What is everyone thinking for Valentines Dinner?

Replies

• dramamama7388
    dramamama7388 Posts: 1 Member
    Eh me and the boy might just say eff it and go all out. I am thinking rigatoni with vodka sauce, grilled asparagus and this yummy looking cheesecake stuffed strawberries recipe I found! oh, and copious amount of wine, of course.

I figure as long as I am very careful and mindful the rest of the week, I won't offset myself too terribly.
  • sergetns73
    sergetns73 Posts: 172 Member
    I'm making him lobster and steak!! It's my first time doing a full lobster, hope it turns out well.

And his favourite coconut cake for dinner. In my heart shaped pan....cheesy I know :heart:

sounds yummy

• Awesome, thanks! I was planning on lamb chops but didn't have a recipe! I'll probably be pairing it with super unhealthy cheesy potatoes however :)
  • We always keep it easy, but it always turns out great. Usually we get some lean sirloin steaks and pair it with a couple of our favorite veggies like Asparagus, Sweet Potatoes, Mushrooms, Zucchini, or Spinach.
  • christinehetz80
    christinehetz80 Posts: 490 Member
    I'm thinking how much I despise this Hallmark holiday. :grumble:

hahah...I'm usually not that big on Valentines day either...I had my own floral business so for a few years it was up to my elbows in craziness, but I was watching Pepe Le Pew cartoons and thought Hmmm....I need to get on the Love train. Yes cartoons inspire me.
  • BettyyRoss
    BettyyRoss Posts: 100 Member
    I'm baking my hubby a cake for vday and he's taking me out to dinner.
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,809 Member
    I have German Potato and Bean One Skillet Meal schedule for that night.

Here is the link for those interested http://www.myveggietable.com/2009/12/german-potato-and-bean-one-skillet-meal.html
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    The same things we eat any other day of the week. We don't celebrate.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Hmmm, it'll be our first married one, and he's recovering from heart surgery, so I will have a look through some heart-healthy cookery books for inspiration.

I've just this evening made a wonderful dessert - pears poached in white wine with cinnamon, cloves and a handful of coffee beans! Absolutely delicious,I might well serve that with some natural yoghurt or good ice cream.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    We are foodies in my house and we have switched over to eating clean in the past few months and LOVE it! We both enjoy cooking so its been great to get in the kitchen and make spectacular (humilty is not my strongest virtue) dishes that are healthy. I just found this recipe via pinterest and we generally do make lambchops for special occasions so I think we will be doing

http://www.cleaneatingmag.com/Recipes/Recipe/One-Skillet-Lamb-Chops-with-Pears-Balsamic-Pan-Sauce.aspx

With http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/bobby-flay/toasted-israeli-couscous-salad-with-grilled-summer-vegetables-recipe/index.html

And a few chocolate covered strawberries for dessert. Anyone else have any recipes or ideas they are working/planning on?

Yes, btw...you can be a foodie and eat healthfully. We have been and notice the difference in all facets of our lives now. :)

T-bones and shrimp grilled with veggies and salad. I will be making some home made rolls and a baked potato for my hubby.
  • Going to have a splurge and get pizza in, hopefully won't throw my weight loss off too much. But I'm going to bake him some heart shaped treats and then insist they're his so no dessert :D
  • Melyssaks
    Melyssaks Posts: 69 Member
    My boyfriend and I don't live in the same time so we're celebrating the weekend before. We're going out to dinner at an Italian place. I'm sure it's going to be hard to be healthy but we got a great discount for a coupon at restaurants.com so we thought we would give it a try. I'm thinking of going with chicken with salad on the side so hopefully staying within my calorie limit. The free rolls are always my downside though,....why do they have to be so darn tasty :(
  • christinehetz80
    Ohhhh, chocolate 4 sure, prawns, salmon, lobster or maybe steak! Sounds great. Skip the champagne and eat more chocolate. Hmmm, maybe go very light on lunch.

I like how you think...I'm sure the hubby will have a decadent red wine...but I want to eat my calories. haha!

Congrats and happy that he made it thru his surgery well Melaniecheeks PLEASE share this recipe...that sounds AMAZING!!!!
  • AlbertPooHoles
    AlbertPooHoles Posts: 530 Member
    Heart-shaped pizza from the $5 pizza place.

I'm a hopeless romantic.
  • christinehetz80
    Oooh for you pizza lovers...I've started making my own whole wheat pizza dough its soooo easy and I dont' have a mixer. I also foudn a recipe for cauliflower pizza crust that I'll be trying soon from www.perrysplate.com
  • Lorleee
    Lorleee Posts: 369 Member
    We're going to The Keg. I will have the smallest cut of steak and just veggies on the side, no potatoes or rice.

And I'm saving my weekly sweet treat for their yummy creme brulee.
  • ChanyRae
    ChanyRae Posts: 112
    We're going to The Keg. I will have the smallest cut of steak and just veggies on the side, no potatoes or rice.

I worked as a cook at The Keg for 5 years! The rice is sooo unhealthy, tons of butter in it! LOL But delicious!

Enjoy! It's still one of my favourite restaurants.....I dont miss having to work there on V-day tho....craziness!
  • kristelpoole
    kristelpoole Posts: 440 Member
    I would love to do fondue but don't know how I'd make that happen in an even-close-to-healthful way.

Vegetarian Times just did an article on healthy fondues in one of their recent issues - maybe you can find it online!
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Thinking it will be like any other dinner b/c I'll probably be alone this Valentine's Day....AGAIN! :sad: :brokenheart: Thanks for the reminder! :grumble:
  • sergetns73
    sergetns73 Posts: 172 Member

I worked as a cook at The Keg for 5 years! The rice is sooo unhealthy, tons of butter in it! LOL But delicious!

Enjoy! It's still one of my favourite restaurants.....I dont miss having to work there on V-day tho....craziness!

hello , about the Keg is it still 18 + dollars for a stupid small piece of steak ?