HOSTON FATTEST CITY IN AMERICA! WHERE DOES YOUR CITY RANK?

Options

Replies

• jennifer282000
    jennifer282000 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    <--Tampa FL..I didn't know that we were in the top 10...ouch
  • starsnyc21
    starsnyc21 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I'm surprise Chicago didn't make the list of the fattest cities. By far we have the best food. I moved from Chicago and dropped 20lbs right away.
  • jwhit31
    jwhit31 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    VEGAS BABY!!!! Yep, I'm in a fatty city. I'm sure you can imagine why it is what it is. :drinker:
  • kappyd
    kappyd Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Go Minneapolis
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    I live just outside of Los Angeles (Pasadena) and I guess based on proximity I live in the 9th fattest.

My city is lovely though. Lots of runners, bikers and mostly fit residents.

I do miss Portland though. We didn't need our car at all when we lived there.
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    Whoo! Seattle, WA
  • bshedwick
    bshedwick Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Oh geez Baltimore...can't say I disagree though.

Yeah. The surrounding area is just as bad.
  • star4liberty
    Options
    I don't know about the Cities in West Forgotten By Santa Virginia but there are sure alot of fat people in this state. I just don't want to be one of them.
  • janetsnakehole
    janetsnakehole Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm from Louisville which is right there in the fattest list, woo! I'm moving back home in May so hopefully when I return I'll be fit and I can get the city into shape. ;)
  • lauehorn
    lauehorn Posts: 183
    Options
    I live in Houston (like, actually IN Houston - inside the Loop) and there are lots of active folks. Just go down Memorial or along the Bayous. The farther out of the city you get, the more Houston lives up to that statistic. Though I won't argue that, in generally, we are not biker/walker friendly in that you must have a car here to get anywhere, but to be fair... who wants to walk anywhere when it's 100 degrees + 100% humidity?
  • rubybeach
    rubybeach Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Portlandia! Glad we were noticed for something other than being weirdos ;)
  • CalJur
    CalJur Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    The Bay Area rules baby as fittest metropolitan area in the nation: #2 San Francisco, #4 Oakland, and #14 San Jose. Special shout out to my hometown #17 Milwaukee. Sin City what's up with #6 fattest city in the nation? That's ok cause I still got mad love for all things Vegas. Los Angeles I ain't mad at ya either! L.A. is the city that allegedly has the most sex: 135 times a year!!!!
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Albuquerque, New Mexico represent! :)

My sister lives in Albuquerque and she is a fitness fiend. I do it because I have to. She actually loves it. :laugh:
  • StrongGwen
    StrongGwen Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    maybe i'll just move to houston so i'll seem thinner by comparison.
    Or move to ANY place in Miss. It's the fattest state! We also have the most obese kids-- our fat kids can beat Houston's fat kids I bet! :laugh:
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    No city in MS? That's odd.. surely we're the fattest state in the country, but not have a fattest city? Hmm, they must do it per capita or something.

Edit:

Oh nevermind, just looked at it again. Jackson, MS #3. That makes more sense.
  • Apryl546
    Apryl546 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Woo for Minneapolis!

Even though I live half an hour north from that gorgeous city.
  • mncardiojunkie
    mncardiojunkie Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Woo for Minneapolis!

Even though I live half an hour north from that gorgeous city.

I'm surprised that we are 10th. I'd love to see those other cities. I live in a typical area in The Cities and within 1 block of 25 miles of bike trails just for this area and a rock climbing falls area and riding and walk/run paths around two nearby lakes (less than a mile away, both.)

Wonder what other fit cities have...I bet they have wonderful bike trails and greenways! :love:
  • supersourbubble
    Options
    SAN DIEGO!! :heart:
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    Options
    Oh snap! If I read correctly, my city wasn't on the list (Birmingham, Al.). That makes me slightly happy.. considering at one time we were almost Numbah 1 for highest crime rate... (not proud of that at all), and in a recent paper we were listed as having the most unhealthy women in the U.S. of A. (Again, not gloating or proud of that).