You guys have plans for Lent?

Options
ArroganceInStep
ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
I'm thinking of giving up Peanut Butter but...well I simply don't know if I'm strong enough to do that.

I gave up smoking and drinking one year, and compared to this that seems like nothing...yeah I've got problems =).

So what, if anything, do you guys have planned?

Replies

• Wysawyg
    Wysawyg Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm planning to give up meat. Mainly to encourage myself to do more diverse recipes rather than relying on the meat to make the meal.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    LENT! 2 weeks away, so here is what I am giving up: self control, abstinence, & sobriety in addition to speaking to people I don't like.

And tofu.... :devil:

Shouldn't be too difficult.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna clean it out of my dryer and my belly button.
  • Lotte34
    Lotte34 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I am not a religious one so don't really do lent however giving up meat sounds like a good healthy plan, i might try that for lent
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    I may actually give up alcohol. I'll continue to make it, but I may give up drinking it for a bit. Seems it sabotages my weight loss!

JM
  • daisydieter
    Options
    I'm not particularly religious... more spiritual and chose my particular faith because I love the traditions and rituals... like Lent. I've been following a pretty strict diet this past month to jumpstart my diet (Gluten-free, vegan with no alcohol and very limited added sweeteners be it sugar or artificial).

One of the things I've been missing, in part of a social thing is girly-drink night with my girlfriends. We were getting together once or twice a week to make all sorts of high calorie vodka based martinis like "Lemon Meringue Pie" or "Birthday Cake". Given I've already been missing these (and they're not good for me)... I think for Lent I will give this up for 40 days.
  • Wysawyg
    Wysawyg Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm not religious either. Lent is just a good size time period to try out your willpower. I usually give up chocolate but I can do that fairly easily now so it's not a challenge!
  • fitzie63
    fitzie63 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Yes, it IS almost here. I'll be having a lot more fish.
  • mhankosk
    mhankosk Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    To those thinking of giving up meat: I did that once. I actually gained weight but it was because all I ate was pasta and baked potatoes! HAHA!

I'm thinking I might try giving up alcohol. I have significantly reduced my intake over the past couple months, but I think it would be a neat challenge.
  • Wendi_S
    Wendi_S Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I don't believe in all that religious psycho babble- but I did come up with some ideas anyway.......

1 .I could give up shopping- or not! It's supposed to be a sacrifice not a death sentence, right? Besides, Target and my credit card company would think something horrible had happened to me! Why put them through unneeded stress and worry....

2. Video games maybe- but what would my life be like without killing a bunch of my friends on the battlefield? Boring!

3. I could give up swearing but that would be too easy since I don't ever swear now- better yet, I could take on more swearing- have the mouth of a trucker maybe.... Well it's goddam mother ****ing lent- lets have some fish!

4. I've thought about giving up being a friend/family member - just saying **** it to everyone and see what happens then. To be able to say- Sorry, not my problem right now- I gave up being ME for Lent!
  • vaderandbill
    vaderandbill Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna clean it out of my dryer and my belly button.

Nice!!
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    I've been toying with the idea of giving up coffee for Lent. Im just afraid that I might kill someone...
  • daisydieter
    Options
    I've been toying with the idea of giving up coffee for Lent. Im just afraid that I might kill someone...

Oh that would be dangerous in my household. I'm zombie from 6AM to 6:45AM...
  • heidi2004
    heidi2004 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    for us its Fasting, we dont eat any meat and eggs anything dairy!! Everything I Love!!!
  • tboothgenthe
    Options
    Being Catholic ... lol
  • WishfulShrinking331
    Options
    I might do french fries again, it's my weakness
  • hettylair
    hettylair Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'm ashamed to admit that I sneak Diet Cokes when I'm out. It's my vice. I think I need to get off the Diet Coke, so I'm doing it for Lent. Hopefully I won't ever go back to it.
  • carita26
    Options
    PROBABLY SWEET TEA... THATS MY WEAKNESS
  • asudheimer
    asudheimer Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I haven't thought too much about it yet... maybe swearing, since my 2 year old has picked up a couple naughty words! :noway:

I could try to give up cupcakes because they are my biggest weakness and I usually can't go any longer than 2 weeks without one... but I have several birthdays between now and Easter so that would really test me... :heart:

But I guess I need to get on the ball and get something pinpointed down. Thanks for the reminder! :smile:
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    1 .I could give up shopping- or not! It's supposed to be a sacrifice not a death sentence, right? Besides, Target and my credit card company would think something horrible had happened to me! Why put them through unneeded stress and worry....

ROFL!