Question: Did your style change when you reached your goal?

Options
jadedone
jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
I was just mulling this over? I know for many people when they start their weight loss journey, one of the things they look forward to most is getting new clothing at the end, and wearing stuff they weren't comfortable in when they were heavier. So for all you successes out there, did your style change when you go to goal? How did you start dressing differently, and what was the first thing you couldn't wait to wear?

Replies

• Ephena
    Ephena Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I haven't reached my goal yet but as I've lost weight my style has changed some. There are a few things I was never comfortable in before that I feel I can now wear. Like skinny jeans, cami style tank tops, dresses, leggings with a tunic (so 80s I know but I like them). Some things (like short skirts) I'm waiting to wear until I reach my goal.
  • mzjandiace
    Options
    I buy more high heels now!
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    When I reach my goal weight I'll be wearing a bikini all day every day.

Just kidding, (kind of )...

I do suspect I'll be more willing to take risks with fashion since I won't be trying to cover up my thighs or wondering if I'll have muffin top or whatever. I have 3 Victoria's Secret bikini's picked out in my goal size for that day I reach my final goal :)
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I am totally waiting to lose the weight so that I can wear things I was unable to wear before. For some reason clothes designers believe in a negative correlation between style and size...as size goes up, style goes down :angry: So my first purchase at goal are a pair of knee high boots!!! :love:
  • VanillaBone
    VanillaBone Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I gave up jeans on my way up...Started wearing nothing but ankle-length skirts; I told myself it was because I liked them. Now that I'm nearing my goal, I find myself buying jeans again, and I'm even thinking about a pair of shorts. I haven't worn shorts in YEARS.
  • shellbell525
    Options
    I'm not at my goal yet but I definitely lean more towards more colorful/ standout clothes where as before i started this whole journey i was more cautious with color and tended to stay with neutrals.
  • ClareB1974
    ClareB1974 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Definitely - when I was thinner before, I still only really wore jeans and t shirts, albeit more fitted ones! Now, I'm erring very much towards the fifties and I have several dresses next size down just waiting for me, and I'm thinking cute blouses and capri pants for the summer. I don't know if it's the change in my size, or getting older, but I am going so much more feminine with how I dress it's almost scary!
  • shariTN
    Options
    Totally, I get to share clothes with my 3 teenage girls now. Of course, I don't wear some of their really young looking stuff, but they have a lot of things I can borrow.
  • Scarlett_S
    Scarlett_S Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Yes! I never wore jeans before and I wear tight ones now when I go out. I wouldn't wear tight workout clothes, even yoga pants, before, and now I do. Shorter dresses and skirts although I am still not too too comfortable way above the knee - just an inch or two. I wear tank tops and tighter sweaters now. (I keep saying "tight" -- not super tight, just closer fitting than the baggy stuff I wore for fifteen years.)

Still not comfortable at all in any type of bathing suit because I hate my thighs, but nothing but surgery will change that, so I'll just have to suck it up and wear a cover up of some type.
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I just started wearing all of the clothes I used to love wearing, but shied away from when I was heavier than I wanted to be.

I do like to rock little tiny dresses now when I have an appropriate occassion though :)
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    Yes it has. I can wear skinny jeans comfortably with some nice spiky boots. I also wear shirts that dont cover my butt and thighs..but stop at the waist. I actually shop for s/m tops rather than L/XL tops ..i want to show off my hard work..rather than covering myself up pre-weight loss
  • rharris86dc
    rharris86dc Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    My style definitely has changed, and I think it's a mix of having lost weight as well as living in a new city and finding that the style here is very different than in Michigan, lol.

I love pencil skirts, now. Actually, skirts in general, lol. I used to be scared that a pencil skirt would be too form fitting and show off everything that I was trying to hide, but now that I am smaller, I love when I get to dress up!

I've also recently bought a pair of skinny jeans, which I would only wear before to tuck into my snow boots. And straight leg pants. Used to only buy the super flare style to "balance out" my huge thighs.

I'm finding that I am more into the classic style clothes, that don't really go out of style, though, so I can spend a little more on things that I know will last a really long time. I used to hate shopping, now I can't seem to stop, lol
  • khk2010
    khk2010 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I always dressed to cover up my body. Long skirts, over sized tops and sweaters. Now I prefer shorter skirts, more fitted tops and skinny jeans. I got a pair of high boots this winter and have really enjoyed wearing them. (they fit my now slimmer claves!) Still have a ways to go. Next goal is to whittle my muffin top so I can actually tuck in a top!
  • fguillory
    Options
    when I get down to my goal weight. I'll be able to wear the clothes I want. I fancy myself a 1950's pin up girl. I love the retro look so that is probably how i'll dress
  • psiren28
    psiren28 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I'm not quite at goal yet but I'm at a weight where I don't feel hideous in shorts and short skirts. I would never have worn them when I was heavier.
    My style hasn't changed all that much, I still like the same stuff, I can just wear more of it now :)
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I kept thinking I was going to suddenly get a sense of style and fashion, but nah, I still dress like a schlep.
  • Marlys101
    Options
    Definitely....wear my daughter's clothes and have bought many cute dresses that I wouldn't have thought of wearing before ...have fun with it!!!!
    Marlys
  • basschick
    basschick Posts: 3,502 Member
    Options
    I wear more form fitting clothing that shows off my figure. When I was heavy, I used to hide under baggy clothes. I also wear bolder colors and more patterns. It's nice to look at an outfit and not have to think "Is this going to make me look fat?"
  • AlbertPooHoles
    AlbertPooHoles Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Wearing more patent leather and lace.
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Nope, I still dress like a homeless boy.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!