What is everyone thinking for Valentines Dinner?

We are foodies in my house and we have switched over to eating clean in the past few months and LOVE it! We both enjoy cooking so its been great to get in the kitchen and make spectacular (humilty is not my strongest virtue) dishes that are healthy. I just found this recipe via pinterest and we generally do make lambchops for special occasions so I think we will be doing

http://www.cleaneatingmag.com/Recipes/Recipe/One-Skillet-Lamb-Chops-with-Pears-Balsamic-Pan-Sauce.aspx

With http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/bobby-flay/toasted-israeli-couscous-salad-with-grilled-summer-vegetables-recipe/index.html

And a few chocolate covered strawberries for dessert. Anyone else have any recipes or ideas they are working/planning on?

Yes, btw...you can be a foodie and eat healthfully. We have been and notice the difference in all facets of our lives now. :)

Replies

• I'm probably just going to order take out and wallow in my single self pity. :D
  • seapard
    seapard Posts: 33 Member
    I would love to do fondue but don't know how I'd make that happen in an even-close-to-healthful way.
  • Probably steaks, a little spinach salad, and toast points with bruschetta and some goat cheese. And wine.
  • christinehetz80
    christinehetz80 Posts: 490 Member
    Probably steaks, a little spinach salad, and toast points with bruschetta and some goat cheese. And wine.

Toast points!!!!!!!! FANTASTIC idea..adding that to my menu!!! Thank you!
  • christinehetz80
    I'm probably just going to order take out and wallow in my single self pity. :D

Single Valentines means a night out with your fabulous girlfriends!!!!!!
  • christinehetz80
    I would love to do fondue but don't know how I'd make that happen in an even-close-to-healthful way.

Yeah you got me there.
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,628 Member
    copious amounts of liquor and chocolate..i may skip real food that day
  • I actually have to work that evening, but my boyfriend is taking me out the next day..we are going to Applebee's for lunch..have you seen their new commercials? I am sure I can order something fairly healthy, although I think Applebees has always done better at those menu options than a lot of restaurants. Also, if we do lunch..cheaper and smaller portions.
    Also talking about taking in an afternoon movie...I need to get a paper this Sunday and see what is playing & where. That works well too because if we eat lunch first, I will be able to resist the popcorn..lol
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Grilled chicken with Thai marinade, quinoa ( instead of rice ), peppers, onions, snow peas in Thai sauce....

Dessert? $ 3 ><
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    I told the fiance I wanted him to cook and have a candlelit dinner. :smooched:

I have no clue what he will be making - but I'm sure it won't be very healthy :laugh:
  • Buca412
    Buca412 Posts: 301 Member
    I'm thinking how much I despise this Hallmark holiday. :grumble:
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    As Valentines day is a tuesday that will be a cardio day so more than likely my dinner will be a protein shake.
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    I have been seeing this guy for maybe 4 weeks, nothing has been said, and to be honest I have no idea if at all we are doing anything. It does fall typically on a our regular date night while his son is with his mom. Who knows anything is possible. If not I will have a protein shake and call it a night lol
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    We are eating clean too! And I'm a total foodie........LOVE to cook! I'm thinking we will have a nice steak (whatever's on sale at the local butcher) topped with a bleu cheese crust. Probably garlic roasted red potatoes and a nice spinach and onion salad too.

And if I'm feeling really decadent, we might do chocolate fondue with marshmallows and strawberries........I know it's sinfully rich and loaded with calories, but Valentine's Day is a special occasion right?
  • sergetns73
    sergetns73 Posts: 172 Member
    I'm probably just going to order take out and wallow in my single self pity. :D

shame on you , cook something at home instead, do yourself a favor
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    A kebab! ^-^
  • khk2010
    khk2010 Posts: 451 Member
    Ohhhh, chocolate 4 sure, prawns, salmon, lobster or maybe steak! Sounds great. Skip the champagne and eat more chocolate. Hmmm, maybe go very light on lunch.
  • ChanyRae
    ChanyRae Posts: 112
    I'm making him lobster and steak!! It's my first time doing a full lobster, hope it turns out well.

And his favourite coconut cake for dinner. In my heart shaped pan....cheesy I know :heart:
  • Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    BJ and a sammich :flowerforyou:
  • sergetns73
    sergetns73 Posts: 172 Member
    copious amounts of liquor and chocolate..i may skip real food that day

valentine is only a crappy day , it is all so commercialized, you dont have to suffer because of it, just say Pass