Question: Did your style change when you reached your goal?

Options

Replies

• killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Here's a new little number I wore out the other night:
    WEIRD_FASHION_10.jpg
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I am not at my goal. But I find that I'm wearing pants more now than I ever have before. I've always been ashamed of my legs, but now not so much.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I already dress a bit trendy and fashionable .. I don't think my style will change, I'll just be buying smaller things.

... well, I'll probably end up in more terrycloth jumpsuits and flowy blouses, but that's because I fancy myself a grandma living in Florida.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    WEIRD_FASHION_10.jpg

In the words of Paris....That's hot.
  • alaska11
    alaska11 Posts: 151
    Options
    I am finding I'm more comfortable wearing shirts that are a little tighter across my stomach. I am learning that shirts that have a little shape are much more flattering than big baggy shirts.
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    Yes. It is hard to find cute clothes in a XXXL....... But as I am shrinking, I am finding stuff that I liked when I was bigger, but couldnt get. I am loving the whole wearing dresses and heels thing. I wear a lot more form fitting stuff and buy a LOT more lingerie....... Nobody is sexy in fishnets at 300+ lbs.
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    WEIRD_FASHION_10.jpg

Did you crochet the little shrug top yourself? Does it second as a tea cozy?
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    WEIRD_FASHION_10.jpg

Oh...... that is HOT!!!!!
  • sylvuz323
    sylvuz323 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I don't think my style changed, but I was definitely thrilled when my calves could fit into a pair of knee high boots without having to purchase extra wide shaft boots. So the extra wide ones are no longer part of my boot collection and I own about 10 pairs of boots. High heels are also comfortable again.
  • DestinyDarbi
    DestinyDarbi Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I went out and bought my first EVER pair of skinny jeans!!!!! I wear tighter clothes now and I don't try to just cover up with sweat shirts and jogging pants all the time. I even fix my hair sometimes :wink:
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options

Actually my mom made it for me. I'm starting to think you're making fun of my new outfit. :sad:
  • oh_mg
    oh_mg Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I didn't really have a style before ... at that size, I bought whatever fit, which usually meant just plain jeans and a solid color tee-shirt (which I always hid under a big sweatshirt). So now that I have more options, it's nice to explore a bit and develop my sense of style without many restrictions!
  • RBXChas
    Options
    Yes, in a sense.

I have the same "style" in that I tend to dress in a pretty basic sense, nothing too fancy. I guess I've always been the kind of person who owns a lot of basics that carry over from season to season. I've never been into the fad-type clothing that I know I won't want to wear in a year.

So my style hasn't changed - however, my choices within my style have. I am more likely to wear shorter skirts/dresses than I was before, even when I was thinner. Because I've been working out so often (and so hard), I am really proud of my legs. I always hated my legs before, regardless of my weight.

I think I wear my clothes differently now, too. I just have more confidence but in a way that says I know I look good in what I'm wearing so I don't give a *kitten* what anyone else thinks. For example, I am home today but am going Spinning later, so I've been in workout clothes since about 10AM. On the bottom, I'm wearing tight capri pants that leave little to the imagination. Yet I ran to the supermarket for a few things without even thinking twice about it. I'd have never done that before.

The one thing I *haven't* done is bought a "goal" outfit. My goal is 135 pounds (a little more than 20 lbs away), but I'm not really sure. My body shape has changed so much due to exercise, and I don't know if that'll be too light or too heavy. I also have no idea what size I'd be at goal. I figure I'll cross that bridge when I get to it :smile:
  • Becky1971
    Becky1971 Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Yup! I no longer hide in baggy sweats and tshirts. : )
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Everything I chose before was carefully selected to hide all rolls, and NOT touch my waist. I loved empire waist-shaped tops, dresses, everything. I appeared pregnant all the time, I'm sure.

Now I am so proud and happy to show off my figure, I want everything tailored, fitted.

I used to hate my arms, so I would never choose anything without sleeves. And anything with a gathered sleeve, or cap sleeve shape, was a disaster.

Now I love cute little sleeves like that, and I feel totally fine in spaghetti straps. I even chose a one-strap dress for my anniversary, which is something I would NEVER have chosen, even if it did come in my size.

I've always liked the style I now have, I just couldn't/wouldn't wear it. Now I can wear whatever I like. It's a wonderful feeling :bigsmile:
  • MissO﹠A
    MissO﹠A Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Dresses and skirts have returned to the closet. For the most part, my everyday look has stayed the same.
  • RBXChas
    Options

Actually my mom made it for me. I'm starting to think you're making fun of my new outfit. :sad:

No, I like it. The mosquito netting is a nice touch, too. Your mom is making sure you don't get malaria or West Nile :wink:
  • AlbertPooHoles
    AlbertPooHoles Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Def showing more boobage now too.
  • lealea_803
    Options
    I ABSOLUTELY can not wait for the day that I can wear a pair of shorts and not have them ride up on the inside of mt thighs! Ughhh!! It's so annoying and hopefully I won't have to deal with that this summer! :)
  • HartJames
    HartJames Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    I actually used to dress a lot sexier when I went out, other than that- the same.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!