Favourite way to eat fish?

Options

Replies

• hbkanumalla
    hbkanumalla Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm on the fence, so I'll post my two favorite ways:

1. Sushi - Tuna, Salmon...willing to always try almost anything at least once (as long as it isn't too deep fried) from a good sushi place.

2. Salmon - Baked at a high heat with some olive oil and pepper on top (~400 degrees for 13-15 minutes)....yum!
  • beautifulnovember
    Options
    Salmon - Sashimi (raw...make sure it's sushi grade)
    Salmon - Steamed with shytaki mushrooms, a little bit of ginger, a little bit of soy sauce. (yes I know the mushroom was spelled incorrectly but it's getting censored with *** so I mispelled it)
  • todaysanewday
    Options
    cod or salmon. baked. with tzatziki on the side. YUM!
  • Lrt4uk
    Lrt4uk Posts: 174
    Options
    I gotta say, my favorite is Catfish, if cleaned properly, breaded with cornmeal/flower mix and fried. Not the most healthy of options.

What can I say....
    :bigsmile:
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    favorite, honestly, is straight out of the river and onto a campfire. preferably salmon or, at the right time of the year, whitefish. garlic, butter and let it go. so good.
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    I like all sorts of fish. Tuna, shrimp, salmon. They all mostly taste the same to me. I'll either eat them the way they are, or cooked, grilled, whatever I'll eat it. I like fish :)
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    Favorite way to eat fish: Sushi

Favorite Fish: Tuna, Salmon, Flounder, Tilapia, Swordfish

That's what I was going to say. "With Chopsticks." :heart:

Salmon, tuna and eel are my favorites.
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    Sashimi!!!!
  • jennifer282000
    jennifer282000 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    my daddy could fry up some mean grouper and snook...
  • lilchicksta94
    lilchicksta94 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I love all fish... white fish, salmon, tilapia, swordfish, shellfish.... I love bacala (it's an Italian cod dish). You can make scrod pizzaiola which really isnt that fattening. Just steam it in a pan with a tsp of olive oil and a tad bit of water on each side for a minute and then add crushed tomatoes, capers, a little bit of salt, pepper (red pepper flakes if you like a lil spice) and you can serve it over brown rice. Delish! I also love poached salmon. Grilled swordfish... brush a lil EVOO on each side and when it's almost done you can add a lil bleu cheese or gorgonzola on top and melt it if you have the extra calories left over :-) Everything in moderation is my motto!
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I like salmon, trout, and halibut the most I think.

Since salmon is so east to get and cheaper than halibut, I generally make it like the following:

1. Cover with a spice blend (cajun seasoning, cumin/coriander/cayenne/salt/pepper are my faves)
    2. Sear in a hot pan over medium heat on both sides
    3. Finish with lemon, lime, chimichurri or mango salsa (or vinegar)

I think tilapia tastes funny, so I try not to eat it. I don't like catfish either. Most other fish works for me. I don't like shellfish though
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    I like salmon, halibut, cod and shrimp. I love putting shrimp in stir fry with whatever veg is on hand. Made mango curry shrimp the other nite. For fish, i either put a few tsps of salsa or some lemon juice and pepper and bake til yummy.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    sashimi
  • emilynicole02
    emilynicole02 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    bump. thanks yall! :)
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    taco?
  • AlbertPooHoles
    AlbertPooHoles Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    taco?
    Yes! Close second: ceviche.

A good, economical, easy-to-find, non-fishy-tasting fish? Swai.
  • tessa022707
    tessa022707 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I love every fish except....Salmon! My newest find is Trader Joes soy ginger marinated wild cod....so yummy baked! Steamed broccoli and WHole Wheat pasta ....dinner tonight!
  • marsellient
    marsellient Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Salmon fillet rubbed with mild curry paste and barbecued, served over a bed of greens with a balsamic dressing and scattered with green onions...may sound strange, but is really delicious.
  • YouAreTheShit
    YouAreTheShit Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Fish tacos are my favorite!

Cod is the best but I've had tilapia and it's good too.
  • SaraTN
    SaraTN Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I just started making this miso glazed salmon -- which works well on a variety of other fish as well... talapia, cod, tuna, halibut, etc.

•Vegetable oil, for coating the aluminum foil
    •1/2 cup mirin
    •1/2 cup red miso paste
    •1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
    •1/4 cup soy sauce
    •2 tablespoons peeled and grated fresh ginger (from about a 2-inch piece)
    •1 salmon side (about 3 1/2 pounds), skin on and pin bones removed
    •2 medium scallions, thinly sliced (white and light green parts only)
    •2 teaspoons white sesame seeds, toasted

INSTRUCTIONS

Heat the oven to broil and arrange a rack in the middle. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil and coat with vegetable oil; set aside.

Whisk the mirin, miso, brown sugar, soy sauce, and ginger in a medium bowl until combined. Reserve 1/3 cup of the miso mixture in a small bowl; set aside.

Rinse the salmon under cold running water, pat dry with paper towels, and place on the baking sheet skin-side down. Using a sharp knife, score the salmon with parallel 1/4-inch-deep diagonal cuts spaced 2 inches apart. Brush the salmon with all of the reserved 1/3 cup miso mixture. (If the side of salmon is longer than the baking sheet, tuck the tail end of the fish under itself after the miso mixture has been applied.) Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.

Set a small fine-mesh strainer over a small bowl and strain the remaining miso mixture. Discard the solids and set the strained sauce aside.

Remove the fish from the refrigerator and discard the plastic wrap. Broil the salmon on the baking sheet, rotating once or twice, until it’s just opaque in the center and a golden brown crust has formed, about 10 to 12 minutes.

Remove from the oven, transfer to a serving platter, and sprinkle with the scallions and sesame seeds. Serve immediately, passing the strained sauce.