Model With 20 inch Waist

Options
Have you guys seen this? I really didn't even think something like this was anatomically possible. She says mother nature made her that way, but I still find it slightly disturbing.

image.jpg

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/health/model-20-inch-waist-ioana-spangenberg-shocking-appearance-natural-article-1.1017861

Replies

• Heidi64
    Heidi64 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Sorry, but that just looks gross and alien to me. You can tell by her legs and hips that she is just way too skinny.
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    She physically can't put on the weight and has been trying since she hit puberty, which was when her weight plummeted. I guess the good news is that she's put on 5" since then?? She's got to have a health condition, I hope she'll get treatment sometime.

Contrary to what headlines would have you believe, when you read her story it's actually sad. She doesn't actually want to look that way, and she faced ostracism due to her over-thinness growing up.
  • crazybeautifulkittie
    Options
    Great good for her. Now for the rest of the 99.9999999999% of the people that is so not achievable nor is it healthy unless you were "born" into it. Regardless of what the modeling industry said, unless some one has extremely fast metabolism and is naturally thin as a rail, there is always some sort of eating disorder below the surface of each and every model. Most models are like canvas, they are simply to display the designer's clothing. And offer no shape of their own. They like to use different terminology for it, but a horse in a housedress and slippers is still a horse.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Under normal circumstances, I don't think that is possible. With extreme corsetting and persistance, I guess anything can happen.
    It's hard to know why someone would want to make themselves look so very abnormal - I really don't understand it.
  • committomittxoxo
    committomittxoxo Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Omg, this scares me... however, I have this intense desire to dress her up and put her in a pink convertible.. I bet her sister Skipper would look cute in that dress... :)
  • zeeeb
    zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    it looks gross. kind of look like she has ridiculously big hips and butt next to the skinny waist. i'd hate to have my hips stick out that much. must be hard to find clothes that fit.

it looks a bit gross really. would anyone actually try and look like that? because it looks like something went wrong with her body big time.
  • TopazCarey
    Options
    Omg, this scares me... however, I have this intense desire to dress her up and put her in a pink convertible.. I bet her sister Skipper would look cute in that dress... :)

Lmfaooo! Too funny!
  • BillyC96
    BillyC96 Posts: 7,560 Member
    Options
    Not attractive at all.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    Can you imagine what she looks like naked? Poor girl.
  • amaried621
    amaried621 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I saw another picture of her this morning and it is just so gross! At first she tried to say that she eats all of the time but then admitted that she can't eat because her stomach is so small. How can she be a model? Does this really look good, or healthy, to anyone???? I would rather be at my highest weight than look like that!
  • ladybug91254
    ladybug91254 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I saw this too...definitely not attractive. I really feel sorry for her because she said she has some serious body issues. Skinny doesn't necessarily mean well adjusted and lets face it this is just tooooo thin.
  • marbit
    marbit Posts: 108
    Options
    When I read this article I actually felt bad for her, but I don't think of her body image as something that anyone, even the most deluded person would aspire to in terms of their ideal. I think most women would look at this model and see that there is something disproportionate about her. The bigger dangers are the models who are unbelievably skinny (part of the 90s heroine chic look) that are actually on advertisements everywhere.
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Corsetting is a kind of body modification, so if that is her secret, I don't feel comfortable judging her. I mean, I'm modifying my body right now. Yes, a healthy diet and exercise is a bit different than corsetting (once again, assuming that's how she did it), but if she is comfortable with the way she looks, I say "yay for her!"

Now, I did say "Yay for her" with a slight hint of sarcasm, but the sentiment remains.
  • cashnhaydensmama
    cashnhaydensmama Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    She states that it is natural, but if you google her and click on images you will find a lot of pics of her in a corset. You will also find pics of her in a bathing suit and her waist is dramatically larger without the corset. Without the corset I think she looks like every other thin runway model. I feel sad for her that she feels like she needs to contort her body like that.
  • Ralstonk2
    Ralstonk2 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Yeah I was just going to post a blog about this! Glad somebody else did! It's so gross and unreal! She does not look human! That is NOT natural! Nobody should want to be like that even if she says she's tried "fattening up"! How about I give her some of my fat and it'll be a win win for both of us? :)
  • amyofftherecord
    amyofftherecord Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    If this is the result of a natural health issue (which, if you read any articles, it seems to be), then I feel terribly sorry for her, because there are probably complications that come with it -- not to mention people who would hate her for her skinniness or accuse her of trying to maintain that body on purpose. She's certainly making her figurative lemonade. I mean, obviously that's a body that would sell corsets, even if the look wasn't achieved through corseting. I think it's really sad that there are people on this site hating on her for something she can't seem to do anything about just because she's trying to make the best of it.
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Wow... I always wanted an 18 inch waist after watching Gone With the Wind, but after seeing that... well, I think I'd look rather ridiculous even at 20 inches... :blushing:
  • stone307
    Options

Ok this hit me as super funny, sad but funny.
  • QueenJayJay
    QueenJayJay Posts: 1,139
    Options
    This has to be fake.
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options

Haha me too