Is the hourglass still in?

Options

Replies

• cneale91
    cneale91 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    the hour glass to me is gorgeous and the best figure i think a woman can have, full of curves and just beautiful! i would hate to look like a 12 year old boy! erugh its all about the bust waist and hips! xx
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    I remember in high school my best friend's dad explained to us why runway models are so thin. He told us that they needed to be like hangers so people OOOOed at the clothes. A designer doesn't want the audience distracted by the female form.

The men I know and encounter most definitely appreciate curves. The way a woman carries herself, though, is what stands out most.

That is a really interesting way of looking at it. I've never thought of it like that, your friend's dad is a smart man.
  • FitLink
    FitLink Posts: 1,317 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. Random question, aimed towards anyone in general. It seems like during the 1950s the hourglass was the big thing. Now since the dawn of Twiggy and Kate Moss (aka heroin chic) the hourglass seems like a less desirable figure. Perhaps I'm being a bit worrisome. But has the allure of the hourglass faded? And in its place is a thinner leaner ideal? I wonder because it seems even if guys (and girls, it depends on which way you swing) say that they like women with a little wiggle to their walk. Regardless stick thin women with no bust or hips to speak of, seems to get the majority of the attention. (no offense if you have that figure, but many of us don't)

LOL "...dawn of Twiggy..." ?!?

Twiggy "dawned" in the 1960s!

I can't speak for everyone, but I find curves VERY sexy. But then, I find almost all women sexy...
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    I think The human form in all shapes and sizes (healthy that is) is beautiful!

And for every skinny girl there is a guy who digs it and for any curvy girl there is a guy that digs it, for girls that have big tata's and for girls that have lean slick breast there is a man the will dig it, so its all a matter of what you personally like,

I have done the curvy thing I think Im gonna try the lean thing =D my hubby sayd he will love me no matter what even if I lose all my Tata's lol so I think Im gonna go for sleek and lean =D

So what ever shape you are as long as its healthy LOVE IT =D and if your not healthy love your self enough to change =)

THIS! Really well put ^-^ Just look how you want and there will be someone who finds you attractive. Seriously, there really is someone for everyone~

I am naturally more of a petite hourglass...tried the skinny thing...not comfortable feeling my bones...decided to just embrace my natural body type...^^; but I think all healthy body types have the potential to be equally as attractive~

ps: To the OP...you are NOT fat...my gash o-o stranger men telling u that obv have issues..........
  • Shrinkingwoman101
    Options
    Thought of the day. Fighting back is not the best way to handle a situation. It is guarenteed to only make the situation worse. Refusing to fight back is not a sign of weakness; rather, it is a sign of positive moral strength and Self-control. Anybody can raise a fist;it takes more intelligence to think your way out of a situation. Show just how intelligent you are.

I have always had problems with my weight when I turned 15. I haven't seen the curves on me yet. But I know I am getting there and I want to be small agian but I know its going to take me a long time to get my new self back. :bigsmile:
  • Shrinkingwoman101
    Options
    I agree with you I only talk about my weight with people I know and they are on Myfitnesspal
  • Roni_M
    Roni_M Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I remember in high school my best friend's dad explained to us why runway models are so thin. He told us that they needed to be like hangers so people OOOOed at the clothes. A designer doesn't want the audience distracted by the female form.

The men I know and encounter most definitely appreciate curves. The way a woman carries herself, though, is what stands out most.

Your best friends dad is a genius! =)

Most men I know like curves... with one exception (one guy I know prefers small breasts). So I think it's going to vary with the majority prefering curves. Once you get past the initial attraction phase....personality is what keeps a relationship going though! =)
  • Vermilla
    Vermilla Posts: 348
    Options
    Hourglass will ALWAYS be in. It is natures way of letting a mate know you can birth babies and provide for them.

This. I see some women who look exactly like men. No chest, no bum, no difference between waist to hip. They're not ugly, and if that is their thing, more power to them. Personally, the hourglass is what grabs the attention. I think women (ourselves and other women) tend to push the anorexic/heroin look more than the men do. I've been told by a close male friend of mine that if my butt gets any smaller, I'll lose the sexy :laugh:
  • gregavila
    gregavila Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Hourglass is always in...it will never go away. Men like curves. The end!

Yep, Yep.
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    I prefer to NOT go to bed with a pencil. Shape is nice.

JM
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    What you are talking about is media vs. real life. Media definitely portrays the very muscular, very thin girl with no hips but big fake books. I would bet that real life men still prefer a woman who DOESN'T look a lot like themselves with boobs.

Oh dear, because I have a very straight boyish figure, but naturally have big boobs.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Doesn't matter if it's "in" or not... I'm a curvy girl and will always be curvy. These hips don't lie but I love them!! I'm sure there are guys who prefer a more athletic look or a slim woman and if they do, well they're not for me.
  • NeedANewFocus
    NeedANewFocus Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. Random question, aimed towards anyone in general. It seems like during the 1950s the hourglass was the big thing. Now since the dawn of Twiggy and Kate Moss (aka heroin chic) the hourglass seems like a less desirable figure. Perhaps I'm being a bit worrisome. But has the allure of the hourglass faded? And in its place is a thinner leaner ideal? I wonder because it seems even if guys (and girls, it depends on which way you swing) say that they like women with a little wiggle to their walk. Regardless stick thin women with no bust or hips to speak of, seems to get the majority of the attention. (no offense if you have that figure, but many of us don't)

whether it's in or not....i have no idea.....personal preference = YES PLEASE!
    PS....your curves are a sweet piece of candy to the eyes! keep rockin' those curves baby girl!
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    I hope so...

No matter how much weight I lose or how toned up I get...my hips aren't going anywhere.

They are what they are....

And I love them :love:
  • ML0305
    ML0305 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Women with curves are blessed and by no means should feel like they need to lose weight!!! Flaunt what you've got!
  • YouAreTheShit
    YouAreTheShit Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Ummmmm..... YEAH!
  • sinistertitan
    sinistertitan Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    The glass FTW! Any day, any time.
  • 1Timothy4v8
    1Timothy4v8 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I just want to point one other thing out here, I have seen a lot of girls THINK they have an hour glass shape when in fact the don't, curvy doesn't mean hour glass, some woman rock the pear shape, and some woman rock the banna shape,

so just for the record I want to say an Hour glass looks like..... well an hour glass, this mean that your shoulders and your hips are about the same size, and your middle side dips drastically inbetween meeting in the middle

if your shoulders are smaller then your hips then you have a pear shap, if your shoulders are larger then your hips, then your not an hour glass (not sure what that is) but it can be rocked too

so just cause you have curves DOES not mean it is the famed hour glass

also just a side not the girl who made this post you look great, and I have a feeling you know you look great, So I wonder if you created this post with that pic just to get your ego boasted, well I have no problem with that, what I do have a problem with is that you are causing a nagitive out look on the none busty woman, and that is wrong, its not us verses them its all of us being who we are! end rant.....
  • stephm112
    stephm112 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    It had better be or I'm screwed lol
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I hope the hourglass is still "in" because there's nothing I can do about mine without chopping some curves off.