Protein Bars

Options

Replies

• Sixalicious
    Sixalicious Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I use Quest Protein bars. Lots of fiber, very little net carbs.

^^^Only bars i've seen that aren't full of processed garbage

They taste great after 10 seconds in the microwave

I've never heard of Quest before. Do they sell them in stores or do you have to order them online?

Online only: http://www.questproteinbar.com/

I don't typically eat protein bars because of all the extra crap they put in them. These might just work for me. Thanks!
  • ashquin
    ashquin Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    these are the BEST!!!
    i like the think thin bars - no sugar, 20 g. protien, 230 cals
  • ashquin
    ashquin Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    you can order on line. i also found them at whole foods.
    I like thinkThin Chunky Peanut Butter bars. They are gluten free and have no sugar and have 20 grams of protien!!!

Where do you get those?
  • lexagon
    lexagon Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    #1 Quest
    #2 Think Thin
    #3 Homemade :)
  • damore76
    damore76 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am not necessarily looking to overdo protein because I do not want to bulk up, but I do like to have it in my diet. For breakfast every morning I have Luna nutrition bar. The bars do not overdo the protein, but offer about 18% of my daily intake. They taste good, too. My favorite flavors are: chocolate dipped coconut, honey pretzel, smores, and iced oatmeal raisin.
  • wady24
    wady24 Posts: 75
    Options
    I am fan of Think thin too...You can order them on Amazon.com or even QFC carries them. Last month they had a sale for 1 bar/ $0.99. I think they usually go around $1.30 or so. I bought a lot of them and really enjoy them. They are Gluten free and almost taste like a candy bar :)
  • EnjoyTheSpin
    Options
    The ONLY three bars that I eat are PureFit, Good n' Natural, and The Simply Bar.
    They are vegan and are artificial sweetener free and have tons of protein!

Stay away from any bar with maltitol (most of them). This artificial sweetener tends to cause stomach upset. These include Pure Protein, Think Thin, Detour, and pretty much any bar with a "chocolate" coating.
  • welloiledmachine
    welloiledmachine Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Much cheaper to make your own protein bars and a lot less junk.

Jamie Eason has some great ones.

Pumpkin
    Lemon poppy seed

They are all over the internet. It's best to look for the most cleanest ones you can find.
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    I've been eating Luna bars. They taste good, the sugar isn't too terribly awful, and they're 70 or 80% organic, which is nice. Never heard of the Quest bars, either, but I'm interested. I kinda have to watch sweeteners, though. Particularly Splenda / sucralose. It is NOT my friend.
  • 1jeaniebeanie
    1jeaniebeanie Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I like the Special K ones from the grocery store... 10 grams of protein, 5 grams of fiber, 170 cals. I like them... and the fiber doesn't hurt my stomach and make me gassy.... :blushing: like some of the other fiber bards out there... like fiber one.
    I also like the double chocolate one.. because it makes me feel like I am eating a candy bar. lol :tongue:
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    I am not necessarily looking to overdo protein because I do not want to bulk up, but I do like to have it in my diet. For breakfast every morning I have Luna nutrition bar. The bars do not overdo the protein, but offer about 18% of my daily intake. They taste good, too. My favorite flavors are: chocolate dipped coconut, honey pretzel, smores, and iced oatmeal raisin.

Unless you are pushing some SERIOUS weight in the gym and doing 'roids, you will NOT bulk up. :wink:
  • amandavictoria80
    amandavictoria80 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I agree with Quest bars or I also use p90x bars when I am in a bind. I find that the other bars on the market make my stomach very upset because of the sugar alcohols they contain. The quest bars are low carb and very little sugar alcohol. p90x bars also do not have any artificial things, but are higher in calories and sugar, so I just eat half at a time. You can sign up to get 2 free samples of quest bars on their website, it will take about 5 weeks for them to come.

Not if you're in Canada. :( I'm sad. LOL
  • amandavictoria80
    amandavictoria80 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I like the Special K ones from the grocery store... 10 grams of protein, 5 grams of fiber, 170 cals. I like them... and the fiber doesn't hurt my stomach and make me gassy.... :blushing: like some of the other fiber bards out there... like fiber one.
    I also like the double chocolate one.. because it makes me feel like I am eating a candy bar. lol :tongue:

You feel like you're eating a candy bar, well, because you basically are. :(

The Special K Protein Bars have a TON of sugar in them! 15g to be exact! Not to mention the ingredients actually state SUGAR and CORN SYRUP in the top three. Not good at all.

I personally wouldn't recommend eating those to supplement protein.
  • Melis25Fit
    Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I love Luna and Clif!
  • haldeman5
    haldeman5 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I love Balance Bars, particularly the S'mores ones!!! Delicious:-)
  • suavequeen
    suavequeen Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    *bump*
  • chefanie85
    Options
    I agree with Quest bars or I also use p90x bars when I am in a bind. I find that the other bars on the market make my stomach very upset because of the sugar alcohols they contain. The quest bars are low carb and very little sugar alcohol. p90x bars also do not have any artificial things, but are higher in calories and sugar, so I just eat half at a time. You can sign up to get 2 free samples of quest bars on their website, it will take about 5 weeks for them to come.

Not if you're in Canada. :( I'm sad. LOL

On their website it looks like they ship to Canada. I couldn't find where to sign up for the free samples though. :(
  • snowstorme
    snowstorme Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    You can also get quest bars from netrition.com. That's where I get mine. I've tried all flavors on both their lines, and they are all quite good.
  • MJD89
    MJD89 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of Think Thin bars. Any suggestions for where I can pick some up? Thanks!
  • blondejillie
    blondejillie Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Right on with the Quest Bars...order mine on Amazon. Much less sugar and less processed than some other bars. The Berry ones taste like oatmeal cookie dough. Yum!