Energy Booster

Options

Replies

• bsc123
    bsc123 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I agree with going to a doctor. Low thyroid and depression can cause these symptoms. Good luck!
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    Well last time I tried to donate blood (Red Cross on their quarterly school visits) the guy testing me said my iron was too low to donate.

I took some iron pills for a bit, but then I got tired of taking them because I never remembered

Ok. You need to take control of your health.

Low iron won't just prevent you from donating blood, you know. Iron transports oxygen in your bloodstream. This would absolutely affect your energy levels.

But if you got tired of taking a pill because you weren't really taking them because you forgot.... well, I just have not resonse to that kind of logic.
  • memcd911
    memcd911 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Advocare Spark. It's a powder you mix with water. It has caffeine in it along with a bajillion vitamins like the Bs, C, A, D, zinc, etc. And it's sugar free. I use it not only for a pep up, but if I'm craving something sweet.
  • Skeemer118
    Skeemer118 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Do you think it could be depression? These are all classic symptoms. Good luck!
  • gigigirl003
    gigigirl003 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You might want to check with your doctor to make sure that there not something medical first, but try taking a multi-vitamin and I also take Super B Complex. It helps with the added boost of energy with the B-12 in it and it is good for your metabolism too. Good Luck!
  • skinnychick33
    skinnychick33 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Could be depression.....Seasonal Affective disorder? See a doctor.
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    Well last time I tried to donate blood (Red Cross on their quarterly school visits) the guy testing me said my iron was too low to donate.

I took some iron pills for a bit, but then I got tired of taking them because I never remembered

Ok. You need to take control of your health.

Low iron won't just prevent you from donating blood, you know. Iron transports oxygen in your bloodstream. This would absolutely affect your energy levels.

But if you got tired of taking a pill because you weren't really taking them because you forgot.... well, I just have not resonse to that kind of logic.
    It's not logic...I never remembered to take them.
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    EXERCISE!!! :D

Even if it is depression like another poster mentioned a good fitness routine will really help. I have depression and anxiety but I manage it through exercise and I rarely suffer from it anymore.

Good luck.

And if you are going to answer "I can't find the energy to exercise..that's the problem" my answer is.. Suck it up, princess. You have to force yourself. Nothing is easy in the beginning.
  • Punkedpoetess
    Punkedpoetess Posts: 633 Member
    Options

As someone who is anemic also, it alarms me that you aren't taking them. I take mine before bed each night. You will feel so much better if you take them. I have a lot more energy now since I started taking them everyday. Caffeine will help some as well during the day if you take them.
  • sammielealea
    sammielealea Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I agree that this is something that you should talk to your Dr about (especially having previous health concerns that need to be addressed) . . . . I was also low energy, and a change that worked for me was adding a "green drink" to my morning. They are all natural and have 0 side effects (aside from some being gross!), and have made a huge difference with my energy levels.
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options

Well there you go!! Why did you even post this topic if you already know the answer?

Take your damn pills.
  • HorrorChix89
    Options
    So far I'm at risk of having heart failure, low iron, and just plain depressed. Well I may be depressed, but I was told that I'm not depressed, just crazy. Like psycho killer crazy. I have been pretty down recently but this laziness I have has been going on since I can remember.

I know I have low iron, or at least I think I do. And heart problems run on both sides of my family so lucky me.

Now I need to find a doctor that works for free
  • Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Options

Sounds like you need to start remembering to take them. If he said your iron was that low, and you are tired, then your best bet is to take an iron supplement. If you don't want to be a walking zombie, then you are going to need to do something about it. Set a reminder on your phone, put a post-it on the mirror, whatever you need to do. Getting your iron back up to where it should be will make a huge difference. But you HAVE to remember to get a lot of Vitamin C, too, which is necessary for your body to properly absorb the iron. Good luck!
  • PercivalHackworth
    PercivalHackworth Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    The thing that worked for me : eating nuts : almonds, hazelnuts, dry raisins, walnuts.
    Try 15-20 grams per day.
    Before including em into my diaries, I had zero energy every morning, bad mood 24/7, disgusted.
    Accross week I started to regain energy - nothing changed neither in my Life nor into my diet except these nuts.
    You could also try brewer's yeast caps, another complement in parallel.
    Add more vitamins to your diet maybe ?
  • HorrorChix89
    Options
    EXERCISE!!! :D

Even if it is depression like another poster mentioned a good fitness routine will really help. I have depression and anxiety but I manage it through exercise and I rarely suffer from it anymore.

Good luck.

And if you are going to answer "I can't find the energy to exercise..that's the problem" my answer is.. Suck it up, princess. You have to force yourself. Nothing is easy in the beginning.
    Umm...I don't even know why I quoted this.

I DO exercise. I FORCE myself to exercise and after I suffer through 60 minutes of torture I want to punch a baby. But I can't because my arms hurt.
  • HorrorChix89
    Options

Well there you go!! Why did you even post this topic if you already know the answer?

Take your damn pills.
    Maybe because I DIDN'T know the answer?
  • star87cc
    Options
    I find im too scatter brained in the mornings to remember everything unless I have a routine, so I started leaving my mulit-vitamins by my mirror so when I go to do my makeup I see them and remember! or if you're just not that into pills try eating more iron rich foods! iron makes such a difference to your body!
  • malikaityler
    Options
    A general physical isn't a bad idea, they can check basic levels of B12 and such. I have MS so lack of energy is a regular thing for me. I do take fat burners to get out of bed and get moving first thing but you do need to research the ingredients before you take anything! I took one last year that had yohimbine in it and it was like I had constant roid rage :-/. If your county has a health department they can usually get you in for a basic physical, it's worth looking into at least
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Take your iron tablets, find a way to remember. Stupid for something so simple as forgetting to take an iron pill is messing up your life. You also sound depressed to me. I'd definitely say see a doctor too
  • starrygirl82
    starrygirl82 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I agree with audddy. I was the same way when I was anemic. You should have your iron level/hemoglobin checked. Also, try B12 vitamins. Hope this helps. :)