays the very muscular, very thin girl with no hips but big fake books. I would bet that real life men still prefer a woman who DOESN'T look a lot like themselves with boobs.
  • ShannanRenae
    Options
    HOURGLASS will ALWAYS BE IN!!!!!!!!!!! WE ROCK!
  • LixxiLees
    LixxiLees Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    HOURGLASS will ALWAYS BE IN!!!!!!!!!!! WE ROCK!

Amen!
  • christina0089
    christina0089 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Yes. I guess it better to ask the question than to really wonder. Because in real life I usually don't speak up about weight issues unless among friends or a group of women. And me being a woman and especially not really thin I wonder how many men would really tell me the truth even if I asked them. I guess being called fat by multiple different men (all of whom i was not well acquainted with) doesn't make self-esteem very high.

Fat?!?! Girl you are frickin SEXI! Please have them go get their eyes checked... Geez!:glasses:
  • Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    I believe society has made women desire the Kate Moss look, thinking that that is what beauty is and that that is what men want. In all actuality though I believe men want the hourglass.
  • BoxingCoachMo
    Options
    i agree with the posters above that some women are just not pre disposed to having a curvy figure.

all i can say is i just prefer women to be true to themselves, eat a relatively healthy diet, work out a few times a week and you will be left with a natural looking body.

I do like curvy girls, they are CUTE
  • 2dayirun4me
    2dayirun4me Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I hope its in because that's what I have and there's nothing I can do to change it :smile:
  • BoxingCoachMo
    Options
    I believe society has made women desire the Kate Moss look, thinking that that is what beauty is and that that is what men want. In all actuality though I believe men want the hourglass.

that is true. While some men think women like big muscly guys, in my experience most women prefr a good looking guy with a body which is not too big or too small... it is society making people feel inferior, frankly i do not care about societies views on how we should look.... we can't all look the same!
  • BoxingCoachMo
    Options
    how do i add pictures?
  • dawnagetsfit
    Options
    Most men instinctively desire the hourglass frame; it signals that the woman can birth and nurture their offspring.
  • BodyRockerVT
    BodyRockerVT Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Hourglass will ALWAYS be in. It is natures way of letting a mate know you can birth babies and provide for them.
  • FitqueenT
    FitqueenT Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    What am about pear figures? Lol

To the pp I think you look beautiful. You're far from being fat. Yes hourglass will always be in.
  • kaetra
    kaetra Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    They said on the radio yesterday that more and more women are getting butt implants now because backside curves are the new "in" thing for body shapes.

That sure makes it sound like hourglass is still the thing, but now it's "extreme hourglass". Big butts and big boobs.
  • BoxingCoachMo
    Options
    god things are becoming a joke, implants??

I am glad i don't read these magazines that make people feel so inferior about their bodies that their sole purpose in life is to compete with other women, to look better than other women. Man there is more to life!
  • MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Thick or thin a proportionate hourglass will always be in.

Men are naturally drawn to those child bearing hips. LOL