Massive stomach pains!

Options
I keep getting sharp pains for about 1 minute and then a dull pain for a miniute ,... then nothing for like 10 mins and then the same again.

heres my diet;

it is the same everyday so it is not the food I think;

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/newpersonatuni

I am in good shape ... and work out at least 3 times a week for an hour .. plus daily walks of around an hour.

This pain has come out of nowhere..

I still have an appetite and don't feel sick..

What could it be? I'm really worried !

I eat 7 portions of fruit and veg a day .. I don;t smoke or drink .. so what's happening?

This is the 2nd day btw

Replies

• snowchj
    snowchj Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    No one except your doctor is qualified to answer this. If the pain persists, seek medical advice.
  • paleojamie
    Options
    No one except your doctor is qualified to answer this. If the pain persists, seek medical advice.

I only really want general advice :)
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Do you take any meds or pain relievers? Some can cause ulcers
  • abby12490
    Options
    Ulcer? Hernia?
  • MattGetsMad
    MattGetsMad Posts: 429 Member
    Options

I only really want general advice :)

generally, if the pain persists, you should see a doctor.
  • paleojamie
    Options
    Do you take any meds or pain relievers? Some can cause ulcers

no nothing like that
  • Fubar_Bill
    Fubar_Bill Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Check with your doctor, but if you only just started eating vegetables that frequently, it could take your body a couple of days to adjust.

It is healthy to eat vegetables, but I have experienced some stomach pains when I eat larger portions of vegetables after a long period without.
  • BrandyontheRun
    BrandyontheRun Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I was getting very sharp pains in my lower right abdomen (bottom of rib cage) and pain a little higher up on the left side about 15 mins into my workouts when I first started again. It was miserable pain- I had to stop working out on several occasions. I went to the doc and he said my diaphragm was becoming inflammed as it was not used to working as hard as I was trying to work it. Because it's a muscle, this was normal- this pain was nothing to overly worry about and it gradually went away.
    But I would definitely recommend seeing your doctor for any persisting pain..
  • shorthand73
    shorthand73 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I experienced this a couple of months ago -- really thought something was REALLY wrong! I went to the Dr - ultrasound, bloodwork - revealed nothing. Finally came to the conclusion that it was some type of a virus or something, because it eventually went away on it's own. Took about 6 weeks to completely subside, though. I'd have it checked out -- you never know, and you'd hate to overlook/ignore something serious! Good luck! Feel better soon!
  • hummingbird71
    hummingbird71 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Do you still have your Gal bladder? I would go see doc for sure! You don't want to mess around with "pains you can not explain"-
  • netsirk12
    netsirk12 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Sounds like the issue i had. check your gallbladdar....
  • paleojamie
    Options
    getting worried now! Gallbladder?
  • MattGetsMad
    MattGetsMad Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I've had gall bladder disease and a subsequent Laparoscopic removal of my gall bladder. It sucked. Anyway, what I remember is that eating or drinking anything that had calories at all would set off my incredible pain.

I too sought advice from others for about a week before I decided to see a gastro. Do yourself a favor and go get checked out. We're all basically morons here and we still conclude that you should see a doctor!!!
  • netsirk12
    netsirk12 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    gallbladdar is used to digest foods. I was in pain for 3 months and after multiple tests they determined that was my problem. It can happen right after u eat, workout or on an empty stomach. Honestly it is what kicked me in the butt to lose the weight. I couldnt eat or drink anythign untill I had it removed. Not all probelms are gone but it is alot better. Most people have their gallbladdar removed in their 20's. Easy surgery too!!! You will be in and back home within 5 hours. Ask your doctor to do a couple of tests.
  • katisabanana
    katisabanana Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    that happened to me, and it was a stomach ulcer.
    get it looked at!
  • paleojamie
    Options
    I appreciate your help everyone!

This is really hurting will go to the docs tomorrow!

but I feel like crying with this pain
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    If you feel like crying with pain. You need to see a DR. NOW!
  • paleojamie
    Options
    If you feel like crying with pain. You need to see a DR. NOW!

I'll have to wait til tomorrow now !
  • Ms_Cindyrella
    Ms_Cindyrella Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone., see a doctor.
    Hope its not your gallbladder, if so. no biggy living without one.. been gallbladder free for 4 years.
    And no one knows your body better than you, so I hope your doctor will be able to get you pain free soon.
  • paleojamie
    Options
    could it be the change in brand of oats? ... that's the only thing i've changed!

I went from quaker oats .. to the stores own brand!