• LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Yay if you want to look better naked. :happy:
  • MyFeistyEvolution
    MyFeistyEvolution Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Yay.

Not eating them can create a bigger deficit and actually stall your weightloss. If you're moving that body, it needs fuel!
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Yay - whether you're hungry or not, you need them or at least a majority of them. :)
  • elliek968
    Options
    I say nay, unless you are hungry. I am losing every week.

13810850.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • dixiech1ck
    dixiech1ck Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    YES YES and YES. At least eat half of them back. You are burning throughout the day PLUS your extra exercise calories. Therefore, in order to LOSE weight, you have to take in more (also, think about how you lose weight... your body needs to burn, to take in nutrients and remove waste... it makes total sense).

If you do not eat back your exercise calories, your body will go into starvation mode and will start burning through muscle, not fat, therefore making you gain weight. I didn't believe this either, but since I've bumped my calories to 1500, including half the exercise calories, I've been losing steadily. Most people say no because they have no knowledge of the "take in, release" aspect of watching your calories. They think that because you need to lose weight, there's no way you should be eating those calories back. Those are the people who sit in plateau's or don't lose much in a month. You'll see a difference, trust us.
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Dependent on how you have your MFP set up is the real answer. If all the weight is lost doing activities then NO, if you have a diet deficit AND a calorie burn deficit then that's up to you.

Sorry you don't want to have to think. I know it can be difficult.
  • tinksmommy2006
    Options
    Yay if you're hungry
    Nay if you're not.
    ^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^
  • degausspdx
    degausspdx Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    As long as net calories after the burn are not under 1200 per day.

Lets just say deficit is the goal but too much deficit can cause other issues metabolically..
  • bstoetzer
    Options
    Definitely YES!!!
  • jessieo387
    jessieo387 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You should eat them, up to a point. You can leave some depending on what you set your deficit to be. I struggled with this a lot when I started and my weight loss stalled - even gained some.

If you have your deficit set to lose 1.5 lbs/ week you can eat all but 250 of them without stalling
    If you have your deficit set to lose 1lb/week you can eat all but 500 without stalling
    If you have your deifict set to lose 2lbs/week you need to eat them all

these numbers come from 2lbs/week being the safest max weight loss per week. If you leave on those amounts your weight loss should stop but could increase a little, eating any less than that could result in a stalling or weight gain.
  • o_delaisse
    o_delaisse Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Only if you know how many cals you burned. MFP does NOT give an accurate estimate of cals burned with exercise, it's so far off they shouldn't be doing it. It's a joke. If you're using one of those HRMs or something then (if you want to) eat them back. I personally don't, but if I ever feel I need to I would.
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    yes; but don't overestimate your exercise calories.
  • hazev74
    hazev74 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    yay yay yay
  • Akijade
    Akijade Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Yes.
  • cigarzzz
    Options
    No.
  • DIANEBC26
    Options
    I will eat half of them . But if i eat more than half i find i either maintain or gain.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    I haven't been eating them and I GAINED weight....so I have no idea.

might be why you gain weight....try eating them, it worked for me....
  • Aperture_Science
    Aperture_Science Posts: 840 Member
    Options

Oh good, I guess it was worth renewing the domain name for 1 more year :)

Take out a lifetime lease, this one is going to run till we're partying like it's 2999.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    yay if i didn't i'd be starving!
  • Mom0fTwo
    Mom0fTwo Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    mfp already puts you at a deficit so, yay, if you find you gain a little at first, it is just your metabolism adjusting, then it will start losing :wink: