Let's Talk About... Raspberry Ketones

Options
13»

Replies

• jogglesngoggles
    jogglesngoggles Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    We should all chip in and put you on salary. Your job would be to watch Dr. Quack and debunk the horse$hit he spews before the forums are flooded with his latest miracle fat loss cure.

Really kids - science has proven again and again that a balanced diet and plenty of daily activity not only work - you don't have to pay extra for them!

couldn't have said it better myself!!
  • onedayillbamilf
    onedayillbamilf Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    IMO...Why bother with any supplements if you just need to move your *kitten* and eat right? What good will looking good do if you're heart and liver are malfucnctioning from taking so much crapola?

#1. Only stimmed supps are going to have issues on heart. If you follow recommended dosage even then very little effect.
    #2. Some supplements help with liver function.
    #3. Supplements give you an edge, they aren't the answer all - in - one. Just gives you an edge.

I'm a huge fan of natty test boosters. They worked for me back in the day, and they have helped me greatly recently. I've never used a fat burner.

Are there studies that prove that these natty test boosters won't cause long term damage? If so, do it to it, but the friend of mine who landed in the hospital with a failing liver from them might disagree.
  • packalpha
    Options
    there. is. no. miracle. pill.

a reasonable balanced healthy diet and exercise. it's science that works like magic.

great post
  • fakeplastictree
    fakeplastictree Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    But...but....it's Dr. Oz!!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    #3. Supplements give you an edge, they aren't the answer all - in - one. Just gives you an edge.

I'm a huge fan of natty test boosters. They worked for me back in the day, and they have helped me greatly recently. I've never used a fat burner.

Aren't "edges" best utilized when you are at the top of your game and you want a bump up? Is it really an "edge" if you still have a ways to go before you reach your natural physical best?

I would say most are more of a benefit that are closer to the top of their game, then have a long ways to go. But things like creatine, beta alanine, ephedrine etc would likely provide benefit to anyone who uses them, regardless of level of fitness etc
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    This is smart-looking stuff but maybe I'm not-so-smart -- what's wrong with the 2007 study? Just that it hasn't been duplicated/published?

• deedster_a
    deedster_a Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    If we took all the supplements that Dr. Oz touts, we would rattle and slosh with every step!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    This is also interesting, this is the website for the patent holder of Razberi-K, which that human trial was done with, yet they make no mention of that human trial at all. Interesting, no?

http://www.integritynut.com/products-and-services/razberi-k.html
  • irridia
    irridia Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    But... but... Dr. Oz is a DOCTOR! :sad:

He wears SCRUBS and EVERYTHING!!!!
  • Lrt4uk
    Lrt4uk Posts: 174
    Options
    If we took all the supplements that Dr. Oz touts, we would rattle and slosh with every step!

if we took all of the suppliments that he recommends, there would be no need for food at all.
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options

Aren't "edges" best utilized when you are at the top of your game and you want a bump up? Is it really an "edge" if you still have a ways to go before you reach your natural physical best?

Not always, they've helped me greatly. They can also help balance issues that might be causing you problems. I was 380+ pounds, way above my time when I was in great shape. Goal is around 240 they way I was when i was in great shape. That is 140 pounds, adding testosterone after 3 months has actually bumped up speed of BF lost again when it was sagging down. (Natty test boosters, not ph or steroids). Other supplements help with faster recovery, allows your body to better utilize it's nutrients. They have their place.
  • d2footballJRC
    Options
    IMO...Why bother with any supplements if you just need to move your *kitten* and eat right? What good will looking good do if you're heart and liver are malfucnctioning from taking so much crapola?

#1. Only stimmed supps are going to have issues on heart. If you follow recommended dosage even then very little effect.
    #2. Some supplements help with liver function.

Are there studies that prove that these natty test boosters won't cause long term damage? If so, do it to it, but the friend of mine who landed in the hospital with a failing liver from them might disagree.

Sounds like he was using a methyl- based Pro Hormone Test booster, most likely without proper cycle support and PCT. People kill themselves with prescription drugs and things like paint all the time. If you abuse or don't follow directions/guidelines you open yourself up for trouble. When you mess with things that can go through both passes of your liver it can wreck havoc on them without proper support.

(BTW DAA and Testofen based boosters don't give you near the bump and go through the liver in the first pass, just like most food. They aren't hard on the liver. Considering my liver blood work is better now then before, I don't think they've been too detrimental.)
  • fitfour55
    Options
    I did decide to buy a bottle of raspberry ketones. It was only $10.50, and trust me, I have wasted more money than that on products like Ally. Anyway, I don't look for it to be a magic pill, but if it helps with weight loss, then I will continue to take them. I have lost 2 pounds this week, and since my weight had stalled, I am very happy with my weight loss. I don't see anything in the ingredients that concern me, except maybe the caffeine. Maybe that is why I have more energy during the day :-) This is what is in the bottle of Raspberry ketones that I bought: Raspberry Ketones, African Mango Extract, Acai Fruit, Green Tea Extract, Resveratrol, Caffeine, Apple Cider Vinegar Powder, Kelp, and Grapefruit Powder.
    BTW, I don't just sit around all day eating doughnuts wanting the the raspberry ketones to do all the work. I eat sensibly and I do get up and move!!!
  • djkshdfd
    djkshdfd Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Really? Those two compounds look nothing alike! Basic organic chemistry would prove this wrong in an instant
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    My rule of thumb is that if the product comes with a celebrity endorsement it's probably overpriced and ineffective.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    ....This is what is in the bottle of Raspberry ketones that I bought: Raspberry Ketones, African Mango Extract, Acai Fruit, Green Tea Extract, Resveratrol, Caffeine, Apple Cider Vinegar Powder, Kelp, and Grapefruit Powder.

how many mg of each?
  • fitfour55
    Options
    ....This is what is in the bottle of Raspberry ketones that I bought: Raspberry Ketones, African Mango Extract, Acai Fruit, Green Tea Extract, Resveratrol, Caffeine, Apple Cider Vinegar Powder, Kelp, and Grapefruit Powder.

how many mg of each?

It doesn't list the mg. of each ingredient, instead it says "Proprietary Formula 1200 mg."
  • fitfour55
    Options
    I have actually decided to stop taking the raspberry ketones until I see my doctor later this month. The reason that I am going to stop taking them until I see him is because I am on a new medication and you always get a paper with your medications that list the medication warnings and it says "Herbal/dietary supplement products may interact with this medication. Discuss any such product with your doctor." So I will put this on hold for right now and if my doctor says that it is unsafe for me to take them, then they will go in the trash. I want to lose weight but I want to do it safely.
  • d2footballJRC
    Options
    I am currently using Raspberry Ketones for weight loss and it is working really well i have been on it for about a month now and its great. I have lost about 9 lbs and have had zero side effects and it is very easy to get. I ordered from a website called http://raspberryketoneexpress.com/ | their formula is 100% natural so 0 side effects and they offer free shipping with no tax or fees. If your looking to lose weight try Raspberry Ketone Express

Both your posts so far have been advertisements and links to pages owned by the same company according to whois look ups.. Spammer.