Protein Bars

Options

Replies

• HopeHahn
    Options
    My favorite brand is Pure Protein. They have some of the best tasting flavors. Their 'Smores and Peanut Butter Carmel Surprise are my favorites right now!
  • Buckeyt
    Buckeyt Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Clif Builder's Bars

Nearly all organic ingredients, but 270 calories. but 20g of protein. Basically satifies my sweet tooth
  • Julie_9
    Julie_9 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I really like the thinkthin bars. The brownie crunch, chocoalte fudge and white chocolate ones are really good. They are not tough to chew or taste horrible, they are actually really good. Typically they have 20 grams of protein and no sugar. They have a variety of flavors. I have tried a lot of different bars and this is the only kind I like. Good Luck.
  • Molly182
    Molly182 Posts: 406
    Options
    I want one with not a lot of sugar
  • lind3400
    lind3400 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    definitely clif bars mmmm chocolate mint
  • Punkedpoetess
    Punkedpoetess Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Here are the protein bars I enjoy on occasion. I mostly use to replace breakfast on really busy days or for an on the go snack/small meal.

* Luna Bars (yummy for a snack, my favorites are chocolate dipped coconut, iced oatmeal raisin, and caramel nut brownie)
    * Clif Builder bars (love the chocolate mint ones, the chocolate and vanilla almond ones are good also)
    * Pure Protein (chocolate peanut butter tastes decent)
    * Think Thin (the chocolate brownie crunch ones are awesome, just tried them a few days ago). Buying more of these soon.
  • coloschick
    Options
    They are so expensive. Any tips on how to get them cheaper online?
  • coloschick
    Options
    Where did you get the Think Thin bars?
  • Punkedpoetess
    Punkedpoetess Posts: 633 Member
    Options

I got mine at Trader Joe's. You can also find them near you using their store locator at the link below"

http://thinkproducts.com/store-locator/
  • Molly182
    Options
    I caved and just ordered some Quest Bars!
  • hkmamma
    Options
    I use the Zone bars, have a good protein to carb ratio, and are yummy. My kids have started eating them for breakfast too!
  • chefanie85
    Options
    Yeah, I caved too. lol I'm ordering Quest bars now. Couldn't resist some of those flavors. lol
  • Molly182
    Options
    Yeah, I caved too. lol I'm ordering Quest bars now. Couldn't resist some of those flavors. lol

haha yup. I hope you like them!
  • jayb0ne
    jayb0ne Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I eat the Maximuscle Cyclone ones. 216 cals, 24g protein, 18g carbs, 5g creatine, and some glutamine for glycogen recovery. I quite like them but a lot of people say they taste bad so... More for folk valueing the content over the taste I guess.

For homemade ones, I make these:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/359279-jay-s-homemade-protein-flapjack?hl=Jays+Homemade+Protein#posts-5153587

Jay
  • chefanie85
    Options

haha yup. I hope you like them!

I hope I like them too. LOL I got the Original sampler. I think I'll get the All Natural sampler next time....if I like these. lol
  • Embell0830
    Options

I find that buying the Think Thin bars directly from their website is cheaper and they usually have coupons online
  • Tiff1124
    Tiff1124 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I love the KIND bars, and I found an awesome recipe to make them at home. Way cheaper too :)

http://enlightenedcooking.blogspot.com/2011/09/homemade-trio-bars-and-homemade-kind.html
  • honu18
    honu18 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Pure Protein are my favorite, although I haven't tried that many. I love the smores flavor as well as the Pure Protein Revolution (it's like peanut butter caramel flavor). They have like the lowest calorie to highest protein ratio that I can really find in a protein bar. Although those Quest ones look pretty darn good..can't vouch for them though!
  • Molly182
    Options
    Just updating to say that I got my Quest bars in the mail. They're awesome!
  • barefoot76
    barefoot76 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I only make homemade protein bars -- and I HAVE to make them because my 4 kids are very picky vegetarians with gluten/dairy allergies, so I have to get protein into them somehow! :-)

I love the NoMeatAthlete.com recipe template because you can mix-and-match ingredients to change up the flavors. Here ya go:

http://www.nomeatathlete.com/homemade-energy-bar-recipe/

I use chickpeas, bananas, almond butter, cinnamon, vanilla, Rice Krispies, quinoa flour, and chocolate chips. I also add in a tbsp each of chia seeds, raw cacao powder and maca powder for good measure! My kids LOVE these bars! They call them "cookie bars" and I put them in their lunch every day.