ravihira1892 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    so it looks like its great results from taking this then! :) woo
  • jamiem1102
    jamiem1102 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Not me. I'm immune to 'junk science'.

Wow. Tell us how you really feel. :huh:

Glad too. I feel this product is marketed in a way to take advantage of those who are desperate to lose weight, but lack basic nutritional knowledge. Also, a balanced diet combined with a reasonable excersize routine will accomplish everything this product claims.

Actually, it's marketed towards people who choose a raw vegan diet. It's a protein source, in the case that they think they need more protein in their diet. Spirulina does not in any way help you to lose weight, it simply provides necessary vitamins and a few health benefits. Junk science would be something that is man-made and ineffective, as opposed to a natural food source that has been utilized for centuries. Sure you could receive the same benefits by adjusting your diet differently, but some people may choose to do it in a different way than yourself, sir. It doesn't make it any less effective.

You would sound a lot smarter if you you didn't make biased assumptions on a product you don't even use, but I digress. Thank you for attempting to make an argument anyways.

It would also help his argument if he didn't make so many spelling errors... just sayin'.
  • deniserenee_02
    deniserenee_02 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    It lost me at Liver Cancer. I'll just stick to human food not fish food.
  • ravihira1892
    ravihira1892 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    ^^^^ Make sure you buy certified spirulina or you can risk getting liver cancer yes but other then that things look A ok. ^^^^

my second day of taking spirulina just one tablet of 500mg & i feel more alive maybe because of the extra hour sleep i had or because of the tablet who knows, its too early too tell but so far no side effects :). gradually introducing my dosages.
  • Topher1978
    Topher1978 Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Spirulina is a protein dense plant based food that looks like it's high in protein and pretty nutrient dense.

I think making the claim that any individual food source will cause body composition change, or hair growth, or boost your immune system, or anything else -- is pretty much silly without the context of the entire diet being included.

The question I'd ask is, how expensive is Spirulina and what dosage are you getting? Does it taste good?

You could very likely fulfill your dietary needs and get everything that Spirulina gives you simply by making different food choices, but hey -- if they have some at your grocery store and you like it, and you can afford it, then it looks like a good food choice.
    I second this! I am thinking about starting to do green smoothies. I have had spirulina in the past and it tastes nasty… I may give it a go if I start doing green smoothies.