Ladies.......need some cute workout clothes

Options
I'm looking for some cute tops and capris I can use when i work out and run. I use my I phone for music and didn't know if there are some shirts that have a pocket for my phone so I don't have to carry it at all.

Which shirts and pants, bras do you like? Please share!

Replies

• KPinkBow
    Options
    I am absolutely OBSESSED with Lululemon (www.lululemon.com) I adore their running and workout clothes! They're pricey, but worth every penny. They wash and wear SO well and the fabrics are amazing. Plus their running and yoga pants somehow manage to make my butt look good haha! They have all these amazing pockets with holes in nearly all of their clothes so you can run with your ipod/iphone/whatever.

LOVE Lululemon :-)
  • sammybey
    sammybey Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I love LuLu at well (their ta-ta tamer is the best sports bra EVER), but they are expensive. I've found a good, much cheaper alternative to be Old Navy's active line-- believe it or not! I have 3 workout pants/shorts from them and a workout top and they have all held up very well through tons of washing. I'm going to go back for more very soon.
  • witheredorchid
    witheredorchid Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    It's sad really but I buy all my workout clothes from Thrift Stores. Either a lot of people just outgrow them quickly or realize they never use them and donate them because I find tones of cute stuff that seems hardly used if not brand new. A lot of good quality stuff too.
  • JennS19
    JennS19 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I would of never thought of Old Navy. Thanks

The LuLu stuff looks awesome, maybe I can treat myself once I drop some more weight
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    Definitely Old Navy and Target. I stalk their clearance sections :)
  • ShelbyBeck414
    Options
    I am obsessed with having 'outfits' to work out in....and need my bra to match my bottoms....bahaha..
    I've found some fabulous things at Old Navy as well...and also love anything Nike (I'm addicted to the long sleeve zip ups with the thumb hole...perfect for workouts outdoors!!
    Also, Victoria Secret makes some great workout gear!!!
    Good luck girl!
  • BlessedandBeautifulBrown
    Options
    Walmart or Old Navy super cute and great price for the shrinking you
  • salsera_barbie
    salsera_barbie Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Old Navy does have some nice stuff.

Since I'm small on top, I dont' need much support. I usually get a 3-pack at Walmart for $10.

I love working out at home. We have several beachbody dvs. Honestly, I workout in my underwear and a sports bra and sneakers. I love it!!! TMI, I know.
  • allierae14
    Options
    I love aerie's yoga pants and sport bras!
  • JennS19
    Options
    Old Navy does have some nice stuff.

Since I'm small on top, I dont' need much support. I usually get a 3-pack at Walmart for $10.

I love working out at home. We have several beachbody dvs. Honestly, I workout in my underwear and a sports bra and sneakers. I love it!!! TMI, I know.

Seeing as though my undies are pretty much granny panties right now I don't think that would be a pretty sight!! LOL Thanks for the suggestions!
  • marquesajen
    Options
    I check out Target (because I'm poor, blah), but Sports Authority has good sales too on all kinds of workout gear.
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    I cruise the sale racks at Academy and Target. I like Nike running tops. I also love Running Skirts, they have some good sales and really cute clothes!

http://www.runningskirts.com/

My current favorite bra is from Victoria's Secret. It's pricey but a great bra and hides things well...

http://www.victoriassecret.com/ss/Satellite?ProductID=1265716010347&c=Page&cid=1324474295002&pagename=vsdWrapper
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    I am absolutely OBSESSED with Lululemon (www.lululemon.com) I adore their running and workout clothes! They're pricey, but worth every penny. They wash and wear SO well and the fabrics are amazing. Plus their running and yoga pants somehow manage to make my butt look good haha! They have all these amazing pockets with holes in nearly all of their clothes so you can run with your ipod/iphone/whatever.

LOVE Lululemon :-)

Whoops hit post by mistake.
    All of this.
    People on here tend to tisk tisk spending a lot when there are a lot of cheaper versions, but I find lulu worth every penny. I spend a lot of time in work out clothes and I don't mind spending money on quality. I don't have a store here so I only buy on trips and always set aside money for it. I have built up a decen collection buying one piece at a time.
  • cowgirlslikeus86
    cowgirlslikeus86 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I have had several pairs of old navy bottoms and worn them till they died.
    I love LULU but have not gotten the courage to buy anything from them yet.
    I love targets sports bras, they are soooo colorfull.
    Most of my stuff is random, from sports stores or nike clearance. I have 2 pairs of the livestrong capris black/yellow. They are the absolute best pair of bottoms I have ever invested in....(thus 2 pairs).
    I like to buy name brand workout clothes but I usually buy them on the sale racks or from Ross Dress For Less.
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I love LuLu but don't want to spend that kind of money for workout clothes.. I hit up target, champion has some pretty cute stuff and their sports bras aren't bad either.
  • KacieHetrick
    KacieHetrick Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    JCPenney, Xersion line! Inexpensive and the fabric is great!
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah- my favorite bra is Movig Comfort Fiona - the best running bra I have tried (I have a large chest).
    For just working out, I have nice Adidas bras but they aren't good for running.
  • JennS19
    Options
    These suggestions are so awesome! thanks!!

I just checked out Old Navy and I was blown away by the cute active stuff they have!!! I'm more excited to work out now and I haven't even purchased anything yet. LOL
  • Beth720
    Beth720 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    For running, check out skirtsports.com or runningskirts.com - both have capri skirts with pockets! :)

And I second the Moving Comfort Fiona. PERFECTION!
  • Mama_CAEI
    Options
    I just got an Old Navy Go-Dry tank and Compression capris (I think that's what they are...). Love them!! They were both on special when I bought them. :smile:
    I have also bought stuff in thrift stores...you can find nice brand name stuff still in like new condition because people shrink or give up. :laugh:
    If you're in Canada, I loooooove Reitman's yoga pants. :heart: I wear them around the house as well as for working out.