¼ tsp pepper

1 cup chopped onion

½ cup chopped mushrooms

14.5 oz can crushed tomatoes, or tomato sauce

2 cloves garlic, minced

3 tsp dried oregano, divided

½ tsp dried basil

1 ½ cups part skim ricotta cheese

24 small square wonton wrappers (the kind near the tofu in the refrigerated section of the produce dept)

1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese

Preheat oven to 375ºF. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the turkey, onions, mushrooms, salt, and pepper. Crumble the meat and saute the mixture for about 10 minutes, or until the turkey is cooked through. Add the garlic and stir constantly for 30 seconds.

Add the crushed tomatoes and 2 tsp of oregano. Bring the pan to a gentle boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.

In a large bowl, combine the ricotta, a pinch of salt and pepper, the remaining teaspoon of oregano, and the basil. Stir to mix well. Set aside.

Coat a 12-cup muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray. Place 1 wonton wrapper into each of the 12 cups, pressing firmly in the bottom of the cup and up the sides.

Using half of the ricotta mixture, divide it among the 12 muffin cups. Next, using half of the turkey tomato sauce, spoon it evenly over each of the ricotta filled cups. Sprinkle with 2 tsp of mozzarella.

Gently press another wonton wrapper on top of the mozzarella layer.

Repeat the process by distributing the remaining ricotta, then the remaining tomato sauce, and finally the rest of the shredded mozzarella.

Bake for 10 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.

Let the cups cool, remove them from the pan, and serve!

**Nutrition Info for 1 petite lasagna:
Calories: 181.2, Total Fat: 7.9g, Cholesterol: 41.9mg, Sodium: 389.5mg, Total Carb: 13.6g, Fiber: 1 g, Sugars: 1.6g, Protein 14.1g

Courtesy of canyoustayfordinner.com

Replies

• setter928
    setter928 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    THAT looks SOOOO YUMMY!
  • BlaireV
    BlaireV Posts: 137
    Options
    They look delicious! I'm going to try them this weekend. Thank you for sharing! :)
  • Bean615
    Bean615 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MrsObundles
    MrsObundles Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    yummy!
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    I actually replace ricotta with tofu in my lasagna and it cuts the calories in half. I just season it up with some herbs and a tablespoon of low calorie Italian dressing. It it actually good and most people do not even notice it is in there until I tell them.
  • leanmachinedream
    Options
    I make this often and they are very, very good.
  • djcon
    djcon Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Caprica33
    Caprica33 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • butterflykoffee
    butterflykoffee Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    These look delicious! Do you suppose you could freeze them for a quick lunch?
  • MadeToCraveHIM
    MadeToCraveHIM Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • meemo88
    meemo88 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • sk2775
    sk2775 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    THis looks totally delish. Can't wait to try it.
  • jeccalou
    jeccalou Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I actually replace ricotta with tofu in my lasagna and it cuts the calories in half. I just season it up with some herbs and a tablespoon of low calorie Italian dressing. It it actually good and most people do not even notice it is in there until I tell them.
    That sounds good. What firmness do you use?
  • Booner17
    Booner17 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    That sounds good. What firmness do you use?

I use medium firm but paddle it with my Kitchen Aid mixer, I also add some fat free cottage cheese to the mixture as well. My sister in law uses soft tofu, but I like my mixture to be firmer rather than soft. I typically will make a big pan of it and cut it into serving sizes and freeze most of it. I was using Morning Star Farms sausage crumbles but since they discontinued them, I guess I will have to either cut up the patties or use the light life sausage.
  • rawcash2012
    Options
    I saw these the other day and meant to pin it. Thanks for sharing!
  • paulamhunt
    paulamhunt Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • k8eb3ll3
    k8eb3ll3 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    BUMP!
  • brismom070897
    brismom070897 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    bump
  • NYChick84
    NYChick84 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    That does look delish!!!!
    Found a good one! Haven't tried these yet, but they look DELISH! Enjoy! :smile:

5135637175_1cfaf3f8dc_z1.jpg

Ingredients:

(makes 12)

12 oz raw ground turkey

¼ tsp salt, divided

¼ tsp pepper

1 cup chopped onion

½ cup chopped mushrooms

14.5 oz can crushed tomatoes, or tomato sauce

2 cloves garlic, minced

3 tsp dried oregano, divided

½ tsp dried basil

1 ½ cups part skim ricotta cheese

24 small square wonton wrappers (the kind near the tofu in the refrigerated section of the produce dept)

1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese

Preheat oven to 375ºF. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the turkey, onions, mushrooms, salt, and pepper. Crumble the meat and saute the mixture for about 10 minutes, or until the turkey is cooked through. Add the garlic and stir constantly for 30 seconds.

Add the crushed tomatoes and 2 tsp of oregano. Bring the pan to a gentle boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.

In a large bowl, combine the ricotta, a pinch of salt and pepper, the remaining teaspoon of oregano, and the basil. Stir to mix well. Set aside.

Coat a 12-cup muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray. Place 1 wonton wrapper into each of the 12 cups, pressing firmly in the bottom of the cup and up the sides.

Using half of the ricotta mixture, divide it among the 12 muffin cups. Next, using half of the turkey tomato sauce, spoon it evenly over each of the ricotta filled cups. Sprinkle with 2 tsp of mozzarella.

Gently press another wonton wrapper on top of the mozzarella layer.

Repeat the process by distributing the remaining ricotta, then the remaining tomato sauce, and finally the rest of the shredded mozzarella.

Bake for 10 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.

Let the cups cool, remove them from the pan, and serve!

**Nutrition Info for 1 petite lasagna:
    Calories: 181.2, Total Fat: 7.9g, Cholesterol: 41.9mg, Sodium: 389.5mg, Total Carb: 13.6g, Fiber: 1 g, Sugars: 1.6g, Protein 14.1g

Courtesy of canyoustayfordinner.com